2015 RBs in the draft: DEBATE | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 RBs in the draft: DEBATE

Mike Davis.... what are your thoughts on him... basically I have nothing on him right now.

I really like what Mike Davis offers...I'm still trying to figure out what it is that puts me off him a bit. I find he hesitates too much, and at the second level he really seems lost, doesn't display natural instincts when in the open field. It's weird, I'm going to need to rewatch some SCAR games because I really like what he'd offer us.

I really like what Mike Davis offers...I'm still trying to figure out what it is that puts me off him a bit. I find he hesitates too much, and at the second level he really seems lost, doesn't display natural instincts when in the open field. It's weird, I'm going to need to rewatch some SCAR games because I really like what he'd offer us.

thanks... i gotta do same and watch him more... his name keeps popping up and i have nothing to say on him.

Davis is as much a can't miss respect as there is IMO, there's really nothing not to like about him IMO. Would be a fantastic compliment to Miller. I think a lot of us, at least me, Would like someone a little more dynamic though. But Davis would make all the sense in the world for us

Here come the RBs in the combine today!!!

bucket loads of talent around the 3/4 round possibly, who can you take notice to move up or down? Gordon, Gurley? Coleman?

where should Miami take a stab at RB.. .early on or wait mids?

talk your combine thoughts!!!

Here come the RBs in the combine today!!!

bucket loads of talent around the 3/4 round possibly, who can you take notice to move up or down? Gordon, Gurley? Coleman?

where should Miami take a stab at RB.. .early on or wait mids?

talk your combine thoughts!!!

I think there are four RB's (Gurley, Gordon, Coleman, Johnson) who are top 32 players, but I doubt the draft will reflect that.

I found it interesting Gordon was only 7 pounds lighter than Gordon and did more reps on the bench.

Gurley is in a class of his own IMO. That said I doubt the Dolphins go that route in the 1st. Lots of good RBs available this year…I think Karlos Williams in a heckuva talent that you can probably get in the 4th-5th round or so. Tevin Coleman is a stud…Duke Johnson, Abdullah, Ajayi, Yeldon, Cobb, Allen, etc. If its me I might jus wait until round 3. Maybe you can snag a Duke, Ajayi, Abdullah, or Yeldon…then come back in the 5th round and grab a guy like Karlos Williams, Cobb, or Allen.

Gurley is in a class of his own IMO. That said I doubt the Dolphins go that route in the 1st. Lots of good RBs available this year…I think Karlos Williams in a heckuva talent that you can probably get in the 4th-5th round or so. Tevin Coleman is a stud…Duke Johnson, Abdullah, Ajayi, Yeldon, Cobb, Allen, etc. If its me I might jus wait until round 3. Maybe you can snag a Duke, Ajayi, Abdullah, or Yeldon…then come back in the 5th round and grab a guy like Karlos Williams, Cobb, or Allen.

i agree... 3rd round you stil lshould have buckets of RBs available... i stil lgotta catch up on all the Saturday combine though right now!!!

Ajayi combine very nice.... Gordon seemed well... Abdullah what a bench and ran well too, this kid is a leader with a great cranium too... impressive!!!

anyone know why Tevin Coleman didnt run the 40? he benched well, and i was looking forward to his run.

Cobb.... uh oh??? horrid 40 time, does it effect thoughts on him in 3rd??? a little scarier, can he hit the holes downhill in NFL?

David Johnson making more buzz now too.... should I be thinking higher on him? back to watching his film some more!!!!

Please trust me on Karlos Williams though... yes he ran fast, no he didnt bench well, but film wise he is an upright runner who can explode (we know his speed and athleticism), but has no vision and doesnt hit holes well, instincts lack and lack of experience at RB as it is... very raw, big work in progress.... not worth it for Miami

Last edited by a moderator:
Just fund out on Tevin Coleman doctors saying not to run yet due to him coming off toe surgery (i believe turf toe he was playing with during the season)... so he is rehabbing it while doing other things and enjoying combine and all. Very nice interview he had... seems like a nice kid and hard worker!!!

I love Gordon and Gurley. Both are top 10 talents even when RBs go historically lower. All the other RBs are not special IMO and are 3rd round or lower players

Cobb pulled up in his 40 with a blown quad and still ran a 4.81.

Melvin Gordon is far better than many of you are giving him credit for...it seems like many are stuck on power backs....Barry Sanders didn't run people over.

He is great running inside....breaks tackles with incredible balance and has excellent football quickness.

I really like Gurley minus durability red flags....and Ajayi.

Cobb pulled up in his 40 with a blown quad and still ran a 4.81.

thanks... did not know this... did he not participate afterwards as well? guess gotta wait for pro day to see his real deal

Melvin Gordon is far better than many of you are giving him credit for...it seems like many are stuck on power backs....Barry Sanders didn't run people over.

He is great running inside....breaks tackles with incredible balance and has excellent football quickness.

I really like Gurley minus durability red flags....and Ajayi.

i like Ajayi a lot too!!! Coleman seemed like a nice kid and i like how he spoke as i mentioned above, just would like to see his pro day.

Barry sanders was able to break through arm tackles though, he had thick stong legs and was more of a ball RB... Gordon doesnt break through arms well, and is more of a thin lower body without strength in the legs. Not dissing Gordon, I think he is a top RB with a lot of ability and talent he is bringing still.

Back
Top Bottom