2016 NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins on the clock at No. 13 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins on the clock at No. 13

Sorry but how can anyone take you serious as a talent evaluator when you lump Tannehill, John Beck, and Daniel Thomas in the same group?

I never asked anyone to take me serious as an evaluator, it's something I do for fun. If you don't like my opinion I'm completely fine with that.

WEAKNESSES Average play strength and isn't as physical from press coverage as he could be. Might be knocked around by big NFL receivers if he's asked to press.http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/william-jackson iii?id=2555179

Posted this once before and this my be the concern in Joseph's defense.

This also..

Reason he'll fall in draft: Jackson is a gambler who can be beaten on double moves, and he's not an NFL-grade tackler yet. Plus, smaller, quicker receivers have given him fits, so he might be pigeonholed into a specific role in the NFL in a man-heavier scheme, which might eliminate a few teams, even if they feel they need a cornerback. Some clubs have high grades on him, but there's a wide range of opinions on Jackson in NFL circles.

Haha I guess Eli Apple is better tackler ?
Weaknesses
Can be slow to diagnose and anticipate quarterback's plans. Average reactive athleticism. Doesn't feature the balance or twitch to rocket forward and challenge throws if he's not shadowing his man. Won't always play to his size as a tackler. Dragged 18 yards after a catch against Penn State. Shows some stiffness as an open field tackler and allowed four broken tackles this season. Slow to turn head and find ball on deep throws. Becomes Mr. Grabs if he senses receiver is getting over the top of him or when he's trying to crowd the top of routes. Had four holding and seven pass interference penalties from 2014­-2015.

I think it's ridiculous that some think just because Apple has played press corner then that makes him our guy automatically, no matter how average his tape is or his lack of production. That's like saying the Browns should draft Christian Hackenburg 2nd overall just because he was in pro style offense in college.

Reading about Jackson, the CB, I keep envisioning Jamar Taylor over and over. "Doesn't play strong...yada yada" Anyone else remember Jamar Taylor hurting his shoulder when Demaryus Thomas flicked him off him like a bug?
We need defensive backs who can tackle the receivers, because even good CBs are going to give up receptions more often than not, and if they don't tackle the WR, it's a TD.

Eli Apple's tape, at least the one somebody posted on here about a month ago, was awful. It was PI after PI, and/or giving up receptions even though he was right with the receiver.

CB is such a crap shoot. I don't think anyone knew that Morris Claiborne was going to struggle like he has. He seemed like a sure thing.

When you're watching film on these guys, compare it to the film of Jamar Taylor that was going around before he was drafted. This isn't the bigger file I saw, but it's a snippet of Taylor at Boise St.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTIGKn-9RA

Eli Apple's tape, at least the one somebody posted on here about a month ago, was awful. It was PI after PI, and/or giving up receptions even though he was right with the receiver.

CB is such a crap shoot. I don't think anyone knew that Morris Claiborne was going to struggle like he has. He seemed like a sure thing.

When you're watching film on these guys, compare it to the film of Jamar Taylor that was going around before he was drafted. This isn't the bigger file I saw, but it's a snippet of Taylor at Boise St.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTIGKn-9RA

Don't tell Hoops that, he has man crush on that guy, hoops can tell you all about his orgasms he had watching him run at the combine.

Back
Top Bottom