1973 AFC Championship Game - Full Broadcast! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1973 AFC Championship Game - Full Broadcast!

dirwuf

Scout Team
Reaction score
Another example of why the '73 team was better than the '72 one....annihilating an excellent Raiders squad.

[video=youtube;2rPKLE-_8uQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rPKLE-_8uQ&list=PLFhFWsWp3FbTEVKF2vVIAN7cw0tKmE4fj&index=22[/video]

Whooahh,,, where'd this come from? That's insane. I'll be downloading that once I get home from work.
Thank YOU!!!

Great find. I've never seen this. Headed to work but I need to find time to watch this. Love that it's 80 degrees in the playoffs and we made the Raiders wear black in that heat. Our jerseys look great. The blue pops out. I wish we went back to that. Curt Gowdy as the broadcaster is a legend but the color guy seems lesser by today's standards.

There's nothing like having dominant lines to set the tone and give your whole team confidence and an edge.

Great find. I've never seen this. Headed to work but I need to find time to watch this. Love that it's 80 degrees in the playoffs and we made the Raiders wear black in that heat. Our jerseys look great. The blue pops out. I wish we went back to that. Curt Gowdy as the broadcaster is a legend but the color guy seems lesser by today's standards.

There's nothing like having dominant lines to set the tone and give your whole team confidence and an edge.

Could not agree more! Love that color and was wishing thats what we were going back to when the change was made 2 yrs ago. Best color combo ever!!

The top sponsors back then (Sears, Dodge/Plymouth and Amoco) Big change 40 years later.

Entering that game we had a 23 game home winning streak. Now that is home field advantage.

Funny they go to commercial and Johnny Cash is asking Americans to slow down and dial back thermostat 6 degrees to save energy and create jobs. Some things never change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami won the toss and took the ball like they always did back then. I'd rather score the opening drive and put the other team behind the 8-ball. I hate deferring. Shula would never do that.

Anita Bryant (Miss Oklahoma) sang the National Anthem. She ended up being a anti-gay activist with Jerry Fallwell. Big change in times. No way the NFL is associated with either these days.

9 play 64 yard opening drive for TD. That is how you start a football game. Did I tell you I hate deferring? LOL.

Hagar Double Knit Pants being peddled on commercials. Boy those are some ugly pants. (2) 30 second commercials between a change of possession. Wow. No way you get that today.

This is hysterical. Now a commercial on the American banks working together.

Your Bank, Helping you change things for the better.

Can we print some more money or have a financial collapse?

Ray Guy booms a 70 yard punt backed up in his end zone. That was clutch.

Very happy that the game has sped up and the rules have changed in todays NFL. What a boring game.

Very happy that the game has sped up and the rules have changed in todays NFL. What a boring game.

I disagree. This game is a battle of wills. Two of the best running teams battling it out. Two of the best defenses. Classic defensive battle. Today's games have 5 minutes of commercial instead of 1 and blowouts are common.

I disagree. This game is a battle of wills. Two of the best running teams battling it out. Two of the best defenses. Classic defensive battle. Today's games have 5 minutes of commercial instead of 1 and blowouts are common.

You can disagree all you'd like but the game is faster and the rules promote more scoring which equals a better product. Not to mention we get to actually see more plays in today's game. No huddle helps that. You can't measure a test of wills between two teams and you'd be hard pressed to find any NFL fan born after 1985 that cares to watch a "defensive struggle". I'd rather watch a 2-1 baseball game where the pitchers are killing it over a "defensive struggle" football game that ends up being 6-3. Snooze fest.

When offenses can gobble up 10 yards like it is nothing due to rules changes what is the point of having a 1st down marker. Today's game is all about what you do in the red zone. Back then you had to earn your 1st downs.

When offenses can gobble up 10 yards like it is nothing due to rules changes what is the point of having a 1st down marker. Today's game is all about what you do in the red zone. Back then you had to earn your 1st downs.

And I'm OK with that. I don't have time to sit there and watch a game that feels like its 4 hours long because of huddling, running the ball and playing that god-awful time of possession strategy. In fact, not only do I get to watch more plays per game but I also get to watch more football as a whole with the advent of RedZone. The 70's can keep their football. I'll keep my eras game and stay entertained.

Back
Top Bottom