2018 NFL Draft: Can Mark Andrews be Miami Dolphins’ TE answer in 3rd round? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL Draft: Can Mark Andrews be Miami Dolphins’ TE answer in 3rd round?

Any chance for those who follow it more than me if Hurst could fall to the 3rd due to age and a lack of projectability?

I have seen several mocks with Hurst going late first, so falling to the Fins in R3 would be a bit of a surprise

If we go defense at #11, there is a good chance we have to snag a QB in round 2. The need for a TE is huge so if need be, you might have to trade back into round 3 to go get him.

Any chance for those who follow it more than me if Hurst could fall to the 3rd due to age and a lack of projectability?

Define lack of projectability? Several top draft analysts have him as their top TE. He's impressed me more than any other tight end and seems to be a great fit for Miami's offense. I think he should be there for Miami's second, but no way he lasts until the third. He's only a year older than Tannehill when he was drafted.

Goedert and Hurst should be Miami's top 2 targets at TE.

A tier 2 target should be Gesicki, though he scares me because he's basically just a big slot receiver, same with Andrews. Though Gesicki at least has elite athleticism for a TE. His combine numbers match up with Mike Evans. If Miami doesn't care about blocking, Gesicki should be the guy. If Miami wants a more well-rounded tight end, Hurst or Goedert should be the target. Though I think Hurst does more after the catch and moves better than Goedert. But Goedert has some crazy catches in his repertoire.

I see talent in this year's TE class, and it starts with Goedert, Hurst, and Gesicki. I personally wouldn't take Andrews until the 4th round.

If Miami waits, there are a few guys in the 4th that could be in play. Tyler Conklin is a name to look out for too in round 4.

If we go defense at #11, there is a good chance we have to snag a QB in round 2. The need for a TE is huge so if need be, you might have to trade back into round 3 to go get him.

I'm curious to see what Buffalo does. If they stay put, Arizona might want to jump them for a QB, and Miami could be a potential trade back option.

Define lack of projectability? Several top draft analysts have him as their top TE. He's impressed me more than any other tight end and seems to be a great fit for Miami's offense. I think he should be there for Miami's second, but no way he lasts until the third. He's only a year older than Tannehill when he was drafted.

A tier 2 target should be Gesicki, though he scares me because he's basically just a big slot receiver, same with Andrews. Though Gesicki at least has elite athleticism for a TE. His combine numbers match up with Mike Evans. If Miami doesn't care about blocking, Gesicki should be the guy. If Miami wants a more well-rounded tight end, Hurst or Goedert should be the target. Though I think Hurst does more after the catch and moves better than Goedert. But Goedert has some crazy catches in his repertoire.

I see talent in this year's TE class, and it starts with Goedert, Hurst, and Gesicki. I personally wouldn't take Andrews until the 4th round.

If Miami waits, there are a few guys in the 4th that could be in play. Tyler Conklin is a name to look out for too in round 4.
I agree with Hurst. But still just puzzled at your take on Andrews. He is faster than every TE except for Gesicki. He is being praised in workouts for his quickness. He is also an insane red zone threat and own's the seam. I'm not against goedert but he has big separation issues. Andrews with a 4th round grade is just way off. Him and Hurst are best in this class. Bottom line thou is i would take any of the 4 Hurst, andrews, gesicki or goedert. Miami needs a TE!

I agree with Hurst. But still just puzzled at your take on Andrews. He is faster than every TE except for Gesicki. He is being praised in workouts for his quickness. He is also an insane red zone threat and own's the seam. I'm not against goedert but he has big separation issues. Andrews with a 4th round grade is just way off. Him and Hurst are best in this class. Bottom line thou is i would take any of the 4 Hurst, andrews, gesicki or goedert. Miami needs a TE!

If you look at Andrews' film, he doesn't win matchups based on his athletic ability. A lot of his catches are scheme based, in the spread, where he isn't being keyed on or gets away because of good play design. He plays a lot slower on film than he ran. His 3-cone suggests he will have trouble getting off of tight coverage in the NFL. And he was rarely asked to block. He was basically a big slot receiver. Rarely did you see him face tight coverage. For a lot of his receptions, he was wiiiiiiiide open. Whereas when I looked at Goedert, Hurst, or Gesicki, I saw a lot of contested catches and ability to break away from tight coverage.

If you look at Andrews' film, he doesn't win matchups based on his athletic ability. A lot of his catches are scheme based, in the spread, where he isn't being keyed on or gets away because of good play design. He plays a lot slower on film than he ran. His 3-cone suggests he will have trouble getting off of tight coverage in the NFL. And he was rarely asked to block. He was basically a big slot receiver. Rarely did you see him face tight coverage. For a lot of his receptions, he was wiiiiiiiide open. Whereas when I looked at Goedert, Hurst, or Gesicki, I saw a lot of contested catches and ability to break away from tight coverage.

Gotta give Andrews credit for how open he gets too. Your right, he’s a big slot receiver and he runs damn good routes which is why he can survive that way. Being aware of the defense and slipping open is a skill and putting him in the slot w/ that frame can Be match up hell

Not a blocker though, whatsoever. Hes a flex guy all the and Idk if gase is looking for that

If there's a way we could draft Gesicki and this guy, that would be awesome. I think since we got rid of Jarvis we need to start looking at multiple TE sets. The guys in this draft class all have good frames on which to build muscle and develop into archetypical TEs

I say nope to the OP just because he will be long gone. I like Andrews. Wish we could get him in the second and another TE round 4.

By lack of predictability I mean the fact that he's not going to get much bigger and stronger. Was his production due to the fact he was playing a bunch of 18 and 19 year old underdeveloped kids being a man already?

By lack of predictability I mean the fact that he's not going to get much bigger and stronger. Was his production due to the fact he was playing a bunch of 18 and 19 year old underdeveloped kids being a man already?

If you work out, you're going to get stronger. And age doesn't magically make you a good football player. Either you can play or you can't. And he can play.

Back
Top Bottom