2020 NFL Combine info here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

For those who like to watch the combine. Times and all the players that are going to be there and more.

Guys I am personally really excited to see testing and drill work from...

Day 1
Tua - DUHHHHHH
Herbert - Says he is working with a Qb coach, wanna see how he is continuing to grow. And see if he is putting on any weight.
KJ Hill - think he is a plug and play slot guy who is underrated
Claypool - Big physical guy, want to see athleticism and route running. Could start to separate himself a bit

Day 2 -
Josh Jones - really feel like he is going to be a target for Miami and a day one starter for someone hopefully the Fins
Hennessy - want to him to show how well he moves and see if he carries the momentum from Senior Bowl week into individual drills
John Simpson - Think he can prove a lot, really want to see lateral movement and overall quickness or lack thereof
Wilson (UGA) - think he came out too early but he is extremely gifted and a BIIIIIIG boy. Want to see his strength and footwork as likely will do drills at LT and RT

Day 3 -
Espensa - see mocks where he is falling, big guy with production but may be limited somewhat athletically. Wanna see him in drills and see how clean he is.
Willekes - I like him and plays with a great motor and energy, reminds me of Biegel so my not be a target but hope he continues to climb
James Lynch - personal fav, big physical hard working guy, underrated coming out of Baylor but man does he feel like a Dolphin in his mentality and how he keeps moving every play till the whistle blows
Chiasson - measurements and athleticism will blow people away but want to see his footwork and fluidity when asked to drop into coverage and do agility drills
Baun - can he continue to show out I bet he does and could become a target by the end of the week maybe even late first
Uche - good showing at teh senior bowl and will be intrigued how he looks athletically.

Day 4 -
Dantzler - long corner want to see how he flips his hips and his footwork overall, PD master and works against top flight guys in college so isnt afraid of anyone
Ashtyn Davis - another fav, DB coach works for Miami now. Day 1 starter at FS. Big IQ and burst to cover. He will test well and move himself to top 40 overall.
CJ Henderson - jsut feels like a fit for Flo's CB model, should be fun to watch them UF guys can be hit or miss but they sure are mega athletic
Pride Jr - HUGE senior bowl week, can he continue to develop that hype
Winfield Jr. - Him or Davis are day 1 guys and I think he is the best S in the class, want to see him move around and work in space and see where he measures up because all top flight Safetys are at the combine, where does he stand as an overall athlete in comparison.

I found this article to be a good read.

Talks a bit about how GMs, and agents, hang out in a more informal setting (read lounge), and "chit chat", is an important part of the process. I could see kind of like a sales pitch, and may have some effect.

It also has info for anyone not able to get NFL Network on thier sat or cable package.

Guys I am personally really excited to see testing and drill work from...

Day 1
Tua - DUHHHHHH
Herbert - Says he is working with a Qb coach, wanna see how he is continuing to grow. And see if he is putting on any weight.
KJ Hill - think he is a plug and play slot guy who is underrated
Claypool - Big physical guy, want to see athleticism and route running. Could start to separate himself a bit

Day 2 -
Josh Jones - really feel like he is going to be a target for Miami and a day one starter for someone hopefully the Fins
Hennessy - want to him to show how well he moves and see if he carries the momentum from Senior Bowl week into individual drills
John Simpson - Think he can prove a lot, really want to see lateral movement and overall quickness or lack thereof
Wilson (UGA) - think he came out too early but he is extremely gifted and a BIIIIIIG boy. Want to see his strength and footwork as likely will do drills at LT and RT

Day 3 -
Espensa - see mocks where he is falling, big guy with production but may be limited somewhat athletically. Wanna see him in drills and see how clean he is.
Willekes - I like him and plays with a great motor and energy, reminds me of Biegel so my not be a target but hope he continues to climb
James Lynch - personal fav, big physical hard working guy, underrated coming out of Baylor but man does he feel like a Dolphin in his mentality and how he keeps moving every play till the whistle blows
Chiasson - measurements and athleticism will blow people away but want to see his footwork and fluidity when asked to drop into coverage and do agility drills
Baun - can he continue to show out I bet he does and could become a target by the end of the week maybe even late first
Uche - good showing at teh senior bowl and will be intrigued how he looks athletically.

Day 4 -
Dantzler - long corner want to see how he flips his hips and his footwork overall, PD master and works against top flight guys in college so isnt afraid of anyone
Ashtyn Davis - another fav, DB coach works for Miami now. Day 1 starter at FS. Big IQ and burst to cover. He will test well and move himself to top 40 overall.
CJ Henderson - jsut feels like a fit for Flo's CB model, should be fun to watch them UF guys can be hit or miss but they sure are mega athletic
Pride Jr - HUGE senior bowl week, can he continue to develop that hype
Winfield Jr. - Him or Davis are day 1 guys and I think he is the best S in the class, want to see him move around and work in space and see where he measures up because all top flight Safetys are at the combine, where does he stand as an overall athlete in comparison.
I agree with you about James Lynch. He's my favorite DL outside of Brown in this draft. He's got Miami Dolphin all over him. Plug him in at LDE and let him do his thing. Dantzler could be an option @ #26, IF Miami keeps the pick. That's the one pick I could see them trading for more picks on day 2 and day 3.

Did anyone else look at the top performers in each category since 2006? via link provided from the OP. Very few elite players, find it interesting.

I am happy to try to digest all the info from the Combine but I don't want to watch it.

But the NFL is trying to monetize anything and everything.

It's funny cause i googled it and it said it started today, then when i went to the actual combine site it says it starts Thur

Back
Top Bottom