2008-2009 Nhl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008-2009 Nhl

Sean Avery suspended indefinitely for comments...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-stars-averysuspended

Hmmm...

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I hate this idiot ... but, to suspend him for this???

...Reporters were waiting to speak with Avery about disparaging remarks he’d made last month about Flames star Jarome Iginla when Avery walked over to the group and asked if there was a camera present. When told there was, he said, “I’m just going to say one thing.”

“I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada,” he said. “I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my (former girlfriends). I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.” He then walked out of the locker room.

Avery’s ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert of the television show “24” and the movie “Old School,” is dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf; she also had been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens...

Now, I'm going to assume that (former girlfriends) was not the term he used to describe them ... hence the () ... but, I wonder what it was that he said in place of it to deserve a suspension? Anyone know? If so, don't try to circumvent the profanity filter ... just give a clue. :up:

BTW, anyone heard from Uni? Kinda suprising that he hasn't poked his head in ... especially because the Bruins are doing great.

Sean Avery suspended indefinitely for comments...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-stars-averysuspended

Hmmm...

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I hate this idiot ... but, to suspend him for this???

...Reporters were waiting to speak with Avery about disparaging remarks he’d made last month about Flames star Jarome Iginla when Avery walked over to the group and asked if there was a camera present. When told there was, he said, “I’m just going to say one thing.”

“I’m really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada,” he said. “I just want to comment on how it’s become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my (former girlfriends). I don’t know what that’s about, but enjoy the game tonight.” He then walked out of the locker room.

Avery’s ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert of the television show “24” and the movie “Old School,” is dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf; she also had been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens...

Now, I'm going to assume that (former girlfriends) was not the term he used to describe them ... hence the () ... but, I wonder what it was that he said in place of it to deserve a suspension? Anyone know? If so, don't try to circumvent the profanity filter ... just give a clue. :up:

I agree this is dumb to be suspended for

How much of a joke is the NHL all-star game?

I saw the all-star voting leaders the other day, and i think 4 of the 6 starters were Montreal Canadiens. The other two were Crosby and either Malkin or Ovechkin i can't remember. Carey Price is the starting goalie lol, he's probably the worst goalie i've ever seen.

How much of a joke is the NHL all-star game?

I saw the all-star voting leaders the other day, and i think 4 of the 6 starters were Montreal Canadiens. The other two were Crosby and either Malkin or Ovechkin i can't remember. Carey Price is the starting goalie lol, he's probably the worst goalie i've ever seen.

im sorry what ? i know the all star ballot was hacked but now it's fixed

and how can you even possibly think carey price is the worst goalie you've seen ? this guy has won it all in other leagues, he's a winner, but mostly, he's one of the best young technicians in the NHL. Goalies like Tim thomas or hasek suck, they are lucky slobs who throw themselves everywhere anytime. Carey's moves are always calculated and most of the time well executed. I know he's not the best but he's definitely in the top 10 and the best part is he's got 10+ seasons ahead of him.

I'm a habs fan but i'm not biaised one second, i know kovalev has no business in the all star game, komisarek who is a very good player, has been injured so he doesn't earn his spot there. But price and markov fully deserve theirs

im sorry what ? i know the all star ballot was hacked but now it's fixed

and how can you even possibly think carey price is the worst goalie you've seen ? this guy has won it all in other leagues, he's a winner, but mostly, he's one of the best young technicians in the NHL. Goalies like Tim thomas or hasek suck, they are lucky slobs who throw themselves everywhere anytime. Carey's moves are always calculated and most of the time well executed. I know he's not the best but he's definitely in the top 10 and the best part is he's got 10+ seasons ahead of him.

I'm a habs fan but i'm not biaised one second, i know kovalev has no business in the all star game, komisarek who is a very good player, has been injured so he doesn't earn his spot there. But price and markov fully deserve theirs

Carey Price is a career average goalie at best. Obviously not the worst i've ever seen, but he's no all-star.

And i didn't know the balloting was hacked, that would explain why the Canadiens had 4 starters.

Carey Price is a career average goalie at best. Obviously not the worst i've ever seen, but he's no all-star.

And i didn't know the balloting was hacked, that would explain why the Canadiens had 4 starters.

you didn't know ? some dummies in qc found a way to generate multiple votes so they could almost get the whole habs team in the all star game... people are going nuts because we have the game here in mtl, i swear...

nonetheless, carey price will show you what he can do in the playoffs this year, just wait ;)

last year he played too much hockey, after all, he won with hamilton in 2007 playing all the games, went to team canada to win another championship and then he was in mtl goaltending for the best team in the east... no wonder he was out of gaz in the end...

he's dropped some weight and he's more relaxed and ready for the long run, i'm not worried one bit (well... for that part of the team... :rolleyes:)

wow i've never seen such bull**** officiating than the carolina-montreal game... 11 penalties vs. 1 ??? Lapierre must've **** a chicken after that high stick no one called.... it was a rookie ref suposedly and i certainly hope it's a one in a lifetime experience for him... not in a way that he won't ref like **** again, but that he won't ref at all !!! especially not in the playoffs, geeeez...

how bout em FLYERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS............what a team this year!!! i smelll Stanley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carey Price is great in goal but RJ did him in last years playoffs

Flyers will win the cup

Thankfully, Fleury has returned. I like Saburin, but he's simply a backup - nothing more. He gets mentally fatigued if called upon to play more than 3-4 in a row. With Whitney scheduled to return on the 23rd, the Penguins are looking primed for the playoff push in the second half. Now, if we can just get "Sarge" back, our pp should be ready too.

Go Penguins!

Thankfully, Fleury has returned. I like Saburin, but he's simply a backup - nothing more. He gets mentally fatigued if called upon to play more than 3-4 in a row. With Whitney scheduled to return on the 23rd, the Penguins are looking primed for the playoff push in the second half. Now, if we can just get "Sarge" back, our pp should be ready too.

Go Penguins!

Flyer Power baby

Back
Top Bottom