1st Round drafting no QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round drafting no QB

The important thing for us all, the Owner, FO, coaching staff and us lowly fans, is that we are not married to one single outcome. That's going to get us into a lot of trouble if we are. They are sensibly putting it out there right now that Herbert is very much in their thought process and that they've scouted 2021 prospects as well. Despite all that, I firmly believe that if you don't think that Plan A is to take Tua with a reasonable trade up if required, then you've not watched how this whole thing has unfolded closely enough. But really what is equally important is that the FO have a Plan B, that could be Herbert at 5, or taking Simmons/Okouda/Brown there and swinging back for Love at 18 with a small trade up if necessary (which it will be). If that does happen and Tua isn't the pick then I hope the fan base gets behind whoever is the guy, the FO and coaching staff have put their jobs on the line here and should be held accountable if their approach fails.

I agree. the trick is what is "a reasonable trade up." that generates a lot of debate here.

And there IS a plan B and plan C and . . .

Note: exaggeration follows . . . I don't care what FH members think about the draft and/or FA. The important thing in every discussion should be what posters think Flo, staff, and grier think. I don't care if someone wants to draft pure BPA. Miami won't. I don't care if Miami should 'do whatever it takes' to get Tua. Miami won't. I think, deep down, everyone knows that. More important, to me, is to stay in Reality County and debate what Grier/Flo are likely to do. Whether Miami chases A (singular) top tier FA is a legitimate debate. I don't think anyone really thinks Miami will sign 3. Maybe, as FA nears, there should be a thread exclusively on what FH thinks Miami will do.

Back
Top Bottom