2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

More of a one-off than a pattern imo, with his brother kept at a safe distance I think that he'll be fine.

Better keep his mother at arm's length too. She is just as nutty. The best thing he could have done was sign with Clemson rather than ole Miss. Better environment, better coaching. He missed the bus.

Better keep his mother at arm's length too. She is just as nutty. The best thing he could have done was sign with Clemson rather than ole Miss. Better environment, better coaching. He missed the bus.

His mother is a politician and his father is a cardiologist, maybe not as bad parents as you think.

I agree. Just curious to see what combinations will yield us the best draft. Maybe this is the draft to either stay pat or trade down if the situation is right.

Trade down would be great, but no more than 5-10 spots. There are 4 corners that I would be happy with (not including Ramsey as he is not an option). If we could pick up a 3rd and still get one, I'd jump on that.

His mother is a politician and his father is a cardiologist, maybe not as bad parents as you think.

His father has a job because Ole Miss made one for him so he could get his green card and stay in the states. Otherwise he wouldn't be in the states and would be working for peanuts in his native country. This was done to recruit the kids. His mother forced him to go to Ole Miss after he had committed to Clemson. I am aware of the family situation.

His father has a job because Ole Miss made one for him so he could get his green card and stay in the states. Otherwise he wouldn't be in the states and would be working for peanuts in his native country. This was done to recruit the kids. His mother forced him to go to Ole Miss after he had committed to Clemson. I am aware of the family situation.

I don't see how any of that makes them bad parents. His mother apparently wanted the brothers to go to school together. If his father was lacking opportunities as a cardiologist in Nigeria and Ole Miss helped him get a better job and stay in the U.S., more power to them. Nothing that I read about the mother nor any of what she had to say sounded irrational.

I don't see how any of that makes them bad parents. His mother apparently wanted the brothers to go to school together. If his father was lacking opportunities as a cardiologist in Nigeria and Ole Miss helped him get a better job and stay in the U.S., more power to them. Nothing that I read about the mother nor any of what she had to say sounded irrational.

His mother forced him to go to Ole Miss to protect her husband's career. Where I grew up parents don't ask kids to make sacrifices to further their careers.

New mock draft for the AFC East.

5175e514e8f1aca126accce3bea650e7.jpg

Jaquars worked Myles Jack out and liked his workout but also was stated, " Jack's medical recheck reportedly did not go well..." (rotoworld)

Conklin is not a 11 personnel offense left tackle...you wont get away with that foot and lateral athlete in the pros in that style o...and referencing a deforest buckner no outside shoulder threat or a ohio state tape where you can count the number of snaps he matched up with joey bosa on less than one hand is not a good measuring stick

Hopefully miami knows better than that

Last edited by a moderator:
Conklin is not a 11 personnel offense left tackle...you wont get away with that foot and lateral athlete in the pros in that style o...and referencing a deforest buckner no outside shoulder threat or a ohio state tape where you can count the number of snaps he matched up with joey bosa on less than one hand is not a good measuring stick

Hopefully miami knows better than that

Fair enough. Can you direct me to video of games where he struggled because he did not get beat a single time in either of those games and he effortlessly switched off his initial blocking assignment to any free delayed rushers. If he can't play left tackle as you say, isn't there somewhere on this line where he could be a great player? Another point is that there is not a single speed rusher that he would face playing in the AFC East. The closest thing I can come up with as far as speed rushers in this division is Chris Long or Jerry Hughes. Not exactly Von Miller or Robert Quiinn.

Rashad Robinson in RD 2 would free up the pick at 13 to be something other than a CB. Just a thought.

Robinson fits the scheme.

I think we should trade down completely out of the first round and get two 2nd rounders.That would give us three 2nd round picks.Draft two corners and a Lineman.

Rashad Robinson in RD 2 would free up the pick at 13 to be something other than a CB. Just a thought.

Robinson fits the scheme.

I'm not even considering the kid until Day 3. His time at LSU was a mess, so much so that he was booted off the team for stealing from his starting QBs apartment, then went on Twitter rants about why is was he didn't get special treatment and he's going to expose people, and then failing out of school.....and that was after being held up as a freshman while being investigated for Clearinghouse issues. It seems like the kid doesn't like to put in work and earn things.

Add to that:
- he hasn't played football in almost 2 years
- his Pro Day 3-cone would have been 2nd worst at the Combine
- his Pro Day shuttle would have been worst at the Combine
- he's physically unimposing (171 pounds, 5 bench reps)
- he offers little/no effort in tackling against the run

Yes, he's tall, long and has really good straight line speed....and he played well as a freshman against Mike Evans. I would be curious to hear how his interviews with teams have gone, because that might be the only thing that saves him from dropping way down boards.

But for all the reasons above, i can't see the value in risking a 2nd or early 3rd round pick on a guy like this.

Back
Top Bottom