2018 Game 13 Snap Reactions - Patriots Ii - Someone Pinch Me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 13 Snap Reactions - Patriots Ii - Someone Pinch Me

You know what? He's awful, he's been awful all year, and I don't want him resigned, but Ted Larsen had a key block that basically made it Drake vs Gronk one on one
yup you took the words right of my mouth. Was going to post something similar. Give Ole' Teddy Boy a chicken nugget for his good deed today!!!

Gase just saved his job. The win boosts Miami to 4-1 in the division, two years in a row getting a win against the Patriots. At 7-6, the Dolphins have a pulse!

I said last week's win was meaningless but honestly with the momentum from today and Tannehill actually playing probably as well as I've seen him, I think we have a real chance now, if we can get the W against the Vikings we are in IMO, because we really shouldn't lose to either the Jags or Bills.

For what it's worth, Tannehill now has a passer rating of 105.6 (would be top 10 if he played enough games) and has 16 tds and 6 ints. Love this win, but really feeling the losses to the Bengals and Colts right now. But this is no time to dwell on that, it's time to watch the Drake td for the 50th time.

At half time I was in the game thread saying that this had been a good game so far, no matter the outcome. Just before the last snap, I was thinking the same thing - disappointing, but at least they played well and it was fun to watch.

... Then, that happened...

Holy Fook!

Well, it was a pretty good, entertaining football game. Just like the Colts game. Just, just like the Colts game... until....

- What a dreadful start for the defense. You would think that with how often these guys see swing passes and other rinky dink throws into the flat in practice, they would be able to cover them? Nope. And when I saw Walt Aikens lined up out there at safety, I knew we were screwed.

- Where have these opening drive touchdowns been for the last, uh, forever?

- Kiko Alonso makes some really bad plays. He also makes some really great plays. I still think he can be a good and productive player for the Dolphins going forward, but he needs a defensive coordinator who understands his limitations. Like not asking him to cover Julian Edelman 1on1 on 3rd and long. And then asking him to cover Gronk 1on1 on the next 3rd and long.

- Anybody see that cameraman trip and fall after the Bolden touchdown? Brian Hartline, eat your heart out, buddy. In that same thought, how about the idiot announcer calling us "the fish" after the score? Dolphins are mammals, slapnuts. Mammals. Nice block by Kenny Stills on that play, by the way.

- I have to give massive props to Adam Gase and the offensive coaching staff for inserting Brandon Bolden into the lineup against his former team. You could tell that he wanted it bad, and the results were positive for Miami. Two rushing touchdowns in the first half. Not bad.

- Complete offensive line collapse in pass protection approaching the end of the first half. Anyone want to block someone? Anyone? Anyone? Nope. John Denney, think it might be time to hang 'em up.

- Is Stephen Gostkowski a closet Dolphins fan? This guy seems to miss a lot of kicks against Miami.

- Many of us noticed this in chat, but Ryan Tannehill was getting absolutely CRUSHED out there, before and after his injury. Not that the injury play specifically is an example of this, but how about some protection for our team's quarterback? The rules protecting quarterbacks should apply to ALL quarterbacks, not just stars. When he is hit late, hit high, hit low? Call it. Or change the rule.

- Speaking of Tannehill, despite his body being held together with construction paper and super glue by the end of this one, he played very well. One almost intercepted pass in the first quarter, but after that he was quite good.

- Kenny Stills, on a crucial drive late in the game, with the sticks right in front of you... you... choose to give yourself up? What... what was that? He didn't appear to trip or stumble. He just kind of ate the football? On the next series, Stills drops a third down conversion and Gase elects to punt. Aaaagh!

I don't know what's going to happen in these last three games, but this team somehow has a heartbeat.

Two comments.
This goes in the record book at a 4Q comeback win for Tannehill.
Given the Pats started two drives in Miami territory and playing ST guys, the D did pretty well.

I met a buddy for a drink at a local bar and we watched 2nd half....needless to say, being as conditioned as we are as Dolphin's fans, we expected the same ol' same ol'. When that final play happened (keep in mind we had been mostly quiet expecting the inevitable to happen) we erupted in shouting and I wound up throwing my hands up in the air...problem was I was holding a 3/4 full glass of beer which then showered down on everyone close by. I wound up buying a round for everyone (luckily no Pats fans) and throwing the bartender an extra 20.

Kiko is a good player. Anytime you have 116 tackles with 3 games left you are a good linebacker. There is plenty of room for improvement, but give him his due.
To be fair to Burke, Brady read the coverages and saw KA on Edleman. Part of football.

It's going to be tough for the Patriots to say they should have won this one, or that they lost on a fluke play, or that we got lucky … considering they blocked TWO PUNTS! Yeah, we won, and we deserved to win.

PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Back
Top Bottom