1990 Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills: Wild Card Round | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1990 Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills: Wild Card Round

Louis Oliver was painfully exposed and isolated in coverage against Andre Reed and James Lofton. He was a good safety, but Ronnie Lott he was not. A big defensive back like him couldn't keep his footing in the snow against hall of fame wideouts.

Painful memories. I remember losing a monday nighter to the raiders that year at home, 13 to 10. Had we won that game, we would've won the division and gotten a bye. Instead we ended up a wild card and then went on the road to Buffalo. We should've been hosting this game, not getting blown out in the snow. We crushed Buffalo at home that year if I recall.

Painful memories. I remember losing a monday nighter to the raiders that year at home, 13 to 10. Had we won that game, we would've won the division and gotten a bye. Instead we ended up a wild card and then went on the road to Buffalo. We should've been hosting this game, not getting blown out in the snow. We crushed Buffalo at home that year if I recall.

That Raider game was November 19th so it's hard to say it cost you the division. the 2nd Buffalo game cost you the division in reality. either way Buffalo was by far the best team in the AFC that year(and probably the NFL).

Is that the Bills game where our D looked like they had never seen a screen pass before? If so, I can't bear to watch again.

I believe you're thinking about the 1992 Afc championship game in Miami. Brutal loss

Marino was magic in the 90 playoffs. The week prior bringing us back from a 16-3 hole against the Chiefs to win 17-16 on two 4th quarter TD drives. I bet Albert Lewis still can see that ball to Clayton going 97 yards the other way for a TD. How that got through was just unreal. Then the way he played in the Buffalo game here. Our defense was a sack of **** and it didn't help that John Offerdahl couldn't go in the Bills game.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I believe you're thinking about the 1992 Afc championship game in Miami. Brutal loss
thurman Thomas left, Kenneth Davis right. You all know the words - sing it with me. Awful.

That Raider game was November 19th so it's hard to say it cost you the division. the 2nd Buffalo game cost you the division in reality. either way Buffalo was by far the best team in the AFC that year(and probably the NFL).
this is true and it was the best Bills team to make the SB - and really they should have won if the kick was true. Just look at that old footage - smith, Bennett, conlin, Kelly, reed, lofton, Thomas etc. Marino was the main reason we could split w them sometimes in the 90's and give them a tough time.

this is true and it was the best Bills team to make the SB - and really they should have won if the kick was true. Just look at that old footage - smith, Bennett, conlin, Kelly, reed, lofton, Thomas etc. Marino was the main reason we could split w them sometimes in the 90's and give them a tough time.

that team was really, really good. they were better than the Giants but the NYg O did an incredible job limiting the Bills high powered offense by controlling the clock. 2 plays really lost that game for Buffalo outside of the kick(which was a very tough kick on grass by the way): the Bruce Smith sack of Hostetler for the safety, how he didn't strip the ball I will never know. if he does that game is over by halftime. the 2nd was Mark Ingram on 3rd and long breaking about 50 tackles.

the other Bills teams were really good too but Wash '91 and those Dallas teams were incredible teams and Buf didn't have much of a chance.

that team was really, really good. they were better than the Giants but the NYg O did an incredible job limiting the Bills high powered offense by controlling the clock. 2 plays really lost that game for Buffalo outside of the kick(which was a very tough kick on grass by the way): the Bruce Smith sack of Hostetler for the safety, how he didn't strip the ball I will never know. if he does that game is over by halftime. the 2nd was Mark Ingram on 3rd and long breaking about 50 tackles.

the other Bills teams were really good too but Wash '91 and those Dallas teams were incredible teams and Buf didn't have much of a chance.
i didn't remember the Ingram play but I do remember the safety. If I recall, there were 0 turnovers in that game which is odd in and of itself.

i didn't remember the Ingram play but I do remember the safety. If I recall, there were 0 turnovers in that game which is odd in and of itself.

[video=youtube;AYl_gSzmbZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYl_gSzmbZY[/video]

thanks! I must have been up getting a beer because I still don't recognize it but wow!

that set up their last TD, it was HUGE. Of course you guys remember him for a different catch 4 years later:(

That game was my 9th birthday. I cried.

I thought this was finally our chance.. 1992. We were cruising off a 31-0 drubbing of the Bolts into the AFC Championship. At home.. No more snow games in the armpit of NY! And.... we laid an egg. I was broken. I know everyone says FTJ. But for me, and anyone my age (late 30s), F@$# the Bills..always!

I thought this was finally our chance.. 1992. We were cruising off a 31-0 drubbing of the Bolts into the AFC Championship. At home.. No more snow games in the armpit of NY! And.... we laid an egg. I was broken. I know everyone says FTJ. But for me, and anyone my age (late 30s), F@$# the Bills..always!
what made this worse was while we were beating up SD, the Oilers had a 35-3 lead on the bills in the 2nd half. Houston stunk on grass and we would have beaten them at home - fairly easily. When the bills made that epic comeback something happened psychological to them and us that made playing the game somewhat of a formality the next week.

what made this worse was while we were beating up SD, the Oilers had a 35-3 lead on the bills in the 2nd half. Houston stunk on grass and we would have beaten them at home - fairly easily. When the bills made that epic comeback something happened psychological to them and us that made playing the game somewhat of a formality the next week.

That Bills/Oilers game was the Wild Card Round. The Dolphins beat the Bolts in the Divisional Round, the same week the Bills beat (I believe) the Steelers in Pittsburgh, with Frank Reich still starting, no less.

I really did think '92 was our year, especially the way we played against SD.

I can't believe '94 was the last season I ever felt like we had a legit chance to make it to the Super Bowl (F*** Natrone Means!). I was 13 years old in '94. Jesus...

Back
Top Bottom