2005 USC vs 2001 Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 USC vs 2001 Miami

AirFishOne said:
Not tryin to stir up any bad blood, but what do u beelive would of happened if the 2000 Miami Hurricanes didnt get screwed in the BCS and played us (Oklahoma) in the Orange Bowl, Would of been another classic battle between the Sooners and Hurricanes, even though yall beat us more then we have :D

we would have won back to back titles. :lol:

Dubfire said:
we would have won back to back titles. :lol:

plz explain ur opinion.

We beat the number 19 (Texas) number 2 team (Kansas St.) and the number 1 team (Nebraska) two of those games were away if u count the annual Cotton Bowl meeting. In a 3 week span, not to mention other ranked teams I beleive. EDIT: wow has the Big XII stumbled over the years :D

In the Orange Bowl, we held the Top Offense in the nation (I think they averaged 500 yds a game) to ZERO, zip, nada, points and only 150 yds of total offense.

Our defesne was just too good, and just becuase Miami had like future first round draft picks, we still would of won. When does it matter that ur team has future NFL players, it only matters what they do in college if we are talking about College right?

AirFishOne said:
Not tryin to stir up any bad blood, but what do u beelive would of happened if the 2000 Miami Hurricanes didnt get screwed in the BCS and played us (Oklahoma) in the Orange Bowl, Would of been another classic battle between the Sooners and Hurricanes, even though yall beat us more then we have :D

It would have been a really close game

You may have won because we were a really young team at the time

Alex22 said:
It would have been a really close game

You may have won because we were a really young team at the time

ah ur a Canes fan, lol that Vince Young avatar confused me ;)

AirFishOne said:
plz explain ur opinion.

We beat the number 19 (Texas) number 2 team (Kansas St.) and the number 1 team (Nebraska) two of those games were away if u count the annual Cotton Bowl meeting. In a 3 week span, not to mention other ranked teams I beleive. EDIT: wow has the Big XII stumbled over the years :D

In the Orange Bowl, we held the Top Offense in the nation (I think they averaged 500 yds a game) to ZERO, zip, nada, points and only 150 yds of total offense.

Our defesne was just too good, and just becuase Miami had like future first round draft picks, we still would of won. When does it matter that ur team has future NFL players, it only matters what they do in college if we are talking about College right?

you were saving that response hoping you'd be able to use it..

we would have won and thats that..end of story..im right and you're wrong.. :lol:

kastofsna120 said:
the 2001 canes had some close games. even the rose bowl turned out to be somewhat close late in the game when coker sat on the ball and allowed momentum to shift towards nebraska. earlier, the BC game, the vatech game, and the FSU and pitt games all felt like they were letting it slip away. no doubt that this USC team is a much better 2nd half team than '01 miami was

Close games?

USC has been in a few close games as well

38-28
34-31
50-42

Miami 01

We only had 2 games that were even remotly close

18-7
26-24

Those were the only games the team even looked human

Ok and here is every big name on that team

Ed Reed, Sean taylor, Clinton Portis, Willis Mcgahee, Frank Gore, Antrell Rolle, Andre Johnson, Mike Rumph, Ken Dorsey, DJ Williams, Kelly Jennings,Phillip Buchanon, Jarret Payton, Jonathan Vilma, Vernon carey, Kellen Winslow, Roscoe Parrish, Vince Wilfork, Jerome Mcdougle, Andre Williams, jeremy shockey

All current NFL players, or players still in the program who who will be drafted next year.

That team could win NFL games with those names

Alex22 said:
Close games?

USC has been in a few close games as well

38-28
34-31
50-42

Miami 01

We only had 2 games that were even remotly close

18-7
26-24

Those were the only games the team even looked human

Ok and here is every big name on that team

Ed Reed, Sean taylor, Clinton Portis, Willis Mcgahee, Frank Gore, Antrell Rolle, Andre Johnson, Mike Rumph, Ken Dorsey, DJ Williams, Kelly Jennings,Phillip Buchanon, Jarret Payton, Jonathan Vilma, Vernon carey, Kellen Winslow, Roscoe Parrish, Vince Wilfork, Jerome Mcdougle, Andre Williams, jeremy shockey

All current NFL players, or players still in the program who who will be drafted next year.

That team could win NFL games with those names
1: i said the games played close near in the 2nd half. the score won't dictate. the team was too good to lose games with such a huge lead, but coker almost cost them some games. that's how the ohio state game panned out the following year
2: no college team could beat any NFL team

Dubfire said:
you were saving that response hoping you'd be able to use it..

we would have won and thats that..end of story..im right and you're wrong.. :lol:

I was saving that respsonce???

ok explain ur loss to Washington?

Edit: I dont know if ur being sarcastic or not, so srry im not tryin to be a dic* :D

AirFishOne said:
I was saving that respsonce???

ok explain ur loss to Washington?

Edit: I dont know if ur being sarcastic or not, so srry im not tryin to be a dic* :D

that would be Dorsey's first away game and he almost came back to win that game, another minute or two and Miami wins that game, though IMO getting gyped in 2000 helped us win in 01, the Canes were insanely good and were seriously pissed, which certainly didn't hurt the 01 season, they were on a mission

Miami would dominate this game hands down..and whenever i saw them preview this Mark May said Bush would run wild or something like that..i just laughed at him

Word play:
Vince young..... one dimentional - replies on his feet too much and won't make it in the NFL ( ie. Randall Cunningham, Micheal Vick - he has numbers, but he'll get hurt bad like Randall and won't play the same ever again. ) Unless he does what McNabb did and stop running so much and let the team do the work he'll suck.

Leihart will be like the QB before him at USC, Carson Palmer. He is going to get in the NFL, play hard and do good things. He may not be great, but he will be better then Vick, Young, Berlin, ( i hate to say it ) Dorsey, and countless others. He won't be a Manning or a Brady ( neither will Young ), but he will be good.

These morons on ESPN were running all of these fantasy matchups with 2005 USC against all the other great teams from years past. I wasn't aware USC this season had been coronated the best team of all time. Aside from the fact that I still don't believe they beat Notre Dame and that while they were a good team they had some hype rather than substance, I thought it a bit premature to be pitting 2005 USC against all these other teams before they won the championship.

And look what happened. Did they forget to match them up with 2005 Texas?

2001 Hurricanes
1st Round: Phillip Buchanon, Vernon Carey, Andre Johnson, William Joseph, Jerome McDougle, Willis McGahee, Bryant McKinnie, Ed Reed, Antrel Rolle, Mike Rumph, Jeremy Shockey, Sean Taylor, Jon Vilma, Vince Wilfork, DJ Williams, Kellen Winslow, Clinton Portis(2nd round pick but current NFL star)

2000 Hurricanes
1st Round: Dan Morgan, Damione Lewis, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Phillip Buchanon, Vernon Carey, Andre Johnson, William Joseph, Jerome McDougle, Willis McGahee, Bryant McKinnie, Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, Jeremy Shockey, Jon Vilma, DJ Williams, Clinton Portis(2nd round pick but current NFL star)

2001 had 16, 2000 had 17. USC wishes they could match that.....

Back
Top Bottom