-- no line
-- a new coach
-- average (at best) RBs and WRs
-- an ancient front seven on defense
-- a horrible secondary
-- an inability to beat anyone in their division
-- no identity whatsoever

Sounds like playoff time to me!

Coming from a fan who's team was 7-9 and beat us twice.

So B-LO basically I shouldn't fly down Week 2 to see them play Dallas or come in Nov b/c we'll be 2-14 anyway right?

Thanks though, I'll be saving a ton of money by not going to support them since you know for a fact that we'll have a terrible year.

'Preciate it

Everyone wants their team to win at least 12 games, it's not about wanting it's about expecting. I am trying to help, every year you guys predict div titles, Super Bowls, 12+ wins and you haven't even competed for the playoffs in 5 years. At some point you would think you'd learn to tone down the expectations a bit.

I don't care what you do you guys just sound silly predicting so much success EVERY year.

i don't act like my team is better, having watched football for a long time I know we could trade places quickly. You guys could be good again and we could stink. things change quickly in the NFL but I am not prediciting 12-13 wins for the Jets and last year I wasn't picking them to make the playoffs. I keep the expectations realistic.

Some nerve? Chad whenever healthy leads us to the playoffs. The Jets are 9 games over .500 when he starts and 11 uner when he does not since he took over in 2002 while Minny w/ daunte was 4 games uner .500 when he started and 4 over when he did not from '00-'05 and last year you guys were 1-3(.250) when he started and 5-7(.416) when he did not. i don't make this stuff up, they are facts.

Who is talking? and if I wanted to I could b/c we have had success in recent years, we have been to the playoffs 3 times since your last appearance, we have a recent div title, we have owend you guys since '98(14-4) but I didn't bring any of that up. All I wanted was for you guys to tone down the unrealistic expectations but keep getting your hopes up then seeing them dashed- I don't care.

That's the NFL though man. Get your hopes up high and IF you win it all, you're on Cloud 9. If not, just give them the ol' get 'em next year quote.

I don't see anything wrong with anyone predicting greatness for our team b/c all it really is is an opinion. Just a fan of the Dolphins who hopes/wants/envisions success. We've been disappointed year in and year out but we COME back and give it our all every single season.

To be criticized about being positive is what makes this board terrible. Other boards I've been on are the same. I guess it's just what happens when you have a specific team's website that allows fans of all teams to chime in.

We won't ever live in peace the way this sports world is today

A team that has:
-- no QB
-- no line
-- a new coach
-- a horrible secondary

Talk all the smack you want about our O, but you cant touch our D, for one Zach lead the league last year in tackles...its true...look it up, we were ranked 9th in interceptions, 3rd in sacks, and 9th in Defensive TD's......and our special teams didn't allow one TD on them all year. We were also ranked 2nd in TD's fewest TD's allowed......

That's the NFL though man. Get your hopes up high and IF you win it all, you're on Cloud 9. If not, just give them the ol' get 'em next year quote.

I don't see anything wrong with anyone predicting greatness for our team b/c all it really is is an opinion. Just a fan of the Dolphins who hopes/wants/envisions success. We've been disappointed year in and year out but we COME back and give it our all every single season.

To be criticized about being positive is what makes this board terrible. Other boards I've been on are the same. I guess it's just what happens when you have a specific team's website that allows fans of all teams to chime in.

We won't ever live in peace the way this sports world is today

I am always positive, I have no problem w/ fans being positive but it goes a little overboard here(it does on every site but we are talking about this site in particular). I wasn't taking shots at you guys(it happens on every board) I would just like to seee expectations lowered a bit- I am not saying expect 5 wins but to see 10-11 wins as a prediction is a little high. I think Miami could win that many if everything breaks right but I still don't think it's realistic to predict that.

It's way too early to make predictions...I am gonna say 8-8 or 9-7, depending on our QB situation.

EVERY year we see 10,11,12,13,14 wins predicted on this site. You haven't even competed for a playoff spot in 5 years. Take the expectations down a notch please. You would think you guys would learn by now. Could you win 9-10 games? Sure, anything is possible but to predict and expect it is unrealistic. You don't even have a QB yet and your choices look like the horrible Culpepper or the bad Trent Green.

Okay, first of all I said 9 wins. And haven't competed in 5 years huh? How about in 2002 when we were 9-5 and basically gave away the playoffs in the last 2 weeks? I'm pretty sure that's competeing. Or the next year in 2003 when we won 10 games but got shafted out of the strong AFC? Or do you recall the 6 game winning streak in 2005 that left us one game shy of the AFCE title? I would call that competeing man.

:lol: I am sure there are plenty like that for '05, '04, '03, '02,...

nyjunc said:
Again, I think the Dolphins COULD be a playoff contender and the jets COULD suck but I am not predicting a Jets SB every year. You have to have realistic expectations.

Where did I say Super Bowl? I said a playoff birth, not Super Bowl.

A team that has:
-- no QB
-- no line
-- a new coach
-- a horrible secondary

Average running backs at best? Okay, I don't think that's even worth getting into, you just know nothing if that's what you're going to say

An acient front 7 huh? It's still the best in football, I don't care how old they are, they will be as dominant as ever this year.

Say what you want about the secondary but it will suprise you this year. Bell and Hill played really well in the 2nd half last year and Jason Allen is at corner this year.

You have plenty of your own concerns before you Bills fans can start spouting off.

A team that has:
-- no QB
-- no line
-- a new coach
-- a horrible secondary

Same could have been said about the Ravens when they won the SuperBowl, there offense wasn't that great, but they had a strong defense.Just like the Dolphins.:cooldude:

Okay, first of all I said 9 wins. And haven't competed in 5 years huh? How about in 2002 when we were 9-5 and basically gave away the playoffs in the last 2 weeks? I'm pretty sure that's competeing. Or the next year in 2003 when we won 10 games but got shafted out of the strong AFC? Or do you recall the 6 game winning streak in 2005 that left us one game shy of the AFCE title? I would call that competeing man.

:lol: I am sure there are plenty like that for '05, '04, '03, '02,...

Where did I say Super Bowl? I said a playoff birth, not Super Bowl.

it's 2007, 2002 is 5 years ago right? In '03 you weren't alive in week 17. You ended up w/ a good record but were basically eliminated in week 15. '02 is the last time you had a legit chance to make the playoffs in week 17.

Same could have been said about the Ravens when they won the SuperBowl, there offense wasn't that great, but they had a strong defense.Just like the Dolphins.:cooldude:

How dare you predict a potential suprise. Everyone knows that all games are played on paper. The trophy is already in New England, didn't you know that. :chuckle:

Why would you have a fan club? I said fans, as in Jets fans. Damn

You think BleedinGreenNC is level headed? :lol:

Just do me a favor and stick on this site for a while. Once this franchise gets back on it's feet, I can't wait to see where your kind hides

You do know I have been on this site longer than you have right?

You: Join Date: Oct 2004
Me: Join Date: Sep 2004

BZ

How dare you predict a potential suprise. Everyone knows that all games are played on paper. The trophy is already in New England, didn't you know that. :chuckle:

actually it should be how dare you compare the Miami D in any way to the Bal D. That bal D was an all-time great D, the Miami D is nowhere near that. They are GOOD but not great.

actually it should be how dare you compare the Miami D in any way to the Bal D. That bal D was an all-time great D, the Miami D is nowhere near that. They are GOOD but not great.

Come on, give a little more credit then calling them good. They ranked 4th in the NFL last year and I have to think adding Joey Porter, a year of experiance for Jason Allen, and starting experiance for Yerimiah Bell makes us even better. This is one of the top 3 defenses in football.

Back
Top Bottom