2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

way to keep bosh boxed out from getting rebounds

Well, they finally got their head out of their *** tonight. Let's see how long they can keep it from going back in.

Hey guys, great win last night I agree, and I read somewhere that Beasley stated that he was playing angry because he hasnt played up to his potential as of yet so that's good news..

Ira Winderman of the Sun-Sentinel believes that the Heat are floating the idea around of trading Jermaine O'Neal and our Trade Exception to the Rockets for Luis Scola & Tracy McGrady. How would that work out?? Interesting at the least.

51102043-1.jpg

Beasley, shot 11 of 19 for 28 points, matching his career high, with 11 rebounds. That was more than enough to counter the 28 points and two rebounds by Bosh, who shot 9 of 13.

"I think it speaks to his spirit," Spoelstra said. "He just needs to build on this and find consistency."

Beasley had shot 9 of 30 in the previous two games.

"I took an attitude into this game and I've still got an attitude," he said. "I think it's been long enough that I've been playing average."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-heat-raptors-20091215,0,2928496.story

Spoelstra:

The position of starting point guard in the National Basketball Association is a position where you have to lead by example, details, the intangibles. And all of those things have to be beyond reproach for the rest of your teammates to see. Mario has a lot of positives as a young player. I think one of the biggest steps for him moving forward is the need to understand how different the position of starting point guard is in this league, and there are different expectations, and you are held a lot of times to a higher standard than the other players. Being on time is a perfect example.

Sounds like a good excuse to bench a player that hasn't been playing up to par. Its good to see Beasley playing up to his potential but at the same time the other two key components in this youth movement are faltering. This team becomes a lot less appealing to Wade and other free agents if the only serviceable player on the roster is Beasley.

Well, they finally got their head out of their *** tonight. Let's see how long they can keep it from going back in.

They seem to get their head out of their *** every couple games, then proceed to stick it right back in. Most inconsistent team in the league.

Already have wins over Orlando, Denver, Portland. Should have beat the Lakers, should have beat the Suns.

But yet they are just 12-11. How do you stick it to all those top teams and are one one game above .500. This team is just lazy and they take games off. That's on the coaching staff.

Riley criticizes Wade:

``He's not there right now,'' Riley said. ``So I get out of my president's chair and into my coaching chair -- I know he'll probably say I'm nitpicking. His efficiency is down. We'll address what it is we can do to help you maintain that lean, mean scoring machine you were a year ago.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/1385516.html

Its not like Riley is wrong, but if I were Wade I'd come right back and say that you're the one that's screwed up every draft since you lucked out and landed me. He might be trying a little harder if he was playing next to Nelson, David Lee, Dudley, and Lopez. The last two picks I can understand, but Nelson and Lee were the obvious choices at the time.

But yet they are just 12-11. How do you stick it to all those top teams and are one one game above .500. This team is just lazy and they take games off. That's on the coaching staff.

What can the coaching staff do? The team recognizes they aren't going anywhere and most of these guys are going to be on different teams next year. Aside from the next contract and their pride what else are these guys playing for?

Aside from the next contract and their pride what else are these guys playing for?

A championship. Like every other team. There's a hand full of other teams that don't shut it down every other game because the odds say they can't win a title with the talent there.

What does a player have to play for after they get a new contract? It's their job to play hard as long as their getting paid.

Miami has already beaten enough good teams to where you can say they can at least compete with anybody when they bring their A game.

Back
Top Bottom