2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

Took you this long to notice? This is clearly him eating **** and thinking about next year. He's not gonna be the Wade of the past until his contract is signed.

Nope, was just being hopeful. Now i'm genuinely pissed off.

He must be thinking about a contract elsewhere if that's the case because an extension was already on the table for him and had been most of the offseason.

How much of a disappointment is Cook?

Q: With all the fickle fans wondering why Riley doesn't do this or that, does it ever frustrate you to answer questions that seem so obvious, to where this team is this year? My comment is that all the talk about Beasley and Chalmers is overdone. My opinion is that if Daequan Cook was playing at the same pace this season as he did at the beginning of last season, we would have a few more wins. He has been by far the biggest disappointment this year. Your thoughts? -- Paul.

A: I agree about Daequan, and I do sense that the Heat is running low on patience, as evidenced by Tuesday's lack of action in Portland. But I can also appreciate the questions about Beasley and Chalmers. Fans want them to be productive, because they understand how important the two are to the team's future.

Q: If winning matters so much, why isn't Arison inclined to take a hit on the luxury tax? Tinsley, Iverson and many others could have enhanced the Heat by at least five to 10 wins this year. What gives? -- George.

A: I think your estimate of extra wins might be overstated. But as much as the dollar-for-dollar luxury tax, the concern was eating into the time of Mario Chalmers and Daequan Cook. The Heat recognizes it will need low-cost supporting players once it spends its cap space next summer, which is why it so wants to make it work with Chalmers and Cook.

Q: So let's say the Heat keeps Wade and signs Bosh (best case), now what? Chalmers at point guard? Anthony at center? Jones at small forward? Do you really think that team will get past the second round of the playoffs? -- Walter.

A: What will happen is veterans who find little remaining cap space elsewhere will say, "Well, there are worse options than signing there for a little less." It also is why the Heat so wants to make it work with Chalmers and Cook, to at least have them available as low-cost depth.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...iHeatweblog+(Miami+Heat+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

He's getting a max contract whether he has a crappy year or not. The thing is not to get injured and jeopardize next season when he has better help. It's painfully obvious this is what he's doing with his lack of driving to the basket and constant Antoine Walkerism.

I don't know whats up with Wade so far.....maybe hes coasting, or as Ira speculated he might not have come into the season in the shape hes been in the past. But I watched that Celtic game and for the first 45 min he looked like the best player in the league.

Who is this guy?

clear.gif

Wow :lol:
I don't watch a lot of basketball and don't really have a team, but I felt bad for the Heat after that.

"What a heart-breaking lost!!!" :aww: I was thinking about a what if... If D Wade would have made both free throws... After Kobe's three point shot...The game would have gone into overtime...

Talk about a gut wrenching loss

27-42 FT shooting guys, can you feel it? 15 points surrendered at the charity stripe. Maybe this loss will inspire this team to hire some F'ing free throw shooting coaches. What a disgrace. Totally outplayed the Lakers and lose.

Shouldn't have even come to that lucky *** bank shot 3.

Talk about a gut wrenching loss

27-42 FT shooting guys, can you feel it? 15 points surrendered at the charity stripe. Maybe this loss will inspire this team to hire some F'ing free throw shooting coaches. What a disgrace. Totally outplayed the Lakers and lose.

Shouldn't have even come to that lucky *** bank shot 3.
thats the worse loss, the one where you beat yourself.

And it wasnt even just Kobe's crazy 3. Fisher hit a insane one over a defender on the possession before. the gods were against the Heat tonight

Well I'm avoiding ESPN for the next year. All they're going to be talking about is that bull**** shot. ><

Wade couldn't hit anything from outside 10 ft until the end of the game. The positive thing to take away from it is that the Heat can hang with the best team in the league when everyone is healthy.

On a side note....Bynum is soft. Its scary to think how good the Lakers could be if Bynum finally wakes up and plays like the uber athletic 7' 290 lb guy he is. You'd think he'd be embarrassed that when he and Gasol are on the floor the Heat put Beasley on him.

That loss can only be described as heart breaking. Sure, the Heat missed all those free throws that screwed them, but they did put themselves in a position to win at the end, had perfect defense on Kobe and the rest of the offense at the end, they just made the miracle shot. Gotta give the Lakers credit.

And I think its amazing in its own right that we are over .500 with the way Wade has played this year. We should be New Jersey Nets bad right now, hell we could've been on a 9 game losing streak earlier this year if Wade doesn't hit a miracle three, Udonis doesn't hit a bank shot fade away jumper, and Beasley doesn't have the awareness to dunk in a Wade airball. We could be WAY worse, so be grateful for the state we are in right now.

Back
Top Bottom