2008-2009 Nhl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008-2009 Nhl

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Almost that time of year again. The NHL regular season approaches rapidly. I'm already drooling at the prospect of my Penguins taking on the Senators this Saturday to open things up.

Good luck to everyone's teams, and ...

LET'S DROP THE PUCK!!!

My god it snuck up on me! I was too focused on the Phins offseason. Gonna be wierd not watching it in Canada though.

Well, 2 out of 4 points aren't bad for the opening trip. Although I must say the Sens completely outplayed my Penguins Sunday. (However with the Dolphins performance ... I didn't really care much at the time:chuckle:)

I love this time of year!

It's hard not to like Detroit again this year. They're going into the season as a huge favorite, IMO. In the east I think it's Pittsburgh or the Canadians.

It's nice going into the season when the Sabres actually signed their big name players rather than having to pawn them off at the trade deadline. Playoff baseball, NFL, CFB, NHL all at the same time does make this my favorite time of the year.

I think the NHL has a little momentum after last seasons finals. I'm not a fan of the overseas game. Though MLB did it so I can't fault Bettman.

:woohoo:
... scored a ticket for Sat. night's home opener vs. the Devils.

LETS GO PENS!

GO HAAAAAAAAABS BABY !! got tickets to see them wreck the Islanders on november 1st, @ NY hehehe, we'll be loud N Proud !!!

Simon Gagne stays healthy and the Flyers are the team to beat in the east IMO.

But that's a big issue with him his health.

:woohoo:
... scored a ticket for Sat. night's home opener vs. the Devils.

LETS GO PENS!

Amazing performance by Fleury, but ... only 15 shots on goal? How in the world are 'ya supposed to beat Brodeur with so few shots?

Oh well, on to Tuesday vs. Philly.

I think this every year in Baseball/Hockey/Basketball we look back to the games at the end that are make or break. Though a win in October means the same as win in March. I've read that the Canadians are interested in Gaborik. That team reminds me of the Sabres team that went to the conference finals two years in a row.

I'm a Sabres homer but Andrej Sekera is a star in the making.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3643696

I believe the NHL does a great job with situations like this. The negligence is disturbing though.

Great Pens-Flyers matchup last night. (Pens win 3-2 in OT) :woohoo:

One helluva battle btw. Godard and Cote in the 1st per. - lasted nearly 2 mins. (I'd have to call it a draw - thundering shots on both sides)

Back
Top Bottom