2008 All Star game at Yankee Stadium | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 All Star game at Yankee Stadium

Actually, the SkyDome (or Rogers Center, or whatever it's called now) opened around 1991 or thereabouts. The Jays used to play at Exhibition Stadium. And the Royals' and Angels' stadiums both had significant renovations done in the last few years.

The Skydome/Roger Center was built before the 1990 season was played, but I'm not sure exactly when it was open. But you're right.

Anyway I still think the Royals' park is a ugly besides the waterfalls in the OF. It's very plain looking and nothing really stands out about it. I've seen some minor league parks that are nicer. Plus a new stadium for the Royals might help attendance.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought they should have had the fan fest/homerun derby at Shea and play the game at the Stadium, this way both stadiums are at least recognized. I know Shea is a dump and doesn't have the history that YS does but I was putting it in terms as a send-off for both NY fans to their stadiums, not in terms of which stadium has more history!

As a Mets fan, I appreciate the magnanimity, but even I don't think Shea Stadium needs a sendoff. It's a multipurpose, cookie-cutter park with no aesthetic value. There's some history there, but there's some history everywhere. No, the only sendoff Shea Stadium needs is for the construction crew to make sure everyone's out of the building before they implode it.

The Skydome/Roger Center was built before the 1990 season was played, but I'm not sure exactly when it was open. But you're right.

Anyway I still think the Royals' park is a ugly besides the waterfalls in the OF. It's very plain looking and nothing really stands out about it. I've seen some minor league parks that are nicer. Plus a new stadium for the Royals might help attendance.

I believe Toronto moved into SkyDome in the middle of 1989.

Back
Top Bottom