2016 NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins on the clock at No. 13 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 NFL Draft: Miami Dolphins on the clock at No. 13

I'm telling you guys Kendall Fuller is a huge sleeper

Apple absolutely has a lot of skills, but I think he's also a guy you're gonna have to live with getting burnt early I think he'll be a very good player if he keeps his head on straight. But between him and William Jackson I think it's a matter of taste.

As for Darron Lee. I like him more than I liked Shavier coming out of OSU, and I was fine with the idea of drafting him.

I like Apple. I just think Jackson is better.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Do not sleep on taking a front seven player in RD1 and taking Howard or Burns in RD2.

Apple has no ball skills tbh. He gets his hands on very few passes. And the more I watch the more I realize he's really not the great physical corner hes talked up to be. His tackling is terrible and he gives very little effort to get in the mix. Where as Jackson is always trying to effect the play.

Honestly, Alexander plays more physical than apple IMO, and his coverage is tight consistently.

I also hate how much space apple gives up when he's not pressing. No matter what the WR does it seems like he just keeps backing up, basically giving up easy passes short and mid range. That crap won't fly in the NFL. The more I watch apple the more I see a lot of overcompensating.

Hoops explain to us why you love Eli Apple more than William Jackson? It seems you only like him because of his experience playing press. Unfortunately he has to be able to tackle and cover WRs as well.

Hoops explain to us why you love Eli Apple more than William Jackson? It seems you only like him because of his experience playing press. Unfortunately he has to be able to tackle and cover WRs as well.

Check his post in this thread post 17, and Hoops was on Apple way early before he started climbing..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like William Jackson III better than Eli Apple, so he'd be my pick at 13.

Chech his post in this thread post 17, and Hoops was on Apple way early before he started climbing..

I know but he's never gone into detail about why he thinks Apple > William Jackson, only that apple has the press experience.

I know but he's never gone into detail about why he thinks Apple > William Jackson, only that apple has the press experience.

WEAKNESSES Average play strength and isn't as physical from press coverage as he could be. Might be knocked around by big NFL receivers if he's asked to press.http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/william-jackson iii?id=2555179

Posted this once before and this my be the concern in Joseph's defense.

This also..

Reason he'll fall in draft: Jackson is a gambler who can be beaten on double moves, and he's not an NFL-grade tackler yet. Plus, smaller, quicker receivers have given him fits, so he might be pigeonholed into a specific role in the NFL in a man-heavier scheme, which might eliminate a few teams, even if they feel they need a cornerback. Some clubs have high grades on him, but there's a wide range of opinions on Jackson in NFL circles.

I am taking a leap of faith regarding Gase and Joseph and I think it will be very telling if we don't go CB at 13. Tannenbum and Grier aren't making the decisions in a vacuum. I am confident Joseph will have considerable input, so the guy we get should be someone with his blessings. He has done well developing CB's, so I don't see why our situation will be different.

WEAKNESSES Average play strength and isn't as physical from press coverage as he could be. Might be knocked around by big NFL receivers if he's asked to press.http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/william-jackson iii?id=2555179

Posted this once before and this my be the concern in Joseph's defense.

This also..

Reason he'll fall in draft: Jackson is a gambler who can be beaten on double moves, and he's not an NFL-grade tackler yet. Plus, smaller, quicker receivers have given him fits, so he might be pigeonholed into a specific role in the NFL in a man-heavier scheme, which might eliminate a few teams, even if they feel they need a cornerback. Some clubs have high grades on him, but there's a wide range of opinions on Jackson in NFL circles.

Jackson being a "gambler" is not going to hurt his draft stock a bit.

The fact that he has the ability to "gamble" the way he does is why teams will want him. Most guys don't even have the ability to jump routes the way he does.

Peters had the same knock last year, I think the chiefs are quite happy with him.

Apple has no ball skills tbh. He gets his hands on very few passes. And the more I watch the more I realize he's really not the great physical corner hes talked up to be. His tackling is terrible and he gives very little effort to get in the mix. Where as Jackson is always trying to effect the play.

Honestly, Alexander plays more physical than apple IMO, and his coverage is tight consistently.

I also hate how much space apple gives up when he's not pressing. No matter what the WR does it seems like he just keeps backing up, basically giving up easy passes short and mid range. That crap won't fly in the NFL. The more I watch apple the more I see a lot of overcompensating.

Ding ding ding.

Apple isn't very good IMO.

People keep bringing up alexanders lack of production on the Stat sheet.

This is interesting because apple had only 8 pass deflections in all of 2015 and 1 interception. But No one mentions his lack of production.

The difference is Alexander was a legitimate lock down cornerback in college. I'm not even a big Alexander fan, but after watching tape on apple, Alexander looks awesome.

People keep bringing up alexanders lack of production on the Stat sheet.

This is interesting because apple had only 8 pass deflections in all of 2015 and 1 interception. But No one mentions his lack of production.

The difference is Alexander was a legitimate lock down cornerback in college. I'm not even a big Alexander fan, but after watching tape on apple, Alexander looks awesome.

Sorry but how can anyone take you serious as a talent evaluator when you lump Tannehill, John Beck, and Daniel Thomas in the same group?

Here's another thought how about Karl Joseph at #13 or with a trade down? That's one way to immediate improve the secondary. I know there are injury concerns, but this is a physical player who resembles the human missile.

Back
Top Bottom