2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!!

He had a broken leg. That could happen to anybody so I wouldn't think it's that big of a concern. Haven't heard anything about work ethic issues but I also haven't searched so you could be right, all I know is the talent is there hopefully he can put it all together.

he is always banged up basically.... but his major injuries was his ankle when he was out for most of the 2012 season, and then his hip injury when he was out like all of 2013... mind you he constantly has migrane headaches too which keeps him out of practices and games often. (when bad i remember as a Viking where he was out for week or two at a time).

Now with teammates there have been altercations in the locker room, and the most known one is in Seattle when I believe at the Super Bowl, he fought Golden Tate and either body slammed him, gave him a black eye or both... there were other instances throughout the year too with other teammates as well... hence his release.

When he was a Viking I remembered hearing constant issues with him confronting coaches and arguing with them... couple times you can see him on the sideline, even when injured, going off at a coach.

when was the last time Percy Harvin scored a receiving TD? answer: after 3 TDs in 2012 with the Vikings, he never scored a receiving TD until being a JET where he caught 1 TD in 2014

Right on here, but it is a nice feature for an offense - just not when you have to overuse it to justify the premium resources you spent on it, like in Harvin's case. I think the answer for Miami is Antwan Goodley. he doesn't have as much wiggle as Harvin, but he runs just as strong (if not stronger), he's great after the catch, and he is actually a legitimate deep threat. I'm seeing him projected in the 5th or 6th round. I think he'd be a great OW in Lazor's system.

He looks like he'll run in the 4.4's.

No one is going to give him a large multi year deal this year, which is why I want to give him the 1 year prove it deal.

And it doesn't take much work to "justify" his cost.

What makes him special is he's the best YAC receiver in the game, and you can get him the ball a million ways. A few jet sweeps, a vpreverse here and there, a few tosses out to the flats, line him up in the slot, and outside, his kickoff returns, and he's over 10 touches a game without even trying.

His efficiency ratings are always through the roof, unlike Wallace last year, who we truly had to force the ball too.

he is always banged up basically.... but his major injuries was his ankle when he was out for most of the 2012 season, and then his hip injury when he was out like all of 2013... mind you he constantly has migrane headaches too which keeps him out of practices and games often. (when bad i remember as a Viking where he was out for week or two at a time).

Now with teammates there have been altercations in the locker room, and the most known one is in Seattle when I believe at the Super Bowl, he fought Golden Tate and either body slammed him, gave him a black eye or both... there were other instances throughout the year too with other teammates as well... hence his release.

When he was a Viking I remembered hearing constant issues with him confronting coaches and arguing with them... couple times you can see him on the sideline, even when injured, going off at a coach.

when was the last time Percy Harvin scored a receiving TD? answer: after 3 TDs in 2012 with the Vikings, he never scored a receiving TD until being a JET where he caught 1 TD in 2014

I'm not talking about Harvin, it's a response about Stefon Diggs this isn't a Percy Harvin thread.

I'm not talking about Harvin, it's a response about Stefon Diggs this isn't a Percy Harvin thread.

totally my fault.... i got confused...

and youre right.. how did Percy Harvin get going in here, I didnt think about that

No one is going to give him a large multi year deal this year, which is why I want to give him the 1 year prove it deal.

And it doesn't take much work to "justify" his cost.

What makes him special is he's the best YAC receiver in the game, and you can get him the ball a million ways. A few jet sweeps, a vpreverse here and there, a few tosses out to the flats, line him up in the slot, and outside, his kickoff returns, and he's over 10 touches a game without even trying.

His efficiency ratings are always through the roof, unlike Wallace last year, who we truly had to force the ball too.

Harvin's a problem, because he thinks he's one of the best players in the NFL, and as a result, he thinks he should get the ball a lot. The real problem is that he puts his ego before the team and raises a fuss when he thinks he's not getting the ball enough.

Havrin the player isn't the problem. Harvin the person and his opinion of himself as a player is the problem. At this point, it doesn't matter how much he costs. Unless he has a come-to-Jesus moment, he's poison.

The thing I admire most about Pete Carroll at the Seahawks is he is prepared to and very able to handle big personalities, egotists, divas and whiners. He keeps a decent lid on negativity and channels their energy into winning games. If Pete Carroll can't handle Percy Harvin or doesn't think he's worth the hassle, then Jeebus knows how Philbin would cope.

It just isn't worth thinking about, for all his ability. Let's get back to the draft.

I don't think linebacker or DT or huge needs.

Odrick will most likely be back. We still have Mitchell, AJ francis who was looking good before injury, and Antony Johnson.

Linebacker we still have Jordan Tripp developing who I believe they'll get on the field this year with jelani.

And we still have free agency.

So no, I don't really see the need of trading down, I rather get a couple players I really like than trade down to add a extra role-player.

It would be a major fail by this FO if they finish FA and the draft with Misi and Tripp as their 1 and 2 ILB's.

I guess Minnesota, Seattle and the Jets have yet to find out how to "use him correctly" then.

I think Minnesota used him damn well in the slot. You have to remember his route running was pretty raw when he came into the NFL. His first two seasons in the NFL he had Favre and he had some explosive plays. There was also a lot of talk of Percy being a MVP candidate his last year in MN when he tore up his knee in week 7. Christian Ponder was the QB and every opponent they played was stacking the box to stop the run. Percy during that time was the one making that offense tick not AP.

The problem with Harvin is that he still doesn't run routes very well. He is best utilized in the slot or out of the backfield to create matchup problems vs LB's and S where he can beat them with shear athleticism/quickness/speed. That would make him the #4 WR option because lets face it Landry is not going to be productive on the boundary and he would need to stay in the slot as well. That would mean the Fins still need to find a replacement for Hartline at #2.

I guess what it comes down to me is that Harvin would be nice to have on the team but I think the resources that it would take to do so could best be used elsewhere.

Harvin is over his migraine problems. They found out at the Mayo Clinic that they were due to sleep apnea.

agreed...the resources could be better allocated...harvins a jack of many trades but a master of none...

Tre McBride. I like this kid in the second half of the draft. I could go late 4th round with him and beyond and be pretty happy. 6'1" 202lbs.

I know it's a highlight video but William & Mary video is pretty thin on the ground (there is some out there if you look hard enough). Still, it's a decent intro to a guy with good separation ability, physicality, gets off press, highpoints the ball, makes guys miss. There's a bit of Allen Robinson about him, maybe not quite so much wiggle as Robinson.

[video=youtube;rYdz1CEDlTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdz1CEDlTw[/video]

He was one of the best players in the Shrine Game Week, so he's no surprise package anymore.

“@Gil_Brandt: UCF WR Breshad Perriman is ascending. Father Brett played in NFL for 10 years, 2nd-round pick. No surprise if Breshad went in 1st.”

“@Gil_Brandt: UCF WR Breshad Perriman is ascending. Father Brett played in NFL for 10 years, 2nd-round pick. No surprise if Breshad went in 1st.”

if you are a ucf guy any thoughts on terrance plummer???

Looking like one of those guys the media's late on...starting to sound like a legit option in our draft range.

Back
Top Bottom