2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!!

Percy is not better than Wallace. Percy is a worse route runner than Wallace not to mention caustic...if the guy couldn't hack it in a vertical passing offense like that in Seattle where all he has to do is use his speed there's no way he can hack it here with the number of different route combinations we run. Even in Minnesota when they ran the WCO with Favre throwing the ball he had very little success...he made his mark as a return man there.

Absolutely no to Percy Harvin and Justin Hardy is a nice WR but at 5'10" he better run like the wind. Tired of our pedestrian WR corp. We need speed AND route running to go with the YAC ability.

Fully agree on both points. Harvin is not worth the risk and Hardy is maybe the most polished receiver in the class, but he's Landry 2.0 with a little more pop and a little less balance. If our third receiver was Vincent Jackson or Dez Bryant, I'd say why not to Hardy. But we need some size and - preferably but not essentially - some more speed.

Nice write-ups. Interested in opinions on Lippett? He's another big guy, I think 6-3 who seems like a nice fit for Miami. If the team can keep Wallace, then I think the focus will be on finding that big, physical receiver. I wouldn't rule out that the Dolphins would like to add someone like Dorsett if Wallace doesn't work out next season. He becomes an instant draft target IMO if Wallace is cut. I am a little concerned about Dorsett's hands.

I'm a Sparty fan and I love Lippett's development over the last 4 years. Definitely has some athleticism, good top-end speed and a lanky frame that he uses reasonably well. His route running still needs some work and he long strides quite a bit, plus he has some lapses in concentration, leading to drops. But he's a hard worker and he'll do whatever you ask him to. I'd look at him late 4-6, but expect him to spend a year on the PS like Hazel.

i kinda think harvin could work in this offense...you would just get away from the stop routes on the boundary and work more stuff with him in the backfield etc and motioning in and out of the backfield...although he's another guy that thinks he's gods gift to the game

fit wise though i think it could work...just would be used differently alignment wise...

if he worked mostly in and out of the backfield his route running wouldn't be an issue...swings reverse actions fly sweeps etc...speed and spacing

You see my vision.

Tannehills best attribute is at the short to mid range passes, and isn't his legs to keep defenses off guard and make them pay when they cheat in the run game. Add Percy to that mix and your can keep that defense off balance all game. Especially if we get a real run game this year.

I just watched Shane Vereen pick Seattle apart with this kind of scheme, it works and is exactly what tannehill/this offense needs.

The way we had to force Wallace the ball just to keep him happy so he could get his stats was disgusting and incredibly inefficient.

You see my vision.

Tannehills best attribute is at the short to mid range passes, and isn't his legs to keep defenses off guard and make them pay when they cheat in the run game. Add Percy to that mix and your can keep that defense off balance all game. Especially if we get a real run game this year.

I just watched Shane Vereen pick Seattle apart with this kind of scheme, it works and is exactly what tannehill/this offense needs.

The way we had to force Wallace the ball just to keep him happy so he could get his stats was disgusting and incredibly inefficient.

the problem is though there's only so many backfield type set ups you can do with him or jet sweeps etc before the opposition is ready and sits on stuff and is prepared...so the route running has to come into play also from more than just out the backfield etc...

shane vereen basically picked seattle apart in one on one scenarios out the backfield or lined up in the slot etc or motioning from backfield to slot or boundary etc and we do use that but it can't be something you run on repeat cause teams would adjust and we dont have a gronk monster to take so much coverage away either...seattle didnt adjust very well but the pats caught them in some formations where they had the mismatch with the back on a lb etc but again that's one game against a specific opponent

and it does nothing to fix our red zone mismatch problems as in can't throw back shoulder or fades iso routes to one on one win options etc

Am I missing something? Where is Rashad Greene? He's not on either list.

the problem is though there's only so many backfield type set ups you can do with him or jet sweeps etc before the opposition is ready and sits on stuff and is prepared...so the route running has to come into play also from more than just out the backfield etc...

shane vereen basically picked seattle apart in one on one scenarios out the backfield or lined up in the slot etc or motioning from backfield to slot or boundary etc and we do use that but it can't be something you run on repeat cause teams would adjust and we dont have a gronk monster to take so much coverage away either...seattle didnt adjust very well but the pats caught them in some formations where they had the mismatch with the back on a lb etc but again that's one game against a specific opponent

and it does nothing to fix our red zone mismatch problems as in can't throw back shoulder or fades iso routes to one on one win options etc

Wallace didn't do that either.

At least Percy is the kind of player the entire defense has to stop and account for, and even if he keeps them frozen for just a second, that's an extra second tannehill gets to operate, an extra second that delays the blitz.

If you want migranes, and locker room issues, and a player for himself again... to replace the one that many are trying to rid... then thats when Percy Harvin comes in. Yes at times in our offense he can offer ability, but is this more of a gimmick type offense, or is it an offense we are going to come out and accomplish with consistently. Where is he going to line up in all of our sets? What type of routes is he going to be able to run? Are we going to be able to use him vertically at all?

Seattle got rid of him due to locker room issues and the fact that he couldnt work well out of their offense, not vertical, and in the packages where he was supposed to work well out of, really didnt do much for them... yes he was probably keyed on by defenses, but how do you not dominate in an offense that play actions and main factor is Beast Mode??? look at what Chris Matthews was able to do in the Super Bowl at first vertically with that situation.

obviously we need work on our WR core, but I am not big on Percy Harvin coming in to be part of it. expensive i bet he would be too.

If you want migranes, and locker room issues, and a player for himself again... to replace the one that many are trying to rid... then thats when Percy Harvin comes in. Yes at times in our offense he can offer ability, but is this more of a gimmick type offense, or is it an offense we are going to come out and accomplish with consistently. Where is he going to line up in all of our sets? What type of routes is he going to be able to run? Are we going to be able to use him vertically at all?

Seattle got rid of him due to locker room issues and the fact that he couldnt work well out of their offense, not vertical, and in the packages where he was supposed to work well out of, really didnt do much for them... yes he was probably keyed on by defenses, but how do you not dominate in an offense that play actions and main factor is Beast Mode??? look at what Chris Matthews was able to do in the Super Bowl at first vertically with that situation.

obviously we need work on our WR core, but I am not big on Percy Harvin coming in to be part of it. expensive i bet he would be too.

Sea didn't want him to succeed this year, all they did was run him jet sweep after jet sweep right into the defenses teeth. Watch Percy in the SB vs the Broncos where he was used correctly, even last hear when he was injured and barely played for sea, he still lead the NFL In YAC, small sample size, but still.

Used correctly hes one of the most talented players in the NFL, keep him on a one year deal, The risk is minimal.

The only player sea staff cares about is Russell, why do you think marshawn and Percy were acting out, they saw the bs. Probably the reason they didn't let lynch run in the game winner.

Percy has a History in Florida, I bet he would love the opportunity to be there again.

Sea didn't want him to succeed this year, all they did was run him jet sweep after jet sweep right into the defenses teeth. Watch Percy in the SB vs the Broncos where he was used correctly, even last hear when he was injured and barely played for sea, he still lead the NFL In YAC, small sample size, but still.

Used correctly hes one of the most talented players in the NFL, keep him on a one year deal, The risk is minimal.

The only player sea staff cares about is Russell, why do you think marshawn and Percy were acting out, they saw the bs. Probably the reason they didn't let lynch run in the game winner.

Percy has a History in Florida, I bet he would love the opportunity to be there again.

I guess Minnesota, Seattle and the Jets have yet to find out how to "use him correctly" then.

I don't even know what that means, when those Tesms used him right, he was one of the scariest players in the NFL.

Only time I remember him being scary was as a return man. All I know is the guy has never had a 1000 receiving season and he's never scored more than 6 receiving TDs in a season...if that's scary then Wallace is a flipping nightmare.

Only time I remember him being scary was as a return man. All I know is the guy has never had a 1000 receiving season and he's never scored more than 6 receiving TDs in a season...if that's scary then Wallace is a flipping nightmare.

Farves most efficient season of his entire career came with Harvin on the field.

If you think fan stats tell the whole story of a players effectiveness, your missing the point of what players like Harvin do for an offense.

Farves most efficient season of his entire career came with Harvin on the field.

If you think fan stats tell the whole story of a players effectiveness, your missing the point of what players like Harvin do for an offense.

Then I'm missing the point. I wouldn't want Harvin on the Dolphins then, now or in the future. One of the most overrated players in NFL history IMO.

He's had issues staying healthy, and I've read that there are questions about his work ethic. Not sure he's a great fit for Miami, but he's very talented.

He had a broken leg. That could happen to anybody so I wouldn't think it's that big of a concern. Haven't heard anything about work ethic issues but I also haven't searched so you could be right, all I know is the talent is there hopefully he can put it all together.

Right on here, but it is a nice feature for an offense - just not when you have to overuse it to justify the premium resources you spent on it, like in Harvin's case. I think the answer for Miami is Antwan Goodley. he doesn't have as much wiggle as Harvin, but he runs just as strong (if not stronger), he's great after the catch, and he is actually a legitimate deep threat. I'm seeing him projected in the 5th or 6th round. I think he'd be a great OW in Lazor's system.

He looks like he'll run in the 4.4's.

Back
Top Bottom