2006 miami dolphins are the most disappointing team ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 miami dolphins are the most disappointing team ever

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
302
before this year started most analysts were predicting the dolphins to be superbowl contenders. Now it just another season of not making the playoffs. I know some of you guys will say "wait till next season". I for one am tired of that phrase. I want to see this team win. The Miami dolphins are known for being winners. We need to learn to be winners again.
 

cHaNgE

Starter
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
Denver, CO
not really, i cant remember one that wasnt disappointing since marino left, since then they have all built the fans up, to bring them down
 

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
29,987
Reaction score
937
Location
New Jersey
finsgonewild said:
do you guys agree?
They have been disappointing this season after playoffs and possible home superbowl contender...But I wouldnt say they are THE most disappointing team ever
 

Dolfan_Noles

1st Round Pick
Joined
Jan 15, 2006
Messages
404
Reaction score
0
Location
O-Town
With the exception of the 4-12 season, they've all been winning seasons, though. At 5-7, I doubt that we'll finish with a winning season given our schedule. So, I would say this is the most disappointing.
 

Sean

Just Win, Baby
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
4,394
Reaction score
977
Age
30
2004was the most disapointing


A.J. Feely :club: :eek:
 

AmazonJack

AmazonPhin
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Sherman Oaks
This title was written by a true bandwagon fan. If you had any recollection of the Dolphins you would honestly say that Coach Shula's last season was the most disappointing ever. We were picked by many people to be Super Bowl contenders, not just to finally overtake the Pats as AFC East champs. No legit person thought we were winning the Super Bowl, they just thought we might win the East. Appreciate history, before you make a statement as stupid as that.

I will retract my statement though if you are less than eight years old.
 

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
302
Dolfan_Noles said:
With the exception of the 4-12 season, they've all been winning seasons, though. At 5-7, I doubt that we'll finish with a winning season given our schedule. So, I would say this is the most disappointing.

exactly I cant remember the last time we were considered super bowl contenders and will struggle to reach above 500
 

cheekychap

Music Professor
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Location
Jacksonville, FL
AmazonJack said:
This title was written by a true bandwagon fan. If you had any recollection of the Dolphins you would honestly say that Coach Shula's last season was the most disappointing ever. We were picked by many people to be Super Bowl contenders, not just to finally overtake the Pats as AFC East champs. No legit person thought we were winning the Super Bowl, they just thought we might win the East. Appreciate history, before you make a statement as stupid as that.

I will retract my statement though if you are less than eight years old.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I have been more disappointed with Shula's last season, the season we lost to Buffalo at home in the AFC Champ game, 1986 when New England went to the Super Bowl and we didn't, 2004 with Feeley, Marino's last season...

This one has sucked but not the most disappointing to me...
 

SmokyFin

Starter
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
1,577
1993 when we started 9-2, even without Dan, and then lost five straight to miss the playoffs entirely. That was a SB team if Dan didn't tear his achilles and half the defense didn't get hurt later on in the year. But there hasn't been a non-disappointing season in decades.
 

das8929

Starter
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
5
Age
33
I knew these threads would come back after the one month hiatus
 

das8929

Starter
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
5
Age
33
Hopefully now that we finish 7-9 or so(hopefully) we won't have such high expectations for next year
 

joenhre

Starter
Club Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
6,495
Reaction score
3,941
Location
Home
Well for me the 1995,1999,1993,2002,2003 teams were probably more disappointing.Also the 1994 and 1992 seasons could have ended alot better.
 

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
29,987
Reaction score
937
Location
New Jersey
SmokyFin said:
1993 when we started 9-2, even without Dan, and then lost five straight to miss the playoffs entirely. That was a SB team if Dan didn't tear his achilles and half the defense didn't get hurt later on in the year. But there hasn't been a non-disappointing season in decades.
Ya... Steve Deberg
 
Top Bottom