2008 All Star game at Yankee Stadium | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 All Star game at Yankee Stadium

Yanks got one in 08. Mets will get one shortly after.

Yanks might not get ANOTHER one (new stadium or not) till middle of next decade.

We went 30 years btw ASG's and you think we'll get one in the mid of next decade?

I think that giving the Yankees the All Star game in '08 is a good thing. Help close out the "Old" Yankee Stadium in a classy way. I also think that regardless of when it opens, the "New" Yankee Stadium should get the All Star game the year it opens.

It will be the new crown jewel of baseball and seeing as baseball holds so tightly to history and tradition it would be the right thing to do.

A classy sendoff will be w/ a WS victory.

yeah because of the NEW stadium they will get one shortly after.

NO!!!! I know it's a dump but I hate all these new Stadiums that all look alike. I hate the idea of a New Yankee Stadium(unless they built it on the same grounds) and I hate the idea of a new Fenway, Wrigley, etc...

Hey I love Fenway, YS and Wrigley. But out of those 3 (which I've been to many many times each) Fenway needs it the most. The seats hurt, no leg room, the seats aren't even facing the pitchers mound/home plate, some seats you can't even see the whole field (depending on where you sit you might not even get to see the batter or pitcher and there's no parking.

Some of the ideas for a new Fenway that have been brought to the City of Boston have been great. They still want to keep the new Fenway the same size, distance etc. Have the Green Monster seats, RF roof seats, etc but the only difference is that there will be more seats (50,000 plus) with more leg room, better sky boxes and with a lot more parking around the park.

I'd be all for a new Fenway, any Red Sox fan who's been to Fenway since Henry took over will admit how much nicer the stadium is. Imagine how awesome a new one would be. Plus it wouldn't look like every other new stadium being built either because it will still have the old school unique feel to it.

Hey I love Fenway, YS and Wrigley. But out of those 3 (which I've been to many many times each) Fenway needs it the most. The seats hurt, no leg room, the seats aren't even facing the pitchers mound/home plate, some seats you can't even see the whole field (depending on where you sit you might not even get to see the batter or pitcher and there's no parking.

Some of the ideas for a new Fenway that have been brought to the City of Boston have been great. They still want to keep the new Fenway the same size, distance etc. Have the Green Monster seats, RF roof seats, etc but the only difference is that there will be more seats (50,000 plus) with more leg room, better sky boxes and with a lot more parking around the park.

I'd be all for a new Fenway, any Red Sox fan who's been to Fenway since Henry took over will admit how much nicer the stadium is. Imagine how awesome a new one would be. Plus it wouldn't look like every other new stadium being built either because it will still have the old school unique feel to it.

I agree, i think a new fenway would be great. I've only been to fenway once and luckily i sat right next to the Right Field pole in the first row, so i didnt have to deal with alot of the negatives of Fenway.

These new stadiums are great. The luxery boxes. The whole experience. The food they provide to fans. Just everything.

It's the year 2007, some of these ballparks are soooooooooo outdated. There is tradition, but at the end of the day with all of the money in MLB, these new stadiums are a win-win for everyone (fans, owners, players...etc)

These new stadiums are great. The luxery boxes. The whole experience. The food they provide to fans. Just everything.

It's the year 2007, some of these ballparks are soooooooooo outdated. There is tradition, but at the end of the day with all of the money in MLB, these new stadiums are a win-win for everyone (fans, owners, players...etc)

I agree. Over the last 15 years the only new ballparks built that I don't like are the Tigers (just doesn't look very nice) and the Rangers (too much stuff in the OF, I feel like someone with major ADD/OCD designed it). The rest of them: O's, Indians, Rockies, Seattle, Philly, Pittsburg, SF, Astros are beautiful parks in my opinion. Braves, Brewers, Cards, Reds, and Padres are ok too just not as nice compared to the others.

Wow, come to think of it in the past 20 years every team but the Red Sox, Yanks, Mets, Marlins, Royals, Blue Jays, Twins, Dodgers and I believe Angels have gotten new parks. And the Dodgers and Angels are the only ones that really don't need a new stadium.

Dodger Stadium is great.

Beautiful location.

I might be biased though:wink:

I agree. Over the last 15 years the only new ballparks built that I don't like are the Tigers (just doesn't look very nice) and the Rangers (too much stuff in the OF, I feel like someone with major ADD/OCD designed it). The rest of them: O's, Indians, Rockies, Seattle, Philly, Pittsburg, SF, Astros are beautiful parks in my opinion. Braves, Brewers, Cards, Reds, and Padres are ok too just not as nice compared to the others.

Wow, come to think of it in the past 20 years every team but the Red Sox, Yanks, Mets, Marlins, Royals, Blue Jays, Twins, Dodgers and I believe Angels have gotten new parks. And the Dodgers and Angels are the only ones that really don't need a new stadium.

Actually, the SkyDome (or Rogers Center, or whatever it's called now) opened around 1991 or thereabouts. The Jays used to play at Exhibition Stadium. And the Royals' and Angels' stadiums both had significant renovations done in the last few years.

I'm sorry, I'm sure it will be a beautiful stadium and all, but the way that whole thing went down absolutely infuriates me. The plan to approve a $410M stadium (more on this shortly) was ramrodded through by a lame-duck city council over massive taxpayer objection. How massive was the objection? That's why they were lame ducks in the first place; they'd been voted out of office because of their support for the stadium project.

The plan was initially a $410M stadium. As you can see from this link, they're now saying it will cost "as much as $611 million". A cost overrun of nearly FIFTY PERCENT! Good God, a Mafia-run construction company in Queens will give you a better deal than that.

On the plus side, no one seems to have figured out how they're going to provide parking for the stadium. But that doesn't matter anyway; they've planned for a measly 1,225 parking spots...in a stadium seating 41,000. Better yet, they're sticking the stadium along the Anacostia River, not far from one of the absolute worst parts of DC, under the wonderful all-encompassing guise of "urban renewal". I'm sure people will be happy to walk several blocks from the subway or the open parking lots that are sure to spring up, taking their lives in their own hands.

So, to recap: super-expensive stadium that most of the locals don't want, situated in a lousy part of town, featuring a crummy team with no discernable plan for success, with few easy ways to get to the game. After the newness wears off, the place is going to look like a Marlins home game in August.

But hey, at least that will take care of the problem of too few parking spots.

Why do the Yankees get a sendoff with there old staduim and Shea does not???

I was wondering the same thing. I thought they should have had the fan fest/homerun derby at Shea and play the game at the Stadium, this way both stadiums are at least recognized. I know Shea is a dump and doesn't have the history that YS does but I was putting it in terms as a send-off for both NY fans to their stadiums, not in terms of which stadium has more history!

I was wondering the same thing. I thought they should have had the fan fest/homerun derby at Shea and play the game at the Stadium, this way both stadiums are at least recognized. I know Shea is a dump and doesn't have the history that YS does but I was putting it in terms as a send-off for both NY fans to their stadiums, not in terms of which stadium has more history!

It would be an interesting idea however why should the Mets get a send off for their stadium when other more historic ballparks never got that chance, like Tigers Stadium for example.

Plus there's no way the Yankees will let that happen and lose money from the gates they'd get for the HR Derby, softball game etc.

Back
Top Bottom