2014 NBA Finals discussion | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 NBA Finals discussion

Thanks friend. What would you Heat peeps think of James if he left and went to team up with someone else in 2015?

Who knows what's going to happen but I would be heart broken if he left, not hate him. I have a Lebron signed jersey that I will always cherish. The best player in my age of living played basketball for my team, my city and gave us two championships. At the end of the day, I would have to get over it cause it's about the Miami Heat not just one player. These last four years have been an amazing thing to watch and any sports fan would kill to have what Miami has had. It's the best thing that happened to the city of Miami (sports wise) IMO. One thing is for sure, he leaves and he's taking the Miami Heat bandwagon with him.

Heat fan even after I'm 6 ft under.

they would despise him.

I'd like to see their view on it. If they'd hate him it would be so damn weird to have probably hated him prior to coming to Miami, loving him when he's there, to then hating him again for abandoning another team.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Who knows what's going to happen but I would be heart broken if he left, not hate him. I have a Lebron signed jersey that I will always cherish. The best player in my age of living played basketball for my team, my city and gave us two championships. At the end of the day, I would have to get over it cause it's about the Miami Heat not just one player. These last four years have been an amazing thing to watch and any sports fan would kill to have what Miami has had. It's the best thing that happened to the city of Miami (sports wise) IMO. One thing is for sure, he leaves and he's taking the Miami Heat bandwagon with him.

Heat fan even after I'm 6 ft under.

It's about the Heat yes but the entire team as it is wouldn't exist as it currently does without him. For me, I don't know how I'd feel if he was a Spur for a few years even if they won the title several times. I'm so used to the Spurs and their drafted core it just makes it difficult to relate I guess.
This current team wouldn't be anything w/o him yes but Wade did bring the franchise it's first title. You would love him if he went to the Spurs. Anyone would cherish Lebron on their team, even all these people who so called hate him. The guy is great player and role model. Such a humble guy. Drafted or FA signing, it doesn't matter to me. It's legal and part of the game.

I was thinking about how Spur fans would feel when this team vanishes? It's coming soon. Kawhi Leonard is a stud but I'm not to sold on Danny Green.

I don't think he will got elsewhere, but if he did I would be bummed but he DID give us 4 straight Finals AND TWO more titles and a damn exciting 4 years of amazing play, but i wouldn't spew venom towards him (though i'd boo when he played the Heat)

I'd like to see their view on it. If they'd hate him it would be so damn weird to have probably hated him prior to coming to Miami, loving him when he's there, to then hating him again for abandoning another team.

I don't think anyone would despise him. At least not in the sense that Cleveland fans do. He actually helped the Heat win titles. There is no reason for them to bitter if he leaves.

Cleveland has every right to be upset though. James was their only shot of winning a championship and instead of trying talk talent into joining him in Cleveland he snubbed them and went to another city. Let's not forget how James essentially held the entire NBA hostage while he faked deciding on what city to chose. At this point no one should be shocked to see him bail in pursuit of another championship.

I did not care for James when he played for Cleveland but after four years with the Heat i'll respect the dude even if he leaves. High character guy and a good team player which I never realized before. i think Riley will pull another rabbit out of this hat and get LeBron some help next year keeping him in Miami.

Like the Steelers, the Spurs are a team that i will never discount when it comes to the finals. They have a championship mentality that is hard to match.

That said, i fully expect the Heat to take this one. No team can "turn it on" like they can. And, unlike the Dolphins unfortunately, when they need to win someone steps up.

Heat in 6 and i dont think it will be as close the series record suggests.

I second Fishfan's call, lets get our moneys up with a Vbookie event.

300802d1360010756surveyortimpittsnotreco-1.jpg

Better team won, better coached team won, and most importantly: the team that wanted it more won.

The way the Heat played was inexcusable, but that doesnt take away from the fact the Spurs played out of their minds. I started wincing whenever i saw someone shoot a 3, i knew that **** was going in. They deserve the win and the Heat deserve all the criticism that is undoubtedly coming.

I'd be dissapointed but I'd still love the guy.

I think it would more be hurt feelings, the Cle fans didn't hate him. they were hurt and angry b/c he left. I think you guys would feel the same way. I think that would be a normal reaction.

I don't think anyone would despise him. At least not in the sense that Cleveland fans do. He actually helped the Heat win titles. There is no reason for them to bitter if he leaves.

Cleveland has every right to be upset though. James was their only shot of winning a championship and instead of trying talk talent into joining him in Cleveland he snubbed them and went to another city. Let's not forget how James essentially held the entire NBA hostage while he faked deciding on what city to chose. At this point no one should be shocked to see him bail in pursuit of another championship.

If I was a Heat fan I'd be pissed if he left to go chase a title somewhere else just because they didn't win this year. That's why I'm so glad the Spurs main stars are ones that they drafted and have had on their team for years.

If I was a Heat fan I'd be pissed if he left to go chase a title somewhere else just because they didn't win this year. That's why I'm so glad the Spurs main stars are ones that they drafted and have had on their team for years.

Where else would James go to have a better shot at another title? That's all that matters to him. He makes a lot more off the court.

Lebron can do whatever he wants to do, but just from a spectator's perspective . . . it looks bad that you went to 4 straight Finals and then go fishing again because you were only 2-2 in those Finals. Obviously he should do what is best for him, but it would be pretty hypocritical with all the praise of the Heat front office and Pat Riley that he won't do everything in his power to make this the best option for Lebron.

Personally, I don't believe he is going anywhere, but I think it's clear that all 3 guys will have to opt out if Miami plans on running with the big 3 again and building a team that can win another championship.

All that said, I really don't care at this moment. The Finals is over, basketball has had the spotlight for the last 4 months . . . the World Cup can shine now.

Yeah, I don't like soccer. Marlins baseball until football season.

Back
Top Bottom