2014 NBA Finals discussion | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 NBA Finals discussion

Is it a surprise pop is out coaching spo? Hes the best coachin the league I like spo but hes no pop

He's not Pop, nobody is and if the Heat do lose these Finals I'm sure we'll hear rumblings that Spo is not a good coach. **** gets old by some of the local fans. Spo makes good adjustments . . . but it's clear the Heat as an entire unit is not as good of a team as the Spurs as an entire unit. The X Factor is the star power the Heat has . . . we'll see if it will be enough.

The Spurs are a deadly, deadly team when they have that pick and roll going and they are unconscious with their outside shooting. It makes it pretty damn difficult to defend, however the Heat at their best can get it done. They'll play desperate tonight, defense will be on another level and they'll get this all tied up at 2 when it's over.

I still have Miami in 6.

I think spo needs to stop playing james jones and go back to shane battier. Jones didnt even make the couple shots he got. If jones isnt hitting his shot he has no value certainly not as a defender

I think spo needs to stop playing james jones and go back to shane battier. Jones didnt even make the couple shots he got. If jones isnt hitting his shot he has no value certainly not as a defender

This is true, when Jones isn't making his shot, he is a definite liability on the floor. This is where missing Mike Miller really shows up as Mike Miller was a guy who could create his own shot, rebound and play some defense . . . all while being arguably an even better shooter than james Jones.

Big problem here is, Spo needed a guy out there he could trust to make an outside shot. Usually he can count on Rio to run the point and knock down shots, but Rio clearly has lost confidence in himself and his shot. Battier is a good defender but he's also a guy who if in a slump can just be a depressing guy to watch on the floor.

Right now the Heat have 7 guys they can count on: James, Wade, Bosh, Lewis, Cole, Allen and Bird. Spurs have 10 guys who are having an impact on the game. Miami needs Rio to counter balance some of that or it will take a godly performance from the defense/Big 3 to win this series.

Battier/Jones are guys who you throw in for a minute to see if they have a spark, but this is an 8 man rotation and Miami is comfortable with that, they just need all 8 parts to play well.

I'm sure glad they got Rashard Lewis going or this team would of been in trouble in the Pacers series.

I'm not denying that they are a great team at all, just like Miami is (and has the potential to be even better than San Antonio has throughout the last 15 years). Miami has a reputation of being a very good defensive team, you won't see San Antonio replicating that success again. It was an anomaly against Miami, even Coach Pop said that in his post game press conference, that it will never happen again. 19 of 21 shooting in a 1st quarter? Hardly the norm, which is why nothing had preceded it, and is now a Finals record. I'm just hoping Miami can push this series to a Game 7, San Antonio is a very tough opponent. Good luck to both squads.

As I said though it isn't about the shooting percentage. Even with that awesome first quarter, they did only have 71 points at the half. As I pointed out above, the Spurs had halftimes in the playoffs this year of 60 pts or more six times. It isn't an anomaly if they average 64 points at halftime in the 6 games I mentioned above.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Fair point but, those other teams are no where near close to what Miami can bring on D. For whatever reason, it was not there last night, and I had to sit on my hands in watching it in person. For me, it was the wost game I have ever been to, and there have been many. It reminded me of the Dolphins- Bills game, when nothing was going right in a critical game. On to Game #4.

Alright. That still doesn't negate my point that the Spurs are equipped to score so many points in a half.

As I said though it isn't about the shooting percentage. Even with that awesome first quarter, they did only have 71 points at the half. As I pointed out above, the Spurs had halftimes in the playoffs this year of 60 pts or more six times. It isn't an anomaly if they average 64 points at halftime in the 6 games I mentioned above.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Alright. That still doesn't negate my point that the Spurs are equipped to score so many points in a half.

Not at all, Spurs have the best O in the NBA. They put on a clinic on ball movement but, the Heat did not bring the D they are known for.

Anyone see that Riley is getting ready to take a shot at Melo? No big surprise for me. I give him a 50/50 chance.

... Can't wait to see what Game 4 brings ...

GO SPURS GO!
Hopefully more energy out of the heat and adjustments by spo. Play battier and bench chalmers quicker if he doesn't bounce back

Hmmm ...

Q: What's drunk, has two thumbs, & is feeling EXTREMELY smug right now?

A: :lol:

Just wondering when the home fans will start leaving to beat the traffic tonight.

GO SPURS GO!

There's nothing we can do.

And there's nothing you can do in Miami to "beat the traffic."

You're sitting in traffic regardless.

Seasons over....this is ridiculous. One thing is to lose giving it all you got but they look below average basketball team.

Poor effort. Poor offense. Lebron looks like he has no energy. Wade missing easy shots. I wouldn't write them off yet though

Back
Top Bottom