2005 USC vs 2001 Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 USC vs 2001 Miami

I don't think it would be much of a game my guess is 38-14. Leinart and Bush each get a TD but thats it!

AirFishOne said:
Not tryin to stir up any bad blood, but what do u beelive would of happened if the 2000 Miami Hurricanes didnt get screwed in the BCS and played us (Oklahoma) in the Orange Bowl, Would of been another classic battle between the Sooners and Hurricanes, even though yall beat us more then we have :D

and properly so...:goof:

cnc66 said:
and properly so...:goof:

You guys killed the Wishbone, Johnson was smart enough to get his defense ready and quick ebough to stop it. You killed the Wishbone agaisnt Oklahoma, and you erased it from the play books agaisnt Nebraska. For that I hate ur pitful school :tongue:

AirFishOne said:
You guys killed the Wishbone, Johnson was smart enough to get his defense ready and quick ebough to stop it. You killed the Wishbone agaisnt Oklahoma, and you erased it from the play books agaisnt Nebraska. For that I hate ur pitful school :tongue:

fair enough:cool:

AirFishOne said:

Miami had far superior talent to Oklahoma in '85 thru '87 when those games were played. The formations were essentially irrelevant. I know that's not the conventional wisdom but it's the truth. The analysis was incompetent and basically wiped out the wishbone from existence, which is beyond ridiculous. The option would dominate many college football games today if more schools used it, as Navy proves every year. It's incredibly difficult to defense unless you have terrific personnel. Plus as a sports bettor it stinks because those option teams were gold against the pointspread, especially late in the season when the timing was perfected. Many of my friends would just round robin parlay the 8-10 option teams every week late in the season and laugh to the collection window. It's not that simple anymore.

Awsi Dooger said:
Miami had far superior talent to Oklahoma in '85 thru '87 when those games were played. The formations were essentially irrelevant. I know that's not the conventional wisdom but it's the truth. The analysis was incompetent and basically wiped out the wishbone from existence, which is beyond ridiculous. The option would dominate many college football games today if more schools used it, as Navy proves every year. It's incredibly difficult to defense unless you have terrific personnel. Plus as a sports bettor it stinks because those option teams were gold against the pointspread, especially late in the season when the timing was perfected. Many of my friends would just round robin parlay the 8-10 option teams every week late in the season and laugh to the collection window. It's not that simple anymore.

very true, I heard Switzer say during the Nebraska game this year that his and Tom Osbourne's play books would still be sucsessfull in todays league.

But I feel change was needed, as much as I love wathing old film of the wishbone, Im happy that we can duel threat now.

Ive seen old film of the games back then and to be honest you guys were just FASTER. OU would usually just beat teams out of pure speed, but then Miami came along and ruined it :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom