2014 NBA Finals discussion | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 NBA Finals discussion

Miami is the oldest team in the NBA, and playing 3 games in 5 days did them no favors. The Big 3's pretty much offset each other but, the Heat got no help from anyone else, while The Spurs other guys like Leonard, etc. really stepped up. The Spurs are the better team but, I do expect a class act effort on Sunday. Don't know if that will be enough for a win.

Speaking of class acts, Heat fans booing showed none and was disturbing, to say the least.

I'm so tired of the "bought" bs mentality that people bring. ALOT of team do that, look at Pierce and Garnett whining how Lebron went to the Heat. What did they do? Refresh me? And that's just one example

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Miami was in control of game 1 before the um....ac incident....but these last 2 games have been terrible. I smell a scripted historic comeback

Who cares if you don't like the bought moniker. And what the **** does NJ have to do with the Heat?

Gotta love the black helicopter fans.

Funny the team with a 38 yr old post player won. While a 29 yr old penthouse player and his fan boys continue to whine about such things. Ray Allen finished as did every other starter but LeBron.

Last edited by a moderator:
To say Miami "doesn't want it" is beyond moronic. They're just in a huge slump right now.

The only moronic thing going on here are you Heat fanboys.

You guys are only rivaled by the NE Pats fans.

as crazy as it sounds I don't think this series is over yet, if Miami can find a way in game 5 I think we could see a long series.

Melo is exactly what they do not need. I mean I rather them put Michael Beasley through an intense offseason and have him ready for cheap. Sure he's not Melo, but his offensive game at times can be dominant and has the same defensive lapses as Melo. At 1/15th of the cost, thats a better option.

Crazy as it sounds, they need a guy like Lance Stephenson (I'm not saying him, but a guy with his game . . . one who can drive the ball, create his own shot, hit a consistent jumper, rebound and play timely defense and most importantly is young). The Heat have way to many 1 way players, while the Spurs are loaded with 2 way players.

I know the Heat wanted to squeeze another title with this group but they just don't look like they have enough to compete with a Spurs team that is playing some really damn good basketball. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and not write them off, but they better come prepared to play on Sunday or it'll be over early.

Would be funny if Stephenson signed with Miami. He'd probably make the HOF just because....

the spurs are not making the Heat miss their shots. Not trying to take anything away from the spurs. they are playing awesome, but the last two games shouldn't have been blowouts.

Still sounds to me like everything is being taken away from the Spurs. It's fine too because it makes no difference to me. Whether you, Stephen A. Smith, or whomever thinks the Heat are losing this on their own, I say more power to you. A title is a title and though it hasn't been won yet, it's all I care about as a Spurs fan.

Well the team that was built for this moment lost to the team that was bought a year ago. It's inexcusable to lose like this to a team that you beat last year.

So the if the Heat and Spurs played 99 times after last year in the Finals, Miami wins all 99 because they won the first time? Weird logic. Remember Miami won b/c Ray Allen saved them. 50% of the time that shot doesn't fall. He and they earned it 100% but let's not act like San Antonio doesn't compare to the Heat.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

as crazy as it sounds I don't think this series is over yet, if Miami can find a way in game 5 I think we could see a long series.

Agreed. If Miami wins Game 5 I expect them to win Game 6. Game 7? Who knows.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Miami was in control of game 1 before the um....ac incident....but these last 2 games have been terrible. I smell a scripted historic comeback

In control huh? Must've been since when James checked out for good they trailed by 2.

Still sounds to me like everything is being taken away from the Spurs. It's fine too because it makes no difference to me. Whether you, Stephen A. Smith, or whomever thinks the Heat are losing this on their own, I say more power to you. A title is a title and though it hasn't been won yet, it's all I care about as a Spurs fan.

For me, no one is taking anything away from the Spurs, including Heat players. They have been Great. There is a whole lotta respect going on in this series.

For me, no one is taking anything away from the Spurs, including Heat players. They have been Great. There is a whole lotta respect going on in this series.

Not you. Others in this thread. Statements such as the Heat just don't want it (why the hell wouldn't they) and that the Spurs aren't making them miss shots/it's just them slumping.

I'm all for talk like that. I guess it makes one feel a little better when blame is deflected.

So the if the Heat and Spurs played 99 times after last year in the Finals, Miami wins all 99 because they won the first time? Weird logic. Remember Miami won b/c Ray Allen saved them. 50% of the time that shot doesn't fall. He and they earned it 100% but let's not act like San Antonio doesn't compare to the Heat.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Agreed. If Miami wins Game 5 I expect them to win Game 6. Game 7? Who knows.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

In control huh? Must've been since when James checked out for good they trailed by 2.

Guess what? The shot fell and the Spurs lost. Great players make great plays in those situations.

That's what I'm hoping for. It's literally now or never, either way...I see all three guys resigning with Miami regardless of the outcome. If they lose, maybe they come back with more of a vengeance next season. Every game left in this series is a Game 7 for Miami.

The Heat need to play big in the next game, put Lebron at point guard and bring out Battier, Bosh and Bird. Maybe even some Haslem.

Back
Top Bottom