2006 HR Derby | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 HR Derby

Rocky Raccoon said:
David Wright is the man!

NOOOO, Ryan Howard of my Phillies is da man!!!! Just like Bobby Abreu last year!!!!!

PhilliesJPG-1.jpg

Ray Finkle said:
David Wright is the man. I wish he was on my favorite team.
plenty of room on the mets bandwago brotha :wink:

Roman529 said:
NOOOO, Ryan Howard of my Phillies is da man!!!! Just like Bobby Abreu last year!!!!!

http://www.tagsandflags.com/Phillies.JPG
Except Howard wont have his OPS drop 200 pts like abreu did after the HR derby last to the end of last season. Hasnt improved much this season. Maybe the Phillies are cursed :)

Howard is a beast though. I love having him on my fantasy teams

Ray Finkle said:
Leave it to David Ortiz to get the crowd going. There's no way you can hate this guy (unless you're a Yankee fan).
Im not a fan. I love Manny though. IMO, there shouldnt be a doubt that hes the best righty hitter of his era, though Pujols can catch him, and a sure fire hofer.

Boik14 said:
plenty of room on the mets bandwago brotha :wink:

Nah man, I met both Wright and Reyes back when they were in the minors and ever since I have been fans of theirs. I'm on the Wright/Reyes bandwagon but I can't leave my Sox for any team.

Ray Finkle said:
Nah man, I met both Wright and Reyes back when they were in the minors and ever since I have been fans of theirs. I'm on the Wright/Reyes bandwagon but I can't leave my Sox for any team.
hah thats cool. Ive been reading about them both since the mets signed them when reyes was 16 and wright 18. I hope the mets can keep em both for the next 15 years cause it'll be nice seeing D wright be the mets 1st homegrown postion player in the HOF one day.

Boik14 said:
Im not a fan. I love Manny though. IMO, there shouldnt be a doubt that hes the best righty hitter of his era, though Pujols can catch him, and a sure fire hofer.

Really? I think Ortiz is great for the game. He's a great guy, always smiling, never gotten into trouble and hits the crap out of the ball.

You can't go wrong with either Manny or Pujols, but I think I'd take Pujols right now, eventhough Manny has been doing it longer.

Boik14 said:
hah thats cool. Ive been reading about them both since the mets signed them when reyes was 16 and wright 18. I hope the mets can keep em both for the next 15 years cause it'll be nice seeing D wright be the mets 1st homegrown postion player in the HOF one day.

I'm sure the Mets are working on the contracts right now. And if they're not they should.

Ray Finkle said:
Really? I think Ortiz is great for the game. He's a great guy, always smiling, never gotten into trouble and hits the crap out of the ball.

You can't go wrong with either Manny or Pujols, but I think I'd take Pujols right now, eventhough Manny has been doing it longer.
Papi is great for the game, i just dont think he'd be as ood without manny or fenway. He wasnt good in minny so i give him credit for making the best of a good situation but idk just something about him i dont like.

As far as manny, id take manny on the basis of his whole career. I mean has he ever played on a losing team? Every year hes a lock for 30-110-310 and thats over a long period of time. And in a big spot the only other player id rather have is D wright and theres some definite homerism involved there :)

Boik14 said:
theyre good at losing also:D

Hope the Mets don't get too cozy with their 12 game lead...the season is only halfway over. :wink:

Ray Finkle said:
I'm sure the Mets are working on the contracts right now. And if they're not they should.
they arent working on their extensions til at least this offseason. The mets usually make their young guys earn their paycheck cause they know they will have to pay later.

My guess is wrights next contract lands in jeter territory especially if the mets win a ws either this year or next. Reyes will probably not get the contract until he becomes arbitration eligible after next season because hes a little injury prone, and also because at that point glavine comes off the books. Im guessing Reyes will land in the range of 5-6 years and 12-13m per (around tejada territory)

Back
Top Bottom