2008 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Thread

Turns out I'll be in Seattle in early June and the Angels just happen to be in town that day. Got my tickets tonight, right behind home plate, should be fun seeing the Angels in Seattle.

I wonder if the Angels will move Rivera or Willits before the season starts. I like both but there isnt enough room for all these outfielders. I'd like to see Morales get more time too and Rivera is just another bat standing in his way.

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Juan Rivera continued to increase his value to the Angels, and to the teams interested in trading for him.

Rivera singled home the tying and winning runs in the Angels' 6-4 victory over the Texas Rangers today. He is batting .438 this spring.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-angrep10mar10,1,7251780.story

The Angels have a surplus in the outfield -- Juan Rivera and Reggie Willits -- and Rosenthal reports that Willits is now untouchable according to the Angels (two teams have inquired after him recently). The two are blocked by Vladimir Guerrero, Garrett Anderson, Torii Hunter, and Gary Matthews Jr. While it sounds as if they'd prefer to move Rivera (a free agent at season's end), it's hard to imagine that they'd send Willits to the minors (he has options remaining) if they don't find a good match for Rivera (Umpbump Coley suggested the Padres or Mets yesterday). As Coley pointed out, the Angels have numerous banged up pitchers, and there are a number of teams out there who are going to be starting center fielders with inferior skill sets compared to Willits (as Tim pointed out a few days ago).

I dont think Willits should be untouchable.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

I wonder if the Angels will move Rivera or Willits before the season starts. I like both but there isnt enough room for all these outfielders. I'd like to see Morales get more time too and Rivera is just another bat standing in his way.

I had been wondering about that too. I would've thought Rivera would be moved first for a pitcher or maybe a veteran infielder or catcher.

With players like Juan Rivera, Reggie Willits and Robb Quinlan expected to fill reserve spots and others like Kendry Morales and Nathan Haynes likely headed for Class AAA, the Angels have several who could play more prominent roles on other teams.

Reagins described any current talks as "nothing significant," saying he and other general managers mainly "throw names around." However, he hasn't ruled out making a move before opening day, less than three weeks away.

"There could be a change. And I say could," Reagins said. "Is it likely? I think the 25 guys are in that room. But I guess there's a possibility that it could change."

I dont really want to lose Morales, I think he has a lot of power potential. I cant see how the Angels can resign Rivera, unless they let GA leave after the season and sign Rivera to DH? so he seems like the one to move.

An Oh-Oh with the Rotation

There is a rotation problem, now. Besides the problem with Escobar, who will probably miss all of April, Lackey has a tricep problem and will miss at least six weeks of the season.:shakeno:
It looks fortunate now that the OC for Garland trade was made now.:up:

There is a rotation problem, now. Besides the problem with Escobar, who will probably miss all of April, Lackey has a tricep problem and will miss at least six weeks of the season.:shakeno:
It looks fortunate now that the OC for Garland trade was made now.:up:

Suddenly, trading an OF for a quality starting pitcher is looking a little better...

The kid is all right

Nick Adenhart boosted his chances of replacing the injured John Lackey, giving up three hits, striking out six and walking two in six scoreless innings against San Francisco.

Adenhart, a 21-year-old right-hander who is competing with Dustin Moseley for the final rotation spot, has a 2.89 ERA in five spring games, with 13 strikeouts and three walks in 18 2/3 innings.

Scioscia said the decision would be made at "the 11th hour -- this thing could go to the last day of spring training."

Looks like we might get to see Adhenart sooner than expected.

For bad news it looks like Shields is still a mess, and we'll be without our 2 best pitchers until mid-May.

Atleast the SS battle is looking good.

With the season opener 10 days away, neither Erick Aybar nor Maicer Izturis has emerged as a clear-cut favorite for the shortstop job, and the Angels couldn't be happier.

Both have looked so sharp this spring that all those questions about how the Angels would replace Gold Glove award-winning veteran Orlando Cabrera, who was traded for pitcher Jon Garland in November, have been replaced by a new one:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-angrep22mar22,1,759121.story

Hopefully the Mariners dont get off to a fast start. If they bury us early it could be hard to come back.

Im worried about the M's jumping out to a big lead early because of our injuries. Im also hoping Santana figured out how to pitch on the road this year. Also did any of you guys here about a locker room fight yesterday between Oliver and Spiere? My friend told me about it but I havent seen anything so I dont know if its true. He said Gary Mathews broke up the dispute.:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom