2014 NBA Finals discussion | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 NBA Finals discussion

The finals is back to a 2-2-1-1-1 format this year. Game 6 is in Miami. Would hate for them to have to go back to SA for a deciding game....but its not out of the realm of possibility ;)

I forgot about that but they did get homecourt back w/ last night's win.

Homecourt advantage means nothing for these two teams obviously. Either team can win in the others building. I won't be surprised to see a couple more road victories.

I've always had a problem with "home-court advantage". The Spurs had it to start and then lost it. They now have it back after taking it from Miami. Doesn't sound too advantageous to me.

how many times has a game 7 been won by the road team in the Finals?

Anyone that thinks the Heat are the better team is crazy. Last season they were equal. The home court advantage allowed Miami to SQUEAK out a championship (even though I give credit to the Spurs game 6 meltdown). This year the Spurs are obviously much better than last season, while Miami is obviously not as good as last year. Spurs in 6.

Thank goodness you did not go double or nothing on last nights beat down :)

Which ever team can win two in a row will take it. Still think the Heat will find a way to win :brewskis:

I've always had a problem with "home-court advantage". The Spurs had it to start and then lost it. They now have it back after taking it from Miami. Doesn't sound too advantageous to me.

Yes, it's a big advantage when you compare the W/L numbers in comparison to home and road games. San Antonio was 3-5 on the road throughout these playoffs, and was 8-0 at home until Miami beat them. Miami has similar numbers to that as well, home field is a big deal.

We can't beat the Spurs this season.

To be honest, I didn't think we'd get past Indiana this season. That team melted down and here we are.

Spurs are better this year than they were last year and the Heat have regressed. I just can't see it happening for us this season.

We can't beat the Spurs this season.

To be honest, I didn't think we'd get past Indiana this season. That team melted down and here we are.

Spurs are better this year than they were last year and the Heat have regressed. I just can't see it happening for us this season.

This may sound like the mentality of a sore loser, but their game 1 victory was a fluke with the best player on the court sidelined during a tied up crunch time game. Then they break a record for FG % in a 1st NBA Finals half...both of their wins were an anomaly. Those two reasons of victory are very unlikely to repeat itself in this series, or ever again.

Yes, it's a big advantage when you compare the W/L numbers in comparison to home and road games. San Antonio was 3-5 on the road throughout these playoffs, and was 8-0 at home until Miami beat them. Miami has similar numbers to that as well, home field is a big deal.

All I mean is how is it an advantage if it keeps being lost?

This may sound like the mentality of a sore loser, but their game 1 victory was a fluke with the best player on the court sidelined during a tied up crunch time game. Then they break a record for FG % in a 1st NBA Finals half...both of their wins were an anomaly. Those two reasons of victory are very unlikely to repeat itself in this series, or ever again.

Disagree. James going out in Game 1 was his own problem. They were down 2 when he finally exited. The team still could've pulled out the win. Game 2 was a 2-pt win for Miami. James played a great game yet the victory was by a small margin. Game 3 the Spurs were only up 21 at halftime. As the lead was cut to 7 per the usual way the NBA goes, the game was very winnable for Miami.

Is it an anomaly that Danny Green broke the 3 pt record last year? Is it an anomaly that Duncan is one double-double away from breaking Magic Johnson's all-time record in postseason play? Is it an anomaly that the Spurs have the best winning percentage of any team in MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL since Duncan was drafted?

No times 3. They're a model franchise that people seem to want to make excuses for. They still have a good chance of losing the series. I'm not confident at this point. Miami has too many former all-stars that can play for the series to be over at this point.

Disagree. James going out in Game 1 was his own problem. They were down 2 when he finally exited. The team still could've pulled out the win. Game 2 was a 2-pt win for Miami. James played a great game yet the victory was by a small margin. Game 3 the Spurs were only up 21 at halftime. As the lead was cut to 7 per the usual way the NBA goes, the game was very winnable for Miami.

Is it an anomaly that Danny Green broke the 3 pt record last year? Is it an anomaly that Duncan is one double-double away from breaking Magic Johnson's all-time record in postseason play? Is it an anomaly that the Spurs have the best winning percentage of any team in MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL since Duncan was drafted?

No times 3. They're a model franchise that people seem to want to make excuses for. They still have a good chance of losing the series. I'm not confident at this point. Miami has too many former all-stars that can play for the series to be over at this point.

You are comparing career long stats to individual game stats...completely off base. LeBron going out was his fault? Okay, don't see how that should be a part of the argument but whenever a team's best player goes down...the opponents chances of winning obviously sky rockets....especially when that player is the best in the business and an all time great. Duncan's career long record stats have nothing to do with 2 games that are far from the norm. I congratulate the Spurs for their efforts, but it is an anomaly...which by definition is something that does not happen often. That is exactly what that was.

You are comparing career long stats to individual game stats...completely off base. LeBron going out was his fault? Okay, don't see how that should be a part of the argument but whenever a team's best player goes down...the opponents chances of winning obviously sky rockets....especially when that player is the best in the business and an all time great. Duncan's career long record stats have nothing to do with 2 games that are far from the norm. I congratulate the Spurs for their efforts, but it is an anomaly...which by definition is something that does not happen often. That is exactly what that was.

Last night Coach Pop pulled Parker and Duncan late and let the bench play crucial minutes.
Also, the Spurs have sbown in 2games in 2 qtrs, the offensive lethality they can bring.
Keep doubting them, as the Heat did going into last nights game...I rather ennoy watching the locals leave early. Its what they are best at in Miami.

Thank goodness you did not go double or nothing on last nights beat down :)

Which ever team can win two in a row will take it. Still think the Heat will find a way to win :brewskis:

I'm somewhat of a counter puncher when it comes to sizable bets. Many were tugging on Superman's cape after game 1 cramp issues. Had to believe he was going to have a Super game, and I was getting 5 points on top. Nothing much for game #3.

Game #4 is different. Normally a tea getting blown out and embarrassed in front of it's home crowd comes back with a vengeance. Miami is favored by 4 1/2 and for me is worth a $100 play, maybe more by game time but, not a Big bet.

Back
Top Bottom