2018 Game 13 Snap Reactions - Patriots Ii - Someone Pinch Me | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 13 Snap Reactions - Patriots Ii - Someone Pinch Me

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
Well, it was a pretty good, entertaining football game. Just like the Colts game. Just, just like the Colts game... until....

- What a dreadful start for the defense. You would think that with how often these guys see swing passes and other rinky dink throws into the flat in practice, they would be able to cover them? Nope. And when I saw Walt Aikens lined up out there at safety, I knew we were screwed.

- Where have these opening drive touchdowns been for the last, uh, forever?

- Kiko Alonso makes some really bad plays. He also makes some really great plays. I still think he can be a good and productive player for the Dolphins going forward, but he needs a defensive coordinator who understands his limitations. Like not asking him to cover Julian Edelman 1on1 on 3rd and long. And then asking him to cover Gronk 1on1 on the next 3rd and long.

- Anybody see that cameraman trip and fall after the Bolden touchdown? Brian Hartline, eat your heart out, buddy. In that same thought, how about the idiot announcer calling us "the fish" after the score? Dolphins are mammals, slapnuts. Mammals. Nice block by Kenny Stills on that play, by the way.

- I have to give massive props to Adam Gase and the offensive coaching staff for inserting Brandon Bolden into the lineup against his former team. You could tell that he wanted it bad, and the results were positive for Miami. Two rushing touchdowns in the first half. Not bad.

- Complete offensive line collapse in pass protection approaching the end of the first half. Anyone want to block someone? Anyone? Anyone? Nope. John Denney, think it might be time to hang 'em up.

- Is Stephen Gostkowski a closet Dolphins fan? This guy seems to miss a lot of kicks against Miami.

- Many of us noticed this in chat, but Ryan Tannehill was getting absolutely CRUSHED out there, before and after his injury. Not that the injury play specifically is an example of this, but how about some protection for our team's quarterback? The rules protecting quarterbacks should apply to ALL quarterbacks, not just stars. When he is hit late, hit high, hit low? Call it. Or change the rule.

- Speaking of Tannehill, despite his body being held together with construction paper and super glue by the end of this one, he played very well. One almost intercepted pass in the first quarter, but after that he was quite good.

- Kenny Stills, on a crucial drive late in the game, with the sticks right in front of you... you... choose to give yourself up? What... what was that? He didn't appear to trip or stumble. He just kind of ate the football? On the next series, Stills drops a third down conversion and Gase elects to punt. Aaaagh!

I don't know what's going to happen in these last three games, but this team somehow has a heartbeat.

One thing I want to add: How about Belichick completely outsmarting himself by having Gronkowski out there on that final play of the game? You put a defensive back out there and you go home with a win.

Eat **** you philandering blowhard.

Somebody should check my heartbeat. I fell out of my chair and almost threw my remote through the TV with excitement. What a difference a week makes.

- Kiko Alonso makes some really bad plays. He also makes some really great plays. I still think he can be a good and productive player for the Dolphins going forward, but he needs a defensive coordinator who understands his limitations. Like not asking him to cover Julian Edelman 1on1 on 3rd and long. And then asking him to cover Gronk 1on1 on the next 3rd and long.

This is an excellent summary of Kiko JDW. High risk high reward.

Gase just saved his job. The win boosts Miami to 4-1 in the division, two years in a row getting a win against the Patriots. At 7-6, the Dolphins have a pulse!

You know what? He's awful, he's been awful all year, and I don't want him resigned, but Ted Larsen had a key block that basically made it Drake vs Gronk one on one
I noticed that on the replay.......he was WAY down field to throw a key block to help Drake bust it. Excellent hustle...

I did not think we had a chance before the game. I guess there is something to the curse that NE seems to have in Miami. But then again, when Belicheat is away from Boston, he doesn't his network to spy on the opposing team. Great win. Anytime you can disrupt the love fest between Goddell and Kraft, it is a good day.

Oh my God, I think the best thing I have seen all day... was not the touchdown to end the game, but Kim Bokamper interviewing Kiko Alonso after the game.

Kim Bokamper: "Kiko, how do you feel?"

*very long pause*

Kiko Alonso: "... uh. Great."

Kim Bokamper: "Kiko, tell me about your quarterback, Ryan Tannehill. Sprained his ankle and came back out there and won the game."

Kiko Alonso: "Ryan has big balls."

I'm DYING

Back
Top Bottom