2008-2009 Nhl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008-2009 Nhl

Simon Gagne stays healthy and the Flyers are the team to beat in the east IMO.

But that's a big issue with him his health.

That division is going to be a monster. The SE still is awful. The NE is dependent upon three teams that are consistently inconsistent in Buffalo, Ottawa, Boston. Montreal has a nice foundation though. I still don't like Biron as a starting goalie so I would go with either Montreal or Pittsburgh as the favorites in the East. Though we'll see as the season progresses.

Los Angeles has signed Anze Kopitar to a 7 year deal worth $47.6 mill. That kid is going to be big news with a couple more years of NHL experience. So to that I only have two words...

clear.gif

GO KINGS!!

Los Angeles has signed Anze Kopitar to a 7 year deal worth $47.6 mill. That kid is going to be big news with a couple more years of NHL experience. So to that I only have two words...

clear.gif

GO KINGS!!

I think teams are going to be start signing young players they believe will be stars to long deals like this.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Thomas Vanek kill penalties. It seemed last year he was always trying to live-up to the contract he was given. Now with other guys being rewarded I think it lessens the burden. He's always been streaky but 5 goals in 3 games is the type of start he needs. Plus 2 of them are SH.

Certain players always play well against certian teams. Though I swear that Rosival from the Rangers, Kessel from the Bruins, and Mike Comrie get half of their numbers vs the Sabres.

Oilers or the Flames will be winning the Northwest this year.

Edmonton also brought back their 1980s home jersey this year..very sharp.

Im starting to follow Vancouver Canucks a bit this year, mostly because of Jannik Hansen (Danish citizen). I don't really no a thing about NHL but this season would be my first as a "fan" spectator so I just take one game after another.

I even don't know who it's great and who is bad on this team. :lol::up:
vancouvercanuckslogo-1.gif

Bad choice???:rolleyes:

Im starting to follow Vancouver Canucks a bit this year, mostly because of Jannik Hansen (Danish citizen). I don't really no a thing about NHL but this season would be my first as a "fan" spectator so I just take one game after another.

I even don't know who it's great and who is bad on this team. :lol::up:
vancouvercanuckslogo-1.gif

Bad choice???:rolleyes:

Roberto Luongo is one of the best goalies in the NHL. If not the best.

Sabres 4-0 playing without 3/4 centers. Thomas Vanek is playing out his mind.

anyone who watched the coyotes-habs game tonight must be disgusted by gretzky's team. vicious hit to A.Kostytsyn, and afterwards, no one wants a piece of the LARAQUE !!! but Sauer goes after a "4 inches shorter than him" kostopoulos for a fight.... what a team of cheap shot wussies, i'm disgusted... and to top it all, federuk (or whatever the name is) is looking for a fight at the game's final buzzer... no talent, no respect and they try to show they have guts but they just don't, ****'em

anyone who watched the coyotes-habs game tonight must be disgusted by gretzky's team. vicious hit to A.Kostytsyn, and afterwards, no one wants a piece of the LARAQUE !!! but Sauer goes after a "4 inches shorter than him" kostopoulos for a fight.... what a team of cheap shot wussies, i'm disgusted... and to top it all, federuk (or whatever the name is) is looking for a fight at the game's final buzzer... no talent, no respect and they try to show they have guts but they just don't, ****'em

Get used to that, buddy. I certainly enjoyed it for the last couple years with my Pens. Just his being on the ice calms the opposition down from taking many hard shots in fear of retribution.

Get used to that, buddy. I certainly enjoyed it for the last couple years with my Pens. Just his being on the ice calms the opposition down from taking many hard shots in fear of retribution.

i'm so darn happy he's in town, we lost to the flyers in playoffs only because of the intimidation factor (oh, and luck... so many ugly goals ughhhh )... laraque is the real deal and playing for his/our french nation, a place where Hockey is god :rev: , my guess is he's fired up more than ever ! You could feel it just when they played phoenix... he only found one dancing partner but he wanted to drop the gloves like 4 times in the game ! hahaha !

Sabres haven't lost in regulation. Wild played with their hands around their throat for last 5 minutes last night and blew the game.

Marian Hossa scored a ridiculous goal last night. I was unable to find a video of it on youtube though. If the rumored Gaborik to Montreal deal happens I think that makes them by far the favorites in the East. It's said he's looking for a 10/100 million dollar deal.

It will be interesting to see how well canucks can address the Edmonton Oilers tonight. I do not expect any victory as we are playing really badly for this time, but now the team has had a couple of days free, may be it helps a bit to get back at home again also.

I expect a little setback, but hopes for a narrow victory at 1-0 or so.
I am optimistic about my team.

Roberto Luongo just have to pick ourselves up tonight.

Go Canucks!

Back
Top Bottom