2008 All Star game at Yankee Stadium

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Announced today.

Report: Yanks to host '08 All-Star Game
If awarded, it would be fourth Midsummer Classic in the Bronx

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/...t_id=1779826&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Construction on the new 51,800-seat Yankee Stadium facility is underway, just north of the existing ballpark and is expected to be completed in time for Opening Day 2009. That would mean that next year is the last season to be played at the current site.

Totally makes sense to say goodbye to the "old" and ring in the new the next year.

The pics of it look pretty sweet too. Would be cool to go to the AS Game
:yes:

http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm

stadiumrendering0612-1.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing all of these new ballparks in the next 5 years or so. Hopefully the Red Sox will get a 'new' Fenway sooner than later because they need it.

The METS new park will be in line too to get a game

When does "New" Yankee Stadium open? They'll be locked in as soon as they know when it opens.

Yanks got one in 08. Mets will get one shortly after.

Yanks might not get ANOTHER one (new stadium or not) till middle of next decade.

Yanks got one in 08. Mets will get one shortly after.

Yanks might not get ANOTHER one (new stadium or not) till middle of next decade.
I think that giving the Yankees the All Star game in '08 is a good thing. Help close out the "Old" Yankee Stadium in a classy way. I also think that regardless of when it opens, the "New" Yankee Stadium should get the All Star game the year it opens.

It will be the new crown jewel of baseball and seeing as baseball holds so tightly to history and tradition it would be the right thing to do.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of these new ballparks in the next 5 years or so. Hopefully the Red Sox will get a 'new' Fenway sooner than later because they need it.

NO!!!! I know it's a dump but I hate all these new Stadiums that all look alike. I hate the idea of a New Yankee Stadium(unless they built it on the same grounds) and I hate the idea of a new Fenway, Wrigley, etc...

Back
Top Bottom