2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas

I’m warming up to the idea of Bridgewater and Haskins in Miami next year although neither are as athletic as I’d prefer.

I'm curious Birdmond, about the Bridgewater idea....I've read this a lot on the forum the last couple of weeks. Aside from the fact he really hasn't played in 3 years...………….what is the math in this scenario? We would have to get him in free agency which would cost $$$ and we would have the dead money associated with RT being released which would cost $$$$. And if we are simply looking at him as a gap stop to drafting someone, is there enough upside to a QB who hasn't seen the field in 3 years?

I liked Bridgewater when the Vikes drafted him, but from what I recall he doesn't have a rocket arm and struggles with the longer throws.

Looking for feedback regarding the Bridgewater potential.....

I'm curious Birdmond, about the Bridgewater idea....I've read this a lot on the forum the last couple of weeks. Aside from the fact he really hasn't played in 3 years...………….what is the math in this scenario? We would have to get him in free agency which would cost $$$ and we would have the dead money associated with RT being released which would cost $$$$. And if we are simply looking at him as a gap stop to drafting someone, is there enough upside to a QB who hasn't seen the field in 3 years?

I liked Bridgewater when the Vikes drafted him, but from what I recall he doesn't have a rocket arm and struggles with the longer throws.

Looking for feedback regarding the Bridgewater potential.....
It will take 15 to 18 million a year on a multi year deal to get him with so many teams needing a QBs. He just isn't a player I want to commit long term money to . I would much prefer to keep Ryan another year and either sign Fitzpatrick or draft someone like Haskins to sit behind him for a year. You can then cut Tannehill after next year for a much more reasonable number.

Just my 2 cents.

This is a losing scenario.....

the only way our FO would be able to hit considering their batting average.
i dont see FO changing anytime soon.

would the tanniers object to trying to get the guy from Clemson sometime
down the line? or would there be multiple objections?

I was really leaning towards Minshew but he really played poorly in adverse weather conditions. I will have to think about this some more.

It will take 15 to 18 million a year on a multi year deal to get him with so many teams needing a QBs. He just isn't a player I want to commit long term money to . I would much prefer to keep Ryan another year and either sign Fitzpatrick or draft someone like Haskins to sit behind him for a year. You can then cut Tannehill after next year for a much more reasonable number.

Just my 2 cents.
Really, this is my thought as well.....but hearing a lot of Bridgewater talk and think I might be missing something. Thanks for the feedback.

the only way our FO would be able to hit considering their batting average.
i dont see FO changing anytime soon.

would the tanniers object to trying to get the guy from Clemson sometime
down the line? or would there be multiple objections?

No idea what a tanniers is or what Clemson player you are referring too......but in general, I'm not aware of anyone who doesn't think we need an upgrade, the question is just when and how that is done.

Really, this is my thought as well.....but hearing a lot of Bridgewater talk and think I might be missing something. Thanks for the feedback.
He is still a youngish QB who has had some success. The fact he is the best option that could be a long-term starter in free agency shouldn't change the fact that he hasn't done anything over impressive since he has been in the league and hasn't started a game in 3 years. He is worse than Tannehill and would require more gauaranteed money than what Ryan has remaining. It just makes zero sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom