1st Round Player Involved in Sexual Assault in Cleveland Two Weeks Ago? PD Coverup? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round Player Involved in Sexual Assault in Cleveland Two Weeks Ago? PD Coverup?

In a chance meeting inside of an elevator, he asks her to participate in a foursome. She says no, but agrees to come up to the room and watch the group sex happen anyways?

Last edited by a moderator:
He sounds like a predator if you choose to believe the person who's alleging the crime. Innocent until proven guilty. For what it's worth, Conley denies it. Yes, I know. He'd likely deny it either way, but when men get into these situations, it can get sticky. Sometimes, the woman gets caught by her boyfriend and alleges rape. Sometimes, there's a racial element to it, especially if she gets pregnant. In that situation, the woman feels compelled to lie to save face. There's a multitude of reasons why the allegations could be untrue.

And of course, sometimes the guy is just a POS savage who deserves the full brunt of justice. As far as the draft though, he'd be off my board simply because I don't see the case resolving itself before the draft starts.

On the surface this looks pretty bad, but it seems it could have been pretty well figured out by this time if everyone cooperated, which
hasn't happened on the accused's end. I'd imagine there's plenty of footage, witnesses, physical evidence etc. Add to it the CPD
has to realize that this is a very bad look to openly protect the name of the accused when it's an OSU star.

He'd be off my board for refusing to cooperate with investigators until after the draft.

edit:

OK so if his buddy was having sex and she came up to the room, it makes it far more plausible. This statement does make it look bad.

C-Rwy2NV0AAV5r1.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
edit:

OK so if his buddy was having sex and she came up to the room, it makes it far more plausible. This statement does make it look pretty bad.

C-Rwy2NV0AAV5r1.jpg:large
Boy. I see a lot of WTF in this one. Call 911 to report a rape. Get rape kit.
Refuse to talk to investigators. Hm. Sounds kind of like she had the "dignity"
Thing ready to whip right out. What did she expect was going big to happen when
She reported a rape? There's going to be an investigation.

Boy. I see a lot of WTF in this one. Call 911 to report a rape. Get rape kit.
Refuse to talk to investigators. Hm. Sounds kind NSA like she had the "dignity"
Thing ready to whip right out. What did she expect was going big to happen when
She reported a rape? There's going to be an investigation.

I think he made a very bad judgement call approaching a young woman in an elevator for group sex at 3 am, but I don't believe he raped anyone. The quote sounds bad, but like you said. She reported a rape. The cats out of the bag, whats she to say, now? "Whoops!"

Wasn't Zeke accused of rape in Ohio, too?

I think he made a very bad judgement call approaching a young woman in an elevator for group sex at 3 am, but I don't believe he raped anyone. The quote sounds bad, but like you said. She reported a rape. The cats out of the bag, whats she to say, now? "Whoops!"

Wasn't Zeke accused of rape in Ohio, too?
There is enough WTF to make me question the stories of both sides in this honesty.
The optics on this are horrible for him and the CPD. If it had come out two weeks
Ago I think the worst would have been over. Instead it hits like a bomb draft week.

Too bad he put himself in a bad position. Very bad judgment.
I used to supervise young soldiers about this sort of thing.
Some learned. Some didn't.

There is enough WTF to make me question the stories of both sides in this honesty.
The optics on this are horrible for him and the CPD. If it had come out two weeks
Ago I think the worst would have been over. Instead it hits like a bomb draft week.

Too bad he put himself in a bad position. Very bad judgment.
I used to supervise young soldiers about this sort of thing.
Some learned. Some didn't.

You're right.

One thing is for sure: his decision making is terrible! Not just the original decision, but then he refuses to cooperate and now?

look at this..

@RapSheet

Source: #OhioSt CB Gareon Conley has decided not to be in Philadelphia for the 2017 NFL Draft.

Who would advise him to do that? Why not come out, make a statement, and face the music if you're innocent... If he is falsely accused, he's the victim (assuming thats the case). IF thats the case, show up to the draft and show teams you're mature about this, ready to take your drop in the draft, and keeping your eye on the prize.

This is going to make him free fall. He looks guilty.

One thing is for sure: his decision making is terrible! Not just the original decision, but then he refuses to cooperate and now.. look at this..

Who would advise him to do that? Why not come out, make a statement, and face the music if you're innocent... If he is falsely accused, he's the victim (assuming thats the case). IF thats the case, show up to the draft and show teams you're mature about this and ready to get past it.

This is going to make him free fall. He looks guilty.
At this point it might be wise for him not to attend. There's only going to be one thing people will bring up.
I think he's going to free fall regardless.

At this point it might be wise for him not to attend. There's only going to be one thing people will bring up.

How far is the only question.

It starts to make a whole lot more sense if you consider that she may be a sex worker and doesn't want to be arrested for it. Hence not giving an interview with the cops until she lawyers up.

I just want to preface these statements with "lets assume he is innocent". Because now I have my doubts.

But I would think it would show character to be present at the draft, be confident, speak to the media, and just see what happens. Just own it and someone will respect that and take a chance. Probably not Day 1, but I think he stands more to gain to own the situation rather than cower away and hide.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

It starts to make a whole lot more sense if you consider that she may be a sex worker and doesn't want to be arrested for it. Hence not giving an interview with the cops until she lawyers up.

bingo. An elevator at 3 am is practically their office.

If she was raped by Conley, there are many, many reasons why she could potentially not want to cooperate with the local pd in regards to their investigation. Don't get me wrong, I get that cops have a job to do but they are certainly not great at, or trained in, treating these cases with the sensitivity they deserve. Robyn Doolittle, an investigative reporter for the Globe & Mail, just did a fantastic series for the paper called "unfounded" about police handling of sexual assault cases here in Canada.

CK's point about the possibility of her being a sex worker would be another possible explanation regarding why she could potentially choose not to cooperate. If she isn't a sex worker, she was probably intoxicated at the time (23-years-old, elevator at 3am) which could explain the poor decision to follow a man you don't know to his hotel room following a decline of his offer for group sex.

While I doubt it'll be a popular opinion with some posters here, the reality is that false rape accusations are statistically very, very low. They do happen, but it is quite rare. We're talking about 2 per cent on the high end here in Canada. As a result, due to the difficulty in prosecuting the cases and the trauma associated with sexual violence, I tend to believe the victims.

Conley doesn't look good. Would not be surprised if he goes undrafted at this point. The female went ahead with a rape kit, which should bring back physical evidence.

Absolutely possible given the circumstances but I find it hard to believe
That she could. It have found legal representation by now.

bingo. An elevator at 3 am is practically their office.

You get it.

I mean come on. Even the police know what that explanation means. "I met him at the elevator." Riiiiiiight.

In this case the testimony of Conley's other "witnesses" may sink him. They're telling stories like people who don't care if they get fact checked wrong, or if their story changes.

Back
Top Bottom