2008 Mets Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 Mets Thread

Guys...you gotta see Lenny Dykstra's interview in Real Sports with Bryant Gumble.

You wouldn't believe this..but he is a financial markets guru now and he is reeeeeeeeeaallly rich. Rich enough to own his own jet.

You gotta see this. I especially loved how he explained his fight with Rick Dempsey at home plate.

He said that he took a "strike"..and looked back at eh umpire and said: "I want you to look up at that scoreboard....there is a reason that I am hitting .400 right now." "That reason is that I know what a ******* strike is."

Dempsey said something..tried a sucker punch..and they went at it.

NAILLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
I miss Nails, and his hot wife :bugeye:

Yep, and he was more a Philly guy than a Met's guy. :)
He played more years with Philly but he won his only rings as a met and came up through the mets organization. So :tongue:

Oh and I really hope J Roll gets whats coming to him.... a nice Wagner fastball to the ribs. You go to the playoffs for 3 games, get ripped up by the rockies and act like you were one out away from the WS? This should be taped in the mets locker room along with everything else this little punk has to say.

“That wasn’t a one-year thing. It’s still gonna ring true in 2008, and every year I’m with the Phillies. We’re going to win; it’s gonna come down to who wants it more, and we want to win more than the Mets do. Truthfully, I don’t worry about anybody in our division, or anybody in our league for that matter. I’m not worried about getting into the playoffs, because that part is accomplished. We’re a playoff team now. Our next goal is to win the World Series.”

John Maine is a beast in the making. Good thing we have started preliminary contract talks. I think theyre going to try and wrap him up like they did reyes and wright. you take away the 6 real bad outings he had last year and he would have had a sub 3 era. That comes with consistancy and experience. This kid is going to be a solid #2 capable pitcher for a long time.
Today: 5 IP 3 H 6K's

Another Fernando article. One can only be giddy that this kid is only 19, played well in AA before a wrist injury killed his season. Now hes hitting 294 in spring training, which granted its only spring training but its still against a lot of pitchers he'd see at this level: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...8/03/13/villa.martinez/index.html?eref=si_mlb

good fernando article... i cannot wait for him.

in the mean time, do any of you guys think we should look for another corner outfielder? maybe a jason bay? i know he had a crappy 2007 and spring so far, but in 05 and 06 he was a 280/300 hitter w/ 30 hrs/100 rbis

i dont know, something just worries me about the lack of a big bat minus wright/beltran. are delgado's 30/100 years done? what do you think?

OK here are my predictions, unless there are a lot of injuries:

NL East

Philadelphia Phillies 92-70
New York Mets 90-72
Atlanta Braves 83-79
Washington Nats 78-84
Florida Marlins 72-90

What are your predictions?......don't be shy....we can sticky this or come back to it in September and see who was right.

NL West

LA Dodgers 89-73
Colorado Rocks 87-75
AZ D-Backs 86-76
San Diego Pads 84-78
San Fran Giants 69-93

NL Central - Who cares?

OK, I'll say the Cubbies.....1908 anniversary so this could be their year??

NL East

New York Mets 90-72
Atlanta Braves 83-79
Washington Nats 78-84
Florida Marlins 72-90

What are your predictions?......don't be shy....we can sticky this or come back to it in September and see who was right.

NL West

LA Dodgers 89-73
Colorado Rocks 87-75
AZ D-Backs 86-76
San Diego Pads 84-78
San Fran Giants 69-93

NL Central - Who cares?

Have you been watching the Mets starting staff??? Its early but man they have looked awesome.

Have you been watching the Phills staff?

Have you been watching the Mets starting staff??? Its early but man they have looked awesome.

Have you been watching the Phills staff?

Yeah the Phil's pitching has kind of sucked so far and they haven't had the best Spring Training, but it is kind of like preseason football games....you cannot put too much into it. We need Kris Benson or some kind of a 5th starter. I think Hamels, Myers and Moyer will be ok....the rest is up in the air. The Mets pitching has looked good but it is a long season. I think Pedro Martinez will be the key for you guys. He is the question mark. I can't wait for the first Mets-Phils series in April. :woot:

Hey Boik, J-Roll was right,,,,we are the team to beat. :D

NL East

New York Mets 90-72
Atlanta Braves 83-79
Washington Nats 78-84
Florida Marlins 72-90

NL West

LA Dodgers 89-73
Colorado Rocks 87-75
AZ D-Backs 86-76
San Diego Pads 84-78
San Fran Giants 69-93

NL Central - Who cares?

no way in hell the marlins only have one more win than they did last year...too much talent and our pitching and defense cant be THAT bad as they were last year...i think the marlins finish with 76-82 wins

Well the Marlins did lose their best hitter so they'll need someone to step it up on offense and although Willis was far from good last year he took the ball and gave the Marlins innings last year so someone needs to step it up. Bottom line is yes the Marlins are talented but they have no ace or even a solid 2 pitcher or someone to replace Miggy with the stick. I'd be surprised if this years team is better than last year.

Well the Marlins did lose their best hitter so they'll need someone to step it up on offense and although Willis was far from good last year he took the ball and gave the Marlins innings last year so someone needs to step it up. Bottom line is yes the Marlins are talented but they have no ace or even a solid 2 pitcher or someone to replace Miggy with the stick. I'd be surprised if this years team is better than last year.
i think with the continued progression of hermida and willingham, along with hanley being hanley and uggla knockin extra base hits all over the place...our offense really wont miss a beat IMO...

to me, this marlins season comes down to how well we play defense(we lead the league in errors by far last year) and how well our pitchers manage to stay A. healthy and B. throwing strikes...as i believe we lead the league in starting pitchers games lost to injury and walks...

i can really see the marlins making a push at 2nd or 3rd in the division and before someone laughs me out of the thread...remember in 06 how scarred we made everyone with a team that was even younger and probably less talented...and before someone says oh well they had joe girardi MOY that year...he was terrible...it was all about the talent beinfest and hill assembled and they have a boat load more...anyways good luck muts fans!

Back
Top Bottom