2006 NFL Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 NFL Draft

Phinsfan1980 said:
Are you kidding me do you know what whitehurst did the season before when he had better recievers with Derrick Hamilton and Kevin Youngblood with Airese Currie in the slot? :eek: . He can be very good. I put DJ Shockley down because if he has a monster year now that Greene is gone he could shoot up the draft boards for next year.
Ive seen Whitehurst play live twice and on tv more than enough to know that he blows mooseschl0ng.

I think youre talking about the same charlie whitehurst who most clemson fans loathe and whos not even the best qb on his own team. :fire:

Phinsfan1980 said:
I doubt that they will all get drafted in the first 20. One or two are bound to have either a bad senior bowl or combine which will drop them. I would be amazed if 6 tackles go in the first 20 picks.

you're right. it's highly possible that a couple will struggle next season. however, based on their talent and the lack of very good LTs in the NFL it's possible they'll all go in round 1.

No my point was that it's impossible that they all are gone by then so we'll still get a very good LT prospect.

In all likeliness only 3 or 4 will be gone by 20.

My hope is that we get Winston. Miami fans should know how good he is.

The only season I've ever wanted to throw is last season, because I wanted Wanny to get fired. Saban isn't going to throw a season. I'd rather play good and not need any of those players.

byroan said:
The only season I've ever wanted to throw is last season, because I wanted Wanny to get fired. Saban isn't going to throw a season. I'd rather play good and not need any of those players.
I agree.... congrats on 4000 post bro.

I would never threw a season and saban has us headed the right way. And yes U sound to me like a bad dolfan if i call you self a dolfan.

Boik14 said:
Ive seen Whitehurst play live twice and on tv more than enough to know that he blows mooseschl0ng.

I think youre talking about the same charlie whitehurst who most clemson fans loathe and whos not even the best qb on his own team. :fire:
Ok than who is a better qb on clemsons squad? Will Proctor? converted to WR Chansi Stuckey? I haven't meet a Clemson fan who loathes Whitehurst so I wouldn't go around saying "most". I can't say the same for Bowden though :lol: . Whether you like it or not most draft sites still have Whitehurst in the top 10 in QB prospects for next year. :rolleyes:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/future/06.html
And before you say it here is a link. NFLdraftcountdown has him rated #2 for next year. But im sure you know way more than scouts do... :shakeno:

Phinsfan1980 said:
Ok than who is a better qb on clemsons squad? Will Proctor? converted to WR Chansi Stuckey? I haven't meet a Clemson fan who loathes Whitehurst so I wouldn't go around saying "most". I can't say the same for Bowden though :lol: . Whether you like it or not most draft sites still have Whitehurst in the top 10 in QB prospects for next year. :rolleyes:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/future/06.html
And before you say it here is a link. NFLdraftcountdown has him rated #2 for next year. But im sure you know way more than scouts do... :shakeno:
Proctor certainly was but they never gave him a chance. I went to school in south carolina; i guess maybe I know more clemson fans than you? Either way I didnt meet a single 1 that liked him of the clemson fans I knew. Hell he got booed in his own stadium quite a number of times.

Ooooh look, no charlie whitehurst in rd 1:
http://www.gbnreport.com/2006projection.html

Know why? cause he stinks. Hes got a poor TD/int ratio, poor completion %'s and a mediocore arm. Must be the air near you or your in love with garbage qbs.

Boik14 said:
Proctor certainly was but they never gave him a chance. I went to school in south carolina; i guess maybe I know more clemson fans than you? Either way I didnt meet a single 1 that liked him of the clemson fans I knew. Hell he got booed in his own stadium quite a number of times.

Ooooh look, no charlie whitehurst in rd 1:
http://www.gbnreport.com/2006projection.html

Know why? cause he stinks. Hes got a poor TD/int ratio, poor completion %'s and a mediocore arm. Must be the air near you or your in love with garbage qbs.
I never said he was a lock first round pick. This comes from a site that also has Derek Hagan as the 16th overall pick :eek: ... wow. Plus the first round has only 2 QB and Omar Jacobs will be a junior and may not come out. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

By the way Jaj what do you think of Whitehurst.

Are you kidding me A.J. Hawk the #2 overall pick.... you give me an out of country site and expect me to use it as a real reference?

Clumpy said:
With the first pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select......

:foundout:
Hey its good to see you Clump... What did you think of the Bills draft?

Phinsfan1980 said:
Are you kidding me A.J. Hawk the #2 overall pick.... you give me an out of country site and expect me to use it as a real reference?
Ya cause aj hawk isnt good at all. :eek: :rolleyes:

Phinsfan1980 said:
I never said he was a lock first round pick. This comes from a site that also has Derek Hagan as the 16th overall pick :eek: ... wow. Plus the first round has only 2 QB and Omar Jacobs will be a junior and may not come out. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

By the way Jaj what do you think of Whitehurst.
By the way, here it is again from scout.com. Hes a project at best.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=46&p=2&c=332255

Full Name: Charlie Whitehurst School: Clemson

Ht: 6-3.5 Wt: 215 40: 4.85 Yr: 4Jr

The Good: Athletic quarterback with a good arm and the ability to produce when plays breakdown. Patient in the pocket, reads the defense and finds the open receiver on the field. Relatively accurate between the numbers and places passes in front receivers, letting them run to the ball. Tough, withstands the rush and strong when he pulls the ball down and takes off up the field. Puts touch on throws when necessary or passes to the safe underneath route if nothings available. Can scramble, avoid the rush then make the throw on the move. Sells the play action pass and throws strikes down the middle of the field.

The Bad: Must improve his footwork as he steps out of throws or releases the pass off his back foot. Does not do a good job sensing pressure. Must improve his overall timing, especially throwing the outs.

The Skinny: A good athlete that makes plays with either his arm or legs, Whitehurst has consistently improved his game and is slowly becoming a passer rather than just a thrower. Could be effective in a variety of offensive systems at the next level and though he must iron out the rough edges of his game, Whitehurst offers a lot of potential for the next level if a team is willing to be patient.

Boik14 said:
By the way, here it is again from scout.com. Hes a project at best.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=46&p=2&c=332255

Full Name: Charlie Whitehurst School: Clemson

Ht: 6-3.5 Wt: 215 40: 4.85 Yr: 4Jr

The Good: Athletic quarterback with a good arm and the ability to produce when plays breakdown. Patient in the pocket, reads the defense and finds the open receiver on the field. Relatively accurate between the numbers and places passes in front receivers, letting them run to the ball. Tough, withstands the rush and strong when he pulls the ball down and takes off up the field. Puts touch on throws when necessary or passes to the safe underneath route if nothings available. Can scramble, avoid the rush then make the throw on the move. Sells the play action pass and throws strikes down the middle of the field.

The Bad: Must improve his footwork as he steps out of throws or releases the pass off his back foot. Does not do a good job sensing pressure. Must improve his overall timing, especially throwing the outs.

The Skinny: A good athlete that makes plays with either his arm or legs, Whitehurst has consistently improved his game and is slowly becoming a passer rather than just a thrower. Could be effective in a variety of offensive systems at the next level and though he must iron out the rough edges of his game, Whitehurst offers a lot of potential for the next level if a team is willing to be patient.
Wow I read this a good not bad. Saying this much about him and he still has one more year to learn. Thats saying alot IMO

Back
Top Bottom