2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!!

if you are a ucf guy any thoughts on terrance plummer???

I just don't get why Plummer is being projected so late. I'd take him over a lot of the mikes in this draft. Love the read react, even if he might not be the top athlete in the bunch.

I just don't get why Plummer is being projected so late. I'd take him over a lot of the mikes in this draft. Love the read react, even if he might not be the top athlete in the bunch.

yeah the athlete says 2 down lb...but i do think he has some instincts for the inside...day 3 i'm interested

Harvin is over his migraine problems. They found out at the Mayo Clinic that they were due to sleep apnea.

oh never knew that... thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Tre McBride. I like this kid in the second half of the draft. I could go late 4th round with him and beyond and be pretty happy. 6'1" 202lbs.

I know it's a highlight video but William & Mary video is pretty thin on the ground (there is some out there if you look hard enough). Still, it's a decent intro to a guy with good separation ability, physicality, gets off press, highpoints the ball, makes guys miss. There's a bit of Allen Robinson about him, maybe not quite so much wiggle as Robinson.

[video=youtube;rYdz1CEDlTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdz1CEDlTw[/video]

He was one of the best players in the Shrine Game Week, so he's no surprise package anymore.

I agree with you... i like Tre McBride a lot too and seems to have good upside as well. definitely a guy to consider in the later rounds

yeah the athlete says 2 down lb...but i do think he has some instincts for the inside...day 3 i'm interested

I look at someone in the draft like Taiwan Jones and leaving him in on passing downs looks like suicide. With Plummer, you might be able to work with what he offers, providing you've got good coverage ability around him (which we might with Jenkins & Jordan). Misi's coverage ability has even improved a lot in the last two seasons.

Point's being, he's not such an immobile guy that you have to haul him off every third down. He's just not the athlete some of the early round LBs are. I'm not convinced that many of those guys have the read-react that Plummer has though.

All Right... I checked out a couple more WRs best I could... still wold like to see more on them, but one guy has been talked highly of on the forum

DeAndre Smelter- Georgia Tech: huge thick frame, thick lower body that can break away from tackles, seems to have good hands but tends to let the ball into his body, gets to high point to catch the ball well, his speed seems decent, acceleration seems poor... he seems like a great coachable kid, its a very small sample size to really get in depth on him. (injury)

Kenny Cook- Garner Webb: 6'4'' with amazing wingspan, catches the ball away from frame with great hands, goes up and gets the ball nicely, speed seems only okay, routes need a lot of work, doesnt create separation overly well, very skinny frame... seems like a red zone target but needs a lot of work to become a starting WR in the NFL.

DeVante Davis- UNLV: has decent footwork speed and acceleration and is always working to get into open spots, uses his hands very well in route running, but needs work with his feet in and out of breaks, has GREAT hands and seems to find the ball well with focus, great blocker!!! at 6'3'' 222 great frame and a solid prospect you can work with, not the most athletic.

We got the WRs active today at the combine!!! watch it up... bring this thread back... lots to possibly discuss!!!

anyone moving up or down your board? any more NOs or maybes?

DGB???

Dorsett had a great interview too... seems like a good kid, spoke well, comfortable and honest!!!!

We got the WRs active today at the combine!!! watch it up... bring this thread back... lots to possibly discuss!!!

anyone moving up or down your board? any more NOs or maybes?

DGB???

Dorsett had a great interview too... seems like a good kid, spoke well, comfortable and honest!!!!

I doubt the teams boards will be changing much…but look for the media to start hyping up some of these guys more. DGB, Dorsett, Coates, and Devin Smith are names that jump out at me of guys who are likely to kill it today.
Sammie Coates is one of the most polarizing player for me to evaluate…he is so physically talented its really ridiculous. Like Julio level athlete..or damn close. You watch him play and you see the balance, the quick twitch explosion, the raw strength and ability to high point. Then you see inconsistent hands…not using his body as leverage like he can…and really just inconsistency in general. You know its there though..he just has to put it together. If he is there in the 2nd thats a great pick IMO with that much potential. Those guys don't grow on trees.

OK guys please help me out..... I just got home and a lot of catching up to do with todays combine.... I am looking at WRs basically first and am trying to catch up on watching 40 times and checking those out.... seems like a lot of speed everywhere.

My guys I like a lot Kevin White I see ran great and destroyed in drills from what I heard... great showing, and I think he showed that he may have a slight edge on Cooper. (yes?)

Justin Hardy and Trey McBride ran very well as well.... and these kids i like a lot.... Hardy and his route running and footwork I love on film too.... how were they in the gauntlet and drills?

Coates.... still fights the ball catching wise, it worries me.... but athlete yes!!!

Seems like this Funchess love people started getting has turned to cooties... hopefully they heard the pounding of his feet while he ran his 40 time, and hopefully they re-evaluate his film and see why I say definitely NO to draft this guy...... how did he do in drills and gauntlet?

Ty Montgomery and Vince Mayle also I have had on definite NO drafts... and they seemed to be proving it at least in the 40 times too. Nelson Agholor I knew could run straight but lacks footwork and lateral ability... how did he do in drills and gauntlet, cone time?

and why did Parker, Perriman, Strong not run shuttle runs and 3 cone??? was interested in that stuff for burst and footwork for them???

Is there anywhere I can watch replays of the gauntlet and WR drills??? please help me out.... or at least give me information on how the WRs basically did. I really appreciate the help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm a little higher on Davante Parker than most, but I see a lot of AJ Green in this kid. If he's there at 14, I'd run the pick up to the podium without a seond thought. I know we have a lot of needs, but I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd to move up and nab him, to me it'd be worth it. If Parker isn't there, Strong might actually still be the BPA depending on how the draft plays out, but if we don't go WR in the first, I'd like Agholor, Devin Smith or Coates. I'm sure one of those three will still be there, but I think Agholor is the most well rounded of the three.

Back
Top Bottom