2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

If we pick Conklin (who I like), who plays CB? Doubtful one of the top CBs slides to round 2. We could take TJ Green Move him from Safety to play CB. He has the size and speed to play press CB. I think the smarter move is to get the CB rd 1. There are a lot of big bodies to be had later.

You can probably get a good OT at 42, but you may not get one that can start at OG. For a minute, it looked like Ifedi would be there, but he probably goes in the 1st. Still, I agree that it's preferable to wait.

Unless it's VH3 at 13, I don't see anything in Apple or Jackson that separates them from the group of CB's you'd be choosing from in the 2nd-4th.

VH3, K. Joseph, D. Lee, and E. Ogbah look like the best options from where I'm sitting.

Conklin is intriguing because his feisty attitude might be contagious and help elevate our overall oline play. If Zeke, Jack, and Lawson were gone, I would be okay with him as our pick.

If we pick Conklin (who I like), who plays CB? Doubtful one of the top CBs slides to round 2. We could take TJ Green Move him from Safety to play CB. He has the size and speed to play press CB. I think the smarter move is to get the CB rd 1. There are a lot of big bodies to be had later.

Look at it this way- if we draft Eli Apple at #13 who starts opposite Maxwell in 2016? Dude needs major work and coaching. Hargreaves would start, as to the current roster we have a press corner in Lippett and Jamar Taylor who I haven't given up on, plus Olomu who is a wildcard if healthy. Plenty of post 1st rd corners in this draft who would fit our defense.

To be clear about it I'm not opposed to Apple at#13 as a developmental CB with big upside who fits the defense, just don't expect early returns imo. I'm ok with Alexander and Ragland, too (is Koa Misi the answer at SLB? Ragland can play that and of course MLB, I like Correa as a Misi replacement as well- Misi disappears far too often, bottom line, either injured or low production). I like Conklin. But for me it keeps going back to this- in a relatively weak draft class gamble on greatness at #13, go for Nkemdiche. OG Garnett rd 2, pick up a CB in rds 3-4, there should be some good ones to choose from. I don't see forcing a 1st rd pick on a CB for a defense that doesn't really call for that- go front 7 or maybe Conklin, the only OL possibility I see at #13. Maybe trade down, but just draft good players and get talent on the roster, bottom line.

You can take a position besides CB at 13, but I think you got to work to jump back in the end of RD1 to get that CB.

How would a draft of Jack ( or Zeke)and either WJ3 or Apple grab you? We would probably just have those two and our late round picks, but would it be worth it?

You can probably get a good OT at 42, but you may not get one that can start at OG. For a minute, it looked like Ifedi would be there, but he probably goes in the 1st. Still, I agree that it's preferable to wait.

Unless it's VH3 at 13, I don't see anything in Apple or Jackson that separates them from the group of CB's you'd be choosing from in the 2nd-4th.

VH3, K. Joseph, D. Lee, and E. Ogbah look like the best options from where I'm sitting.

I take position of need unless an impact player slides. I don't see Lee as an impact player. A nice player, no doubt,but not a game changer. I wouldn't take Lee here. Most import positions on the team are QB, DE, LOT, and CB. If you have a need in those areas and no game changer is on the board elsewhere, I would draft those positions first.

How would a draft of Jack ( or Zeke)and either WJ3 or Apple grab you? We would probably just have those two and our late round picks, but would it be worth it?

Interesting- Nkemdiche's size and like him has strength and wheels, a 300 pounder playing DE who can beat OTs off the edge and get to the QB in a hurry. Another guy like Nkemdiche that seems more suited for a 3/4 if playing DE if you just look at the weight, but he can play DE and move to DT next to Suh on passing downs. Very intriguing player with a lot of upside, good call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQr0X6EsF8

I keep running mock drafts, and you can get players in rounds 3 & 4 in this draft. After that it's a crap shoot. It would take our 2,3,4 round picks to get that second first. So we are giving up three players (think OG like Vadal, RB like Booker, and LB like D. Jones) all for that CB. A steep cost, we shouldn't do that.

Interesting- Nkemdiche's size and like him has strength and wheels, a 300 pounder playing DE who can beat OTs off the edge and get to the QB in a hurry. Another guy like Nkemdiche that seems more suited for a 3/4 if playing DE if you just look at the weight, but he can play DE and move to DT next to Suh on passing downs. Very intriguing player with a lot of upside, good call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsQr0X6EsF8

Nkemdiche's stats last year, 7 TFL, 3 sacks. About 1/3 of Shaq Lawson's stats. Both juniors. No doubt diche wins the underware Olympics between the two. I'd rather have a player. Not to mention diche is a head case with a possible drug problem. Stay the hell away from my team, Nkemdiche, PLEASE!

Nkemdiche's stats last year, 7 TFL, 3 sacks. About 1/3 of Shaq Lawson's stats. Both juniors. No doubt diche wins the underware Olympics between the two. I'd rather have a player. Not to mention diche is a head case with a possible drug problem. Stay the hell away from my team, Nkemdiche, PLEASE!

“He is a special player,” Lande said. “If his character checks out, he’s going to be in the running to be the first defensive player taken. Gerald McCoy is what this kid has potential to be, and guys like that do not grow on trees . . . if his character checks out, and I have not gotten enough information to make a clear statement as to whether or not it will.”
Nkemdiche had off-field trouble at Ole Miss, culminating in an arrest for marijuana possession in December 2015. That incident included him falling out of a hotel window and being suspended for the Rebels’ Sugar Bowl game.

Lande was asked by “Jaguars Today” host Mike Dempsey why Nkemdiche’s production was so low; he finished his career with 98 tackles and 19 tackles for loss.

“I charted out every play he made in six games – he was a wrecking ball,” Lande said. “His production in terms of disrupting plays, blowing things up behind the line of scrimmage, forcing bad passes was at the level of, or better than, (Ndamukong) Suh and McCoy when they came out.
“He is remarkable in terms of actual production when you chart what he does, not just taking into account his tackles and sacks. When you really watch what he does, he’s a really productive interior guy.”

http://gridironnow.com/scout-nkemdiche-1st-defensive-player-picked/

"if his character checks out...". Jumping out of a hotel window high on weed laced with a mystery substance. There's your sign.

I keep running mock drafts, and you can get players in rounds 3 & 4 in this draft. After that it's a crap shoot. It would take our 2,3,4 round picks to get that second first. So we are giving up three players (think OG like Vadal, RB like Booker, and LB like D. Jones) all for that CB. A steep cost, we shouldn't do that.

I agree. Just curious to see what combinations will yield us the best draft. Maybe this is the draft to either stay pat or trade down if the situation is right.

"if his character checks out...". Jumping out of a hotel window high on weed laced with a mystery substance. There's your sign.

More of a one-off than a pattern imo, with his brother kept at a safe distance I think that he'll be fine.

How can his 'character' check out after he did this? After the Jordan fiasco he has to be off the draft board, sure hope so. We have a whole lot of people who weighed in on the thread with a bunch of different players we could select because the roster is so poor, no reason to take a chance on him.

How can his 'character' check out after he did this? After the Jordan fiasco he has to be off the draft board, sure hope so. We have a whole lot of people who weighed in on the thread with a bunch of different players we could select because the roster is so poor, no reason to take a chance on him.

Could be, but I see Nkemdiche as a difference maker, worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom