2020 NFL Draft: Here's how the Dolphins can ace the first round | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Draft: Here's how the Dolphins can ace the first round

Here is an article on the subject... they believe DNA or genetics explain why some players are more injury prone than others.....

Some guys do seem "injury-prone" while others can overcome and move on. The article doesn't help with that question because it doesn't speak to the probability of re-injury. Tua's injury, like say Willis Mcgahee's in the Fiesta Bowl was more about the impact on his body than the body itself. Certainly a person without the wrong genetic make-up could get just as injured in those situations. Nothing here to say if could happen again, Mcgahee played 10 seasons.

I feel offenses that pull thier center have a better running game. Now thats pure conjecture with no stastical evidence.
Probably a chicken and egg thing.

Counters, sweeps, etc involve a lot of pulling and quick footwork on the part of the interior line.

If you have the guys that can do it, it's effective. If you don't, you end up with a lot of TFLs.

That's where a good coach designs his O around what his players can do well, as opposed to forcing players to do what they can't.

I expect Miami to trade up for its qb and left tackle. I don’t see them being ok with taking a 2nd round grade project type as a plan a at tackle.
Do you think he makes it till 18? Once that first one comes off the board (excluding a top 5 pick), the positional feeding frenzy panic sets in. Aside from the top 4, I think this is a weak OT draft, a big drop off after they're off the board. We will probably see 4 tackles taken in the first round and maybe someone like Jackson rising up to an early second-round pick.

Do you think he makes it till 18? Once that first one comes off the board (excluding a top 5 pick), the positional feeding frenzy panic sets in. Aside from the top 4, I think this is a weak OT draft, a big drop off after they're off the board. We will probably see 4 tackles taken in the first round and maybe someone like Jackson rising up to an early second-round pick.

In terms of the tackle thing I think miami just has to gauge it by the board. If it gets in range you go get it. The fallback can always be if the board doesn’t fall for them a stop gap vet signing after the draft and a 2nd round grade type project with upside be it pick 26 or round 2 etc.

18 for a projects probably a little rich.

Im tellin ya though the more I watch Andrew Thomas the more I’m seeing that athlete show up late in a pass set in a negative way.

ball comes out on time or early I think you good but you hold it and he has a tendency to lose athletically and fall off late.

put it to you this way it’s more than I’d expect to see in a top grade tackle.

I'm ok with the 1st one, but really dislike the next two.

My scenario is very simple, stay put at #5 no matter what....

5. If Tua is there, and they like him, take him, if someone swoops in and takes him, just take Herbert.

18. Take the top O-tackle remaining on your board, if it's Jones, perfect...Don't know why some Dolphin fans have a problem taking him at 18, he's a quality tackle, what we actually need.

26. Depending on what players are higher on Miami's board, either take an interior linemen (Ruiz?) Or RB (Taylor?).

There are multiple scenarios that can work, and be an A+ for us, but trading up or taking Love when Tua or Herbert are still there is a good way to fail, before even starting.

Who cares. I could have told ya he’d do that on tape. Herberts eval is all about what he has between the ears. Everything else is gravy.
I wasnt big on Herbert myself for a long while until I looked into what they do not tell you. Now I still like Tua more but Herbert is actually a top 10 pick. He played in a diff offense every year with no weapons and still did very well as opposed to Love who it's ok his 2019 season sucked because he had no help and looks like Mahomes. /cough. The entire no leadership thing is a comment from his coach who said a few months later how much he changed and was an entirely different QB but that didnt hit the paper because it's not news or derogatory.

I'm ok with the 1st one, but really dislike the next two.

My scenario is very simple, stay put at #5 no matter what....

5. If Tua is there, and they like him, take him, if someone swoops in and takes him, just take Herbert.

18. Take the top O-tackle remaining on your board, if it's Jones, perfect...Don't know why some Dolphin fans have a problem taking him at 18, he's a quality tackle, what we actually need.

26. Depending on what players are higher on Miami's board, either take an interior linemen (Ruiz?) Or RB (Taylor?).

There are multiple scenarios that can work, and be an A+ for us, but trading up or taking Love when Tua or Herbert are still there is a good way to fail, before even starting.
Man I'm hoping for QB , 3 oline and a rb in our first 5 picks.

I wasnt big on Herbert myself for a long while until I looked into what they do not tell you. Now I still like Tua more but Herbert is actually a top 10 pick. He played in a diff offense every year with no weapons and still did very well as opposed to Love who it's ok his 2019 season sucked because he had no help and looks like Mahomes. /cough. The entire no leadership thing is a comment from his coach who said a few months later how much he changed and was an entirely different QB but that didnt hit the paper because it's not news or derogatory.

that’s not what I’m referencing and I agree that leadership and intravert stuff is overrated. Looked like a guy who tbe players gravitated to to me be it oregon and the senior bowl.

I mean more about the way he thinks the game and processing things. There’s a hiccup there in his college tape that needs answers. Answers the tape doesn’t give and only a real in person meeting and getting into his football mind can answer. Processes information.

I know I'm in the minority here but the way the NFL game is trending, I view the center position more important than tackle.
Don't get me wrong, I want to see 2 OTs called this year. However, I believe we should be drafting our center the same year as our QB and let them develop together from the beginning.
Okay, but we HAVE a center, we have nobody on the roster at tackle that should be starting in the NFL, sorry Jessie...

Man I'm hoping for QB , 3 oline and a rb in our first 5 picks.

We may not get 3 O-Linemen in our first 5 (then again, anything is possible...Only the Miami staff know for sure), but I think 2 in the first 5 is very possible...either way, there is a good chance a 3rd linemen will be taken somewhere after the 3rd.

At 5 we get a QB or Simmons. At 18 we can reach for Love and get a tackle at 26.
If Love is gone we get Simmons and two OTs.

Some guys do seem "injury-prone" while others can overcome and move on. The article doesn't help with that question because it doesn't speak to the probability of re-injury. Tua's injury, like say Willis Mcgahee's in the Fiesta Bowl was more about the impact on his body than the body itself. Certainly a person without the wrong genetic make-up could get just as injured in those situations. Nothing here to say if could happen again, Mcgahee played 10 seasons.

That is the gamble with a top 5 pick isn’t it?

The question is... considering Tua’s multiple low extremity injuries in basically 2 years... is he genetically injury prone? Is his style of play and unwillingness to check down leading to injuries?

Big gamble if your Chris Grier......

Back
Top Bottom