2008 Mets Thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 Mets Thread

I have to agree with you Roman. When was the last time any team won 100 games? I think it was Rob Neyer that said the only team that has a shot at 100 wins are the Mets, which I agreed with at the time, but I think it'll be very hard for any team to do and I don't trust the Mets to stay healthy enough to win 100.

Say what you will but this team has an axe to grind. They lost the division last year but it wasnt taken from them. Its not like someone else got red hot down the stretch. They just stunk it up. Theyre playing this spring like theyre ready. I expect the division to be over by July.

Philly i dont think has any pitching. Cole Hamels has never had a healthy season and the 177 innings he had last year was the most he ever threw. If he goes down for any stretch Philly is dead. After he and Myers theres nothing there.

Atlanta I think could be a sleeping giant IF Chipper stays healthy and plays like last year, the back end of the rotation (James, Glavine, and Carlyle) pitches reasonably well, Francouer/escobar/johnson all improve on last year, and Hudson remembers how well he pitched in Oakland and how to execute that well.

The Mets aren't going to win a 100 games

the Phillies have no chance of winning 100 games.

I think both teams will be around the 90-94 win mark. This of course is with injury allowances. Both the Phillies and Mets have talent that could win probably 100 games, but i personally cant see either team staying healthy enough, especially with the pitching rotation, to win 100.

We'll see what happens though.

A little bit off subject so I will apologize in advance. I got back from a trip from Port St Lucie a few weeks ago to see Spring Training. I took my 7 yr old son and my brother took his 9 yr old son. I have not been to Spring Training in over 20 years when the Mets first moved from St Pete.
Anyone who loves baseball...has children who love baseball has to make the sacrifice and make this trip. Does not have to be the Mets..could be any team. It was just an amazing time. Nothing like bonding with your son who is just mesmerized by Big Leaguers. I got the tickets to the games a few weeks in advance...pretty cheap. The flight from NY was not bad and the hotel was 5 minutes from the park..We landed and went straight to the park...the hotel would have to wait. We saw a game on Saturday against the Marlins and Sunday against the Astros.
The minute you walk into the stadium its just such a relaxed atomosphere. Everyone is smiling and everyone is friendly. WE got to the park at 11am for a 1pm game and watched batting practice. My son was not in the park five minutes when one of the Marlins catchers tossed him a ball!. I have been going to games since I was a kid and I never got a ball. You just had to see his face...he was so excited. He was glowing. We sat and watched the game and he was just talking a mile a minute about everyone on the field. Nothing makes a Dad prouder than seeing his boy so into sports..lol.
The next day we saw the Astros and J.R.House a player for Houston just went over to my son and signed his ball. Little things like that mean so much to a little boy. We sat and watched the game and just basked in the sun and the serenity of watching a simple game played for a few thousand and everyone was just so relaxed and happy
As the game ended, we sat alone in the stands and just took in our last looks of the field and of a sunny spring day...and all was perfect...all was good in the world. My son and my nephew said as we were leaving the park,"This was the greatest vacation ever!". Little did they know that it was mine and my brothers also.:hi5:

A little bit off subject so I will apologize in advance. I got back from a trip from Port St Lucie a few weeks ago to see Spring Training. I took my 7 yr old son and my brother took his 9 yr old son. I have not been to Spring Training in over 20 years when the Mets first moved from St Pete.
Anyone who loves baseball...has children who love baseball has to make the sacrifice and make this trip. Does not have to be the Mets..could be any team. It was just an amazing time. Nothing like bonding with your son who is just mesmerized by Big Leaguers. I got the tickets to the games a few weeks in advance...pretty cheap. The flight from NY was not bad and the hotel was 5 minutes from the park..We landed and went straight to the park...the hotel would have to wait. We saw a game on Saturday against the Marlins and Sunday against the Astros.
The minute you walk into the stadium its just such a relaxed atomosphere. Everyone is smiling and everyone is friendly. WE got to the park at 11am for a 1pm game and watched batting practice. My son was not in the park five minutes when one of the Marlins catchers tossed him a ball!. I have been going to games since I was a kid and I never got a ball. You just had to see his face...he was so excited. He was glowing. We sat and watched the game and he was just talking a mile a minute about everyone on the field. Nothing makes a Dad prouder than seeing his boy so into sports..lol.
The next day we saw the Astros and J.R.House a player for Houston just went over to my son and signed his ball. Little things like that mean so much to a little boy. We sat and watched the game and just basked in the sun and the serenity of watching a simple game played for a few thousand and everyone was just so relaxed and happy
As the game ended, we sat alone in the stands and just took in our last looks of the field and of a sunny spring day...and all was perfect...all was good in the world. My son and my nephew said as we were leaving the park,"This was the greatest vacation ever!". Little did they know that it was mine and my brothers also.:hi5:

Sounds like you had a great experience. That's what makes baseball fun. You go to the park and you enjoy the whole atmosphere, the smell of the hot dogs and barbecues, drinking some beers and enjoying the sun. Most players will also take the time to sign some autographs although you always seem to have a few guys who are "too busy." I live less than half a mile from where the Rockies' AAA team plays (Colorado Springs Sky Sox) and it is just as nice an atmosphere as Coor's Field. :beer1:

awesome story bro...going to a game on tues vs atl in port st lucie so should be fun :)

the season is finally here! johan looked good, mets win. its finally here.

Pagan can hold it down till the old man comes back.

We are okay...

We need an arm out of the pen.

God I hate this guy Wise already... I really hate him...

Pedro got hurt tonight, said he heard a pop, hoping it isn't too serious. He is flying back to ny tomorrow for MRI's, but he was limping considerably leaving the stadium....

Back
Top Bottom