1st round LB or QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round LB or QB

phinschamp45

Active Roster
Reaction score
Miami needs to address the run defense this year. That has been a weakness for a while now. Even more now that suh is gone.

My two main choices this year for the phish would be.:

1. Roquan Smith LB

0r

1. Lamar Jackson QB.

IMHO i believe lamar jackson will be a better version of the seahawks russel wilson as lamar learned and got better throwing the football from inside the pocket this year.

These two players will not last too long but wouldnt it be something if lamar jackson fell to us in the second round? By divine miracle? Maybe not.

GO PHINS.

If there’s a qb you love available in the 1st, you take him.

Those who think a first round pick needs to be an instant starter right away just aren’t patient people

I think the packers made the right choice w/ Rodgers

He will not start i agree.........We still have tannehill........But he would be insurance in case tannehill still has issues with the injury.

Depends on the way the board falls, but out of the top QB’s in this draft class that I really like (Josh Rosen, Josh Allen) Miami won’t have a chance of sniffing them.

I do like Lamar Jackson as well, but I don’t see taking him at #11. There’s a possibility he could be there in the second round, but that means we bypass on a TE.

I’m all about Tremaine Edmunds if he’s there, or Roquan Smith. I have them 1A and 1B.

Roquan or Derwin James.. No way u take Lamar Jackson. Did u see his throws at the combine? Dude has 0 accuracy

If we get him i hope we dont throw him into the fire too soon until he learns or it could damage his confidense......Still hoping tannehill can come back from the injury and play this year.

Roquan or Derwin James.. No way u take Lamar Jackson. Did u see his throws at the combine? Dude has 0 accuracy
Actually he had 57% accuracy, lol, I get what your saying thou . He definitely needs to improve his accuracy to be successful in the nfl. Interesting even with accuracy issues his lowest qbr rating for a full year was 127 and had a 143 career rating. I wouldn't take him at 11 personally but think someone grabs him late 1st.

None of the LBs are in the same stratosphere as Luke Keuchley or Pat Willis, so I don’t want either in ththe top15.

Id take Derwin James or Nelson, or even Vea before a LB.

If one of the top QB recruits drops to 11 the trade value that’d be offered to the fins to jump past the bills would be amazing. That’s also a double win so the bills don’t get a top qb. I’d prefer that scenario and load up on good talent at LB, DT, & TE in rounds 1 and 2.

If a trade was available, I would trade back and pickup Rashaan Evans LB from Bama. He can play every LB position.

Miami needs to address the run defense this year. That has been a weakness for a while now. Even more now that suh is gone.

My two main choices this year for the phish would be.:

1. Roquan Smith LB

0r

1. Lamar Jackson QB.

IMHO i believe lamar jackson will be a better version of the seahawks russel wilson as lamar learned and got better throwing the football from inside the pocket this year.

These two players will not last too long but wouldnt it be something if lamar jackson fell to us in the second round? By divine miracle? Maybe not.

GO PHINS.
Lamar Jackson

Back
Top Bottom