2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 WRs in the draft: DEBATE!!!

I personally would not trade back, I think this draft is talent deficient and I'd be more likely to stay put or even trade up. But I don't think our FO will see it that way, but who knows.

We have needs for sure, but I don't think we have the pressing needs like we did at Right tackle last year, IMO we should fill our basic needs in free agency and try to ensure we can go bpa in rnd 1 and 2.

Our division is going to be really tough this season, we have the SB champs and the jets and Buff are going to go all out to win now. We probably have 3 top 10 defenses in our division, which is why I think we should go Bpa on offense. Were gonna need more talent on offense to beat these guys.

A trade back wouldn't be a bad idea because I believe our biggest positions of need are linebacker and defensive tackle. Those positions are thin in this draft, but starters can be had at the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2. As for WR and RB, both positions are deep. I believe there are starting caliber WRs to be had into round 3. They may not be physically as talented as White, Parker, or Cooper, but we may not need those guys in our offense.

A trade back wouldn't be a bad idea because I believe our biggest positions of need are linebacker and defensive tackle. Those positions are thin in this draft, but starters can be had at the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2. As for WR and RB, both positions are deep. I believe there are starting caliber WRs to be had into round 3. They may not be physically as talented as White, Parker, or Cooper, but we may not need those guys in our offense.

I don't think linebacker or DT or huge needs.

Odrick will most likely be back. We still have Mitchell, AJ francis who was looking good before injury, and Antony Johnson.

Linebacker we still have Jordan Tripp developing who I believe they'll get on the field this year with jelani.

And we still have free agency.

So no, I don't really see the need of trading down, I rather get a couple players I really like than trade down to add a extra role-player.

I dunno if I'd take Devin Smith at 14, but he's a WR I really like. Such a good deep ball WR especially at adjusting to the ball (and trust me, as good as the Ohio State QBs are, they had some ugly deep passes). So in that sense I do think he'd be great at helping Tanny on the deep ball.

Nice write-ups. Interested in opinions on Lippett? He's another big guy, I think 6-3 who seems like a nice fit for Miami. If the team can keep Wallace, then I think the focus will be on finding that big, physical receiver. I wouldn't rule out that the Dolphins would like to add someone like Dorsett if Wallace doesn't work out next season. He becomes an instant draft target IMO if Wallace is cut. I am a little concerned about Dorsett's hands.

Lippett is underrated as an athlete (even starting the last few Sparty games at Corner) but I don't think he'll run well (similar problem BJ Cunningham had... who funny enough we drafted). Good hands and route running ability. If there's one complaint I'd have is I'd like to see him use his size a bit more to his advantage.

Lockette is a guy whose going to rise because there's nothing he does poorly, I'd look at him in round 2 or 3 maybe.

I like Jamison Crowder a lot for our offense. Also love me some Jalen Strong.

Ty Montgomery is a guy I liked early, but he has bad hands. People talk about Devin Funchess having bad hands, but Montgomery has BAD hands.

Speaking of Funchess, athletic ability is there, but absolutely needs to learn how to play big.

A lot of WRs to like in this class, but all of them have something that is easy to hate about them. Much more boom or bust

I dunno if I'd take Devin Smith at 14, but he's a WR I really like. Such a good deep ball WR especially at adjusting to the ball (and trust me, as good as the Ohio State QBs are, they had some ugly deep passes). So in that sense I do think he'd be great at helping Tanny on the deep ball.

Lippett is underrated as an athlete (even starting the last few Sparty games at Corner) but I don't think he'll run well (similar problem BJ Cunningham had... who funny enough we drafted). Good hands and route running ability. If there's one complaint I'd have is I'd like to see him use his size a bit more to his advantage.

Lockette is a guy whose going to rise because there's nothing he does poorly, I'd look at him in round 2 or 3 maybe.

I like Jamison Crowder a lot for our offense. Also love me some Jalen Strong.

Ty Montgomery is a guy I liked early, but he has bad hands. People talk about Devin Funchess having bad hands, but Montgomery has BAD hands.

Speaking of Funchess, athletic ability is there, but absolutely needs to learn how to play big.

A lot of WRs to like in this class, but all of them have something that is easy to hate about them. Much more boom or bust

I know you've been high on him but man I just don't see it. He looks to have long speed but it takes him a while to get up to top end, no short area quickness, struggles to get separation, route running is poor, doesn't win enough in the red zone for a guy his size. I'm not sold on him.

[video]http://www.draftbreakdown.com/video-embed/?clip=255520[/video]

I may be a big UCF homer here (being my favorite team and alma mater), but Breshad Perriman would be a fantastic WR to add to this group. He gives us the big bodied, sure handed, red zone threat with the ability for YAC that we have been CRAVING for years. He goes up and snags the ball. His hands and concentration are phenomenal. He makes the catches that (outside of Landry) our other WR's cant make. He is in need of some work on his route running and could get off the line a little better, but man...I really have a feeling that this kid can be special. I hope we can pick him up in the mid to later rounds but I have a feeling his stock will rise at the combine. The kid just makes big money plays and I hope he gets a chance to make them in Miami :hump:

I know you've been high on him but man I just don't see it. He looks to have long speed but it takes him a while to get up to top end, no short area quickness, struggles to get separation, route running is poor, doesn't win enough in the red zone for a guy his size. I'm not sold on him.

[video]http://www.draftbreakdown.com/video-embed/?clip=255520[/video]

Well if we agreed on every prospect it would make for some boring conversations no? And yeah Strong needs to live up to his last name a bit, but I saw him attack the ball quite a bit, and he's good once the ball is in his hands.

Either way always good to hear a differing opinion :hi5:

i think lippetts future may be more at corner...although if he's gonna play a cover 2 or press one he's gonna have to show he can bench...have to be a bull to play press and cover 2 at that size and with limited long speed and hips

i think lippetts future may be more at corner...although if he's gonna play a cover 2 or press one he's gonna have to show he can bench...have to be a bull to play press and cover 2 at that size and with limited long speed and hips

yeah i'm just confused on Lippett and whats really going to be best for him, or what he wants to do.... its kind of a guy I just would stay more away from, especially with many definite WRs to like in the draft.

I may be a big UCF homer here (being my favorite team and alma mater), but Breshad Perriman would be a fantastic WR to add to this group. He gives us the big bodied, sure handed, red zone threat with the ability for YAC that we have been CRAVING for years. He goes up and snags the ball. His hands and concentration are phenomenal. He makes the catches that (outside of Landry) our other WR's cant make. He is in need of some work on his route running and could get off the line a little better, but man...I really have a feeling that this kid can be special. I hope we can pick him up in the mid to later rounds but I have a feeling his stock will rise at the combine. The kid just makes big money plays and I hope he gets a chance to make them in Miami :hump:

There's a lot to like about this kid from what I've seen, but I'm interested in your comments about his hands. You've seen him a lot more than I have but in the video I can find of him online I've seen a number of passes go straight through the guys hands.

Is this a regular issue or just bad luck that the games I saw of him had some uncharacteristic drops?

BTW, I read yesterday that Landry had the second highest catch completion rate in the NFL (50+ passes), after Welker.

I don't know why nobody's talking about Stefon Diggs, dude looks legit too me.

I don't know why nobody's talking about Stefon Diggs, dude looks legit too me.

He's had issues staying healthy, and I've read that there are questions about his work ethic. Not sure he's a great fit for Miami, but he's very talented.

I think we Should let Wallace go, grab Percy for year to prove himself and let our cap settle down, and draft a WR after our 2nd rnd pick.

Percy is so much better than Wallace, Would Have such a big role in this offense, wouldn't have to force the ball to him like we did with Wallace either.

And we still add a guy like Justin Hardy, that would be a nice trio at WR.

I think we Should let Wallace go, grab Percy for year to prove himself and let our cap settle down, and draft a WR after our 2nd rnd pick.

Percy is so much better than Wallace, Would Have such a big role in this offense, wouldn't have to force the ball to him like we did with Wallace either.

And we still add a guy like Justin Hardy, that would be a nice trio at WR.
Percy is not better than Wallace. Percy is a worse route runner than Wallace not to mention caustic...if the guy couldn't hack it in a vertical passing offense like that in Seattle where all he has to do is use his speed there's no way he can hack it here with the number of different route combinations we run. Even in Minnesota when they ran the WCO with Favre throwing the ball he had very little success...he made his mark as a return man there.

Absolutely no to Percy Harvin and Justin Hardy is a nice WR but at 5'10" he better run like the wind. Tired of our pedestrian WR corp. We need speed AND route running to go with the YAC ability.

i kinda think harvin could work in this offense...you would just get away from the stop routes on the boundary and work more stuff with him in the backfield etc and motioning in and out of the backfield...although he's another guy that thinks he's gods gift to the game

fit wise though i think it could work...just would be used differently alignment wise...

if he worked mostly in and out of the backfield his route running wouldn't be an issue...swings reverse actions fly sweeps etc...speed and spacing

Back
Top Bottom