2004, can Miami still compete? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004, can Miami still compete?

You give Norv Turner a decent OL, two competent WRs, a good pocket passer, and a TE he will make a great offense. This is what he did with the Redskins.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Like the other guy said. . .

We are literally 4 plays away from being a 13-3 team or 12-4. .

If Ricky doesn't knock Wade on his *** during the Colts game Brian very well may hit the OPEN reciever in the endzone to very well win the game. If mare makes atleast one of those kicks in against NE we win. Yadda yadda you all know the rest..

Of course we can compete.

we were also 4 plays from being 6-10

have you thought of that. For example. Baltimore and Miami, Jets and Dolphins, etc

Re: Re: 2004, can Miami still compete?

Originally posted by NJPHINFAN

The Miami Dolphins were one Olindo Mare field goal away from making the playoffs. If he makes 1...just 1...of the two that were missed against New England game 1 then we have a completely different story about the 2003 Dolphins.

Once a team makes the playoffs anything can happen. Look at the Carolina Panthers for an example. Did anyone here pick them to get to this point?

we were also one non fiedler pass in the first game that he threw for an int late in the game away as well.

We were also only down 3-0 in NE when Fiedler threw a beautiful pass to brushci (spelling?)

Lots to blame more then Mare, I think Mare redeemed himself in the second half of the season, do I think we should cut him no. But do I think he should restructure YES>

Like I always say

WOULD OF, SHOULD OF, COULD OF, BUT WE DIDN'T.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2004, can Miami still compete?

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Couldnt agree with you more on Mare...he hasn't earned his paycheck.
i think mare deserves a cut, and i think he knows it!:(

Can Miami compete for what? A playoff spot? Of course. Beyond just making the playoffs I have serious doubts though. Coaching really comes into play once the playoffs start, and we've seen some really bonehead coaching decisions this postseason. Wannstedt hasn't shown much in his previous playoff experiences as a coach. Until he does, I wouldn't say Miami could compete for a SB.

Originally posted by relive1972
Can Miami compete for what? A playoff spot? Of course. Beyond just making the playoffs I have serious doubts though. Coaching really comes into play once the playoffs start, and we've seen some really bonehead coaching decisions this postseason. Wannstedt hasn't shown much in his previous playoff experiences as a coach. Until he does, I wouldn't say Miami could compete for a SB.
as a die hard fan, what ever the situation, i believe miami can win it all! i've thought that for 37 years!;)

Good Point...

1. Fiedler's awful INT which cost us the Texans' game
2. Mare's two missed kicks against the Patsies
3. Griese's fumble at the Colt 15, after Buckley set us up for the win.

That makes us 13-3, plain and simple

PLEASE LET US GET THREE HOME GAMES NEXT SEASON!!!!!

Maybe we'll get the Cards, Browns and Steelers.....just some wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Hey CirclingWagons...didn't the Bills lose 20 STRAIGHT to Miami from 1970 to 1979?

Buffalo sucks....

Originally posted by MarksBrothers85
Hey CirclingWagons...didn't the Bills lose 20 STRAIGHT to Miami from 1970 to 1979?

Buffalo sucks....
yes, they did...was I alive then?...no, so I don't really give a ****;)

hmmm....who got the sweep this year?.......bitch!

17-7: So much for the "SUPER BILLS"
20-3: D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E-D

Originally posted by MarksBrothers85
Good Point...

1. Fiedler's awful INT which cost us the Texans' game
2. Mare's two missed kicks against the Patsies
3. Griese's fumble at the Colt 15, after Buckley set us up for the win.

That makes us 13-3, plain and simple

4) Home opener - Defense thought it was practice
5) Philly - Defense....24 MISSED TACKLES!!!
6) Titans - Defense....uhhhh...where were they the first 5 minutes of the game? 2 TD's allowed in the first 2 possessions? Lord knows being forcing into a passing competition is NOT what our offense is about.

I'm thinking 4 & 5 would have put us at 14 - 2......the Titans are the only ones IMO that kicked our tails.... (well...the colts did control the game, but we still should have/could have won)...

IF....the biggest word in the dictionary....

Oh wait a minute...........DAVEY BOY SUCKS AND NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!! HE LOST ALL OF THE ABOVE GAMES AND IS AN IDIOT WHO'S PLAYCALLING AND LEADERSHIP SUCK!! :lol: .....ummm hmmm...... (.....sarcasm.....)

Back
Top Bottom