1st Day of Free Agency Review | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Day of Free Agency Review

Agreed, mine is predictive as well. At 21 there will likely be higher rated players at wr, OT, edge. And at 50 as well. Not a strong crop of corners this year. Plus, we just drafted cam smith who’s practically a rookie in that we really don’t know what we have in him because he got no playing time that was meaningful. They will want more certainty playing across from Ramsey IMHO. It’s possible, but unlikely is my assessment.

If you want to make a friendly wager I’d be down?
Naw... I never bet on these things. One, I don't bet often, and TWO, then I'd have a rooting interest and I'd be tempted to allow that to affect my judgement.

You've seen these guys... they make a broad statement about a player, then they keep screaming about their stance... even after the guy has proven them wrong.

Take a deep breath. Free Agency and the draft aren’t over yet.
because there are so many good FA OL left? because grier is so good at drafting OL? sorry, we have a show to do today, and as of today what has happened with the OL totally sucks. it is so fascinating, the entirety of Finheaven was empahsizing OL help in FA for obvious reasons, all we have done is gotten worse, and now it is like yay yippy just wait.....oh brother

because there are so many good FA OL left? because grier is so good at drafting OL? sorry, we have a show to do today, and as of today what has happened with the OL totally sucks. it is so fascinating, the entirety of Finheaven was empahsizing OL help in FA for obvious reasons, all we have done is gotten worse, and now it is like yay yippy just wait.....oh brother
Connor Williams was a mid tier FA acquisition. Wynn was a vet min. And they were great/good when they were playing. It's like you didn't watch last season. And did every single FA get signed and us not know it? Laken tomlinson is out there, who knows what grier can pull off.

Connor Williams was a mid tier FA acquisition. Wynn was a vet min. And they were great/good when they were playing. It's like you didn't watch last season. And did every single FA get signed and us not know it? Laken tomlinson is out there, who knows what grier can pull off.
uhhh that is what i more or less said in a prior reply that you all ripped. it is possible this is how it could play out, just not probable. sometimes you can hit and hit big on guys like that, but the entire NFL let them fall through the cracks for a reason, so the best guess is they are what the teams who let them go think they are. which is mediocre, which is what their deals suggest they are. again, we will see, but the reasonable expectation is they are less good than the guys we lost

uhhh that is what i more or less said in a prior reply that you all ripped. it is possible this is how it could play out, just not probable. sometimes you can hit and hit big on guys like that, but the entire NFL let them fall through the cracks for a reason, so the best guess is they are what the teams who let them go think they are. which is mediocre, which is what their deals suggest they are. again, we will see, but the reasonable expectation is they are less good than the guys we lost
So just sign the biggest FAs all the time? or just overpay for the people you have despite not being worth the money? The dolphins did this for years. Didn't work. Plenty of people don't work out. Plenty Do. most of our "starter" FAs have been contributors the past few years. This post reads that unless its a top FA you shouldn't sign them. Teams sign decent guys all the time.

Our LBs and TE will absolutely be better than who was there/left. Likely same with CB. We have the more productive DT of the Duo we had. Our Center is a fit scheme wise. They may not be as good, but overpaying for slightly better talent doesn't win games.

Watch Moneyball, I think the way the fins are doing FA would start to click.

We signed a center.

Now we need two guards. The draft isn’t until April, so we can’t draft anyone today, you realize that right? We then need to probably sign one or two guards in free agency. That can still be done.

So just sign the biggest FAs all the time? or just overpay for the people you have despite not being worth the money? The dolphins did this for years. Didn't work. Plenty of people don't work out. Plenty Do. most of our "starter" FAs have been contributors the past few years. This post reads that unless its a top FA you shouldn't sign them. Teams sign decent guys all the time.

Our LBs and TE will absolutely be better than who was there/left. Likely same with CB. We have the more productive DT of the Duo we had. Our Center is a fit scheme wise. They may not be as good, but overpaying for slightly better talent doesn't win games.

Watch Moneyball, I think the way the fins are doing FA would start to click.
The fins were not playing moneyball they were massively over the cap and were hamstrung. I am all for the build through the draft. That is not what we have done. We have traded away draft picks and overpaid for fa's and thusly are in the pickle they are in. Anyway I guess after all that we agree
We signed a center.

Now we need two guards. The draft isn’t until April, so we can’t draft anyone today, you realize that right? We then need to probably sign one or two guards in free agency. That can still be done.
you could say make the same point about the draft for all the other positions they have signed multiple players to play, like linebacker. given the importance of OL for this team, personally I would not be relying on an unproven rookie to fill the hole in the OL. i would personally take that risk at a different position.

Back
Top Bottom