2019 Senior Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Senior Bowl

Geordie

Club Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this. If there is one and I missed it please mods merge thanks.

Anyway watching the recap shows on NFL network for the practices. What have folks been seeing out there ?

The analysts seem very high on:
Drew Lock (QB)
Deebo Samuel (WR)
Montez Sweat (DE)

From the highlights to me, the following also stood out:
Travis Fulgham (WR)
Chuma Wdoga (RT)

Anyone been able to see a little more than the NFL recap stuff ? Thoughts?

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, must set PVR :)

Watched practice on Thursday couple players stood out to me....Dexter Williams quick cuts good speed and vision......Cowart hustle on every one on one,very quick first step, long wing span. Daniel Jones best QB on that day..Stidham, Lock pretty good day......overall lot of nastiest in the trenches hard to get a good feel inone practice....

Sweat seemed to level out after the first day. He looks the part but we'll have to see how he tests in the twitch categories like vertical jump, broad jump and 3-cone. Also the 10-yard split while running the 40.

Those tests have proven to defeat subjectivity while forecasting defensive ends.

QB play in the game has been pretty poor tbh, obviously it must be hard to get on the same page as receivers you've just met. Jones just put together an impressive drive, but I still don't like him at all.

I do like Edoga (T), he's flashed again, and I've liked Saunders (DT), Renfrow (WR), Johnson (CB) and Doss (WR) to my untrained eye they've flashed, through the first half.

Another great drive by Jones, might be eating my words. He's impressed in the 2nd half.

Finley looking good on his first drive.

Last edited:
I like Finley. Hate that gruden wanted a win so bad that he practically wasn't allowed to through in the 4th. Guess that's what happens when you win 3 games in the regular season

OK now it's over. I'm going take a closer look at the following based on the game:

Doss (WR) - This kid just catches everything, looks like a physical specimen and apparently is an awesome route runner.
Addereley (DB) - He was everywhere in the back field for the North.
Keke (DL) - Flashed a lot, the analysts loved him
Renfrow (WR) - Kid just seems to make big plays
Edoga (T) - Looks like the perfect replacement for James if we decide to move on.
Omenihu (DL) - Another to flash a lot.
Saunders (DL) - The guy is over 300 pounds and can do back flips :)
Finley (QB) - Thought he was the pick of the QB's.

Also already liked Sweat, Lock and Stills. Thought Jones upped his stock with a good showing in the 2nd half. Thought Minshew, Grier and McShorley hurt themselves in the game. Where was Ferguson ?

Who else flashed to folks and who disappointed ?

I like Finley. Hate that gruden wanted a win so bad that he practically wasn't allowed to through in the 4th. Guess that's what happens when you win 3 games in the regular season

Yeah there is really zero point in punting in games like this. Gruden though showed his experience with the coaching job he did, the stickers was a master stroke in man management.

What round is Edoga projected? If its not a 1st, then saving 9 million on cutting James could be worth it.

And, will senior bowl re-air?

I was intrigued by Tyree Jackson and hadn’t watched a lot of him live. I see some big armed throws and that TD in the red zone was on a rope, but all in all disappointed with his accuracy and that throwing motion needs to be tightened up. Would’ve liked to see one or two more designed runs with him as well. He looks like a project for someone willing to sit on him. Not for us, though.

What round is Edoga projected? If its not a 1st, then saving 9 million on cutting James could be worth it.

And, will senior bowl re-air?

Apparently he performed a lot better than the analysts thought he would based on his USC tape. A lot will depend on how he measures at the combine, can see a vallue pick up here though in the 2nd or 3rd round, don't think anyone has him projected 1st round on mocks yet, that could change.

They usually replay the game at some point closer to the combine I think. They may replay it sometime in the week if they haven't totally saturated their coverage of the superbowl build up, which is getting ridiculous.

I was intrigued by Tyree Jackson and hadn’t watched a lot of him live. I see some big armed throws and that TD in the red zone was on a rope, but all in all disappointed with his accuracy and that throwing motion needs to be tightened up. Would’ve liked to see one or two more designed runs with him as well. He looks like a project for someone willing to sit on him. Not for us, though.

Good call. I saw a lot of good and a lot of concern with him. Think his ceiling is super high, even higher than Gase's ceiling for Tannehill :p. That deep ball he threw was beautiful but the game at times seemed a little too fast for him. If he gets in the right environment with the right coaches he could be great, like you say though, that's probably not the enviroment he'll get in South Florida.

Isabella was the best WR going into the week. Some lames picked apart some practice reps like they matter, and, sure enough, he was the best WR in the game. People make this harder than it needs to be.

Caveat: Emanuel Hall has the most upside of any WR. Just needs to stay healthy.

Isabella was the best WR going into the week. Some lames picked apart some practice reps like they matter, and, sure enough, he was the best WR in the game. People make this harder than it needs to be.

Yeah that guy looked special, think Gruden hit him up for 3 stickers in the end which means he liked him too. On evidence of this game though I'm a little more intrigued by Doss, also thought Renfrow flashed. We'll need a wideout to replace Parker and hopefully Amendola.

Hall is a favourite of mine also, but you are right to point out the injury concern.

I liked Isabella today. I could see him as a guy to nab to work under and then replace Grant if we can get him. Small, fast and tough to bring down.

Back
Top Bottom