1990 Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills: Wild Card Round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1990 Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills: Wild Card Round

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm getting excited about football season again, and I went to YouTube to get my fix. I stumbled across an old playoff game. I was only 9, but I remember this game. Not too many details, but I remember Louis Oliver getting burned repeatedly. :lol:

[video=youtube;W1z73SeAdJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1z73SeAdJI[/video]

my friend, I too am ready for the season. I remember driving from Syracuse with my friend Joey to attend that game. We were pumped and confident. The fans like every othe Fins game at Rich Stadium had blood in their mouths wanting to kill us. If memory serves we were down 20-3 before we scored a td. the stats don't tell the story. what a miserable, god awful game. I went to Oswego state , and my fraternity had 95 Bills Fans, a few Giant Jokers, and one miserable fin fan. Our day is coming soon. I truly believe it....

Peace

We were down 20-3 and we mounted a comeback on a big catch and run to Duper and if I'm not mistaken a little goal line pass play to Roy Foster (a guard). Marino also scored on a naked bootleg that fooled everyone. There was a 4th and 1 or 2 that we went for around mid field and in true Marino fashion he launched a low percentage bomb down the sideline that Duper hauled in down around the 4 or 5 that set up one of the aforementioned scores. The problem, as was all too common during the Olividotti days is that our D couldn't get a stop when they needed to. Also I think Offerdahl got injured the week prior and didn't play - which didn't help matter. Another gutsy, big time playoff performance by Dan went to waste.

Everyone should go to the 2:19 mark and watch the big time 4th down throw Dan makes to set up his bootleg TD (at the 2:16 mark). The guy always elevated his game in big moments - to be able to make throws like this, in situations like this - on the road, raucous crowd, in the snow - damn I miss this guy. One of the GOAT - no question.

On the flip side, our D gave up 27 points in the first half - it's no wonder we never won a SB during his prime. What a shame.

my friend, I too am ready for the season. I remember driving from Syracuse with my friend Joey to attend that game. We were pumped and confident. The fans like every othe Fins game at Rich Stadium had blood in their mouths wanting to kill us. If memory serves we were down 20-3 before we scored a td. the stats don't tell the story. what a miserable, god awful game. I went to Oswego state , and my fraternity had 95 Bills Fans, a few Giant Jokers, and one miserable fin fan. Our day is coming soon. I truly believe it....

Peace

OSU Lakers alumnus here too! :up:

This is the first sporting event that ever made me cry. I was 9. That was a loooong offseason, but this game officially had me hooked on the Fins, even though I grew up in Illinois.

I STILL hate the Bills more than any other team...

First nfl game I eve watched. Even so, the magic of Marino was clear for a newbie like me. The bills were clearly the better team by a couple of miles. So unbelievable great. I his running to, showing the ball before limping the to the end zone was pure awesomeness. I o defense. No running game. Under the snow. And still, we were in the game, until the end (a week later, the Raiders were destroyed like 50-3 or something...)

That game made me a nfl fan and a Dolphins fan. (yes, many painful memories followed, but what can I do? When you love someone you don't give in the bad times)

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I was in the 11th grade at the time. The Dolphins came back to beat the Chiefs at home the week before in the wild card game 17-16.

I remember. I was15 years old and on a ski trip to Smugglers Notch. I sat in a bar/ restaurant and watched the entire game and I really loved skiing back then, still do. My poor friend sat with me and I kept saying just a little longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting excited about football season again, and I went to YouTube to get my fix. I stumbled across an old playoff game. I was only 9, but I remember this game. Not too many details, but I remember Louis Oliver getting burned repeatedly. :lol:

[video=youtube;W1z73SeAdJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1z73SeAdJI[/video]

great find!!! 90 is the first season i have vivid memories from and this is one of my favorite games (that i still dont't have on dvd!) Loved the weather and offense!

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

that was the divisional round not wild card[/QUOTE

correct wild card was Dan catching fire in the 4th to beat the chiefs 17-16.

great find!!! 90 is the first season i have vivid memories from and this is one of my favorite games (that i still dont't have on dvd!) Loved the weather and offense!

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

that was the divisional round not wild card[/QUOTE

correct wild card was Dan catching fire in the 4th to beat the chiefs 17-16.

[video=youtube;NnnqOc6h9WU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnnqOc6h9WU[/video]

Is that the Bills game where our D looked like they had never seen a screen pass before? If so, I can't bear to watch again.

Back
Top Bottom