2020 NFL Draft: Here's how the Dolphins can ace the first round | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Draft: Here's how the Dolphins can ace the first round

I think the resistance to selecting a RB in the first round is due more to the depth at the position in this year's draft than anything else. Most analysts have 5 or 6 backs with roughly the same grade.

Now, if you fall in love with one guy, and think he is THE perfect guy for your offense, then maybe... but otherwise, poker players will bluff a bit and see what slides.

Agreed. I like a lot of guys from 56-141.

I'm loving the Isaiah Simmons scenario. That guy sounds and looks like he can do what Brian Flores wanted Minkah Fitzpatrick to do. He also looks better doing it. He is a defensive weapon. Reminds me of a Troy Polamalu offense wrecking kind of guy. Worth grabbing, and getting quarterback with the second pick. Not blown away by Tua all that much, because not too many heavily recruited quarterbacks would look bad throwing to a core of first round pick caliber receivers. And oh yeah, that is with tons of time to throw. Don't want to take a chance on a guy with an injury history and an offensive line that is still under construction. Yes, the offensive line will be better, but it is still an unknown. The less unknowns out there the better. An injured prospect quarterback and an old quarterback does not sound as bad as a healthy prospect quarterback, that may not be as good at the moment, but there is a reason why a teacher / offensive coordinator was hired to make him a better quarterback quarterback and an old quarterback.
I wouldn’t mind or be to mad if they picked simmons

M. Pouncey was the last center we drafted in the first round, and I seem to think that turned out pretty well. At least while he was with the team.
He was good when healthy, but that wasn't the case much of the time.

While he didn't miss that many games (only played 5 in 2016), he often played hurt, which diminished his effectiveness.

Really, He was named GM in January 2016 and the last I checked that was 5 years ago.
That is true, but I'm not sure that, even with the title, he was allowed carte Blanche on the decisions.

I don't know that he saw eye to eye with Gase, who had more say than his experience justified.

Throw in Tbum, and you have a convoluted power structure, that IMO, was a complete cluster****.

I have a lot more confidence in him teaming up witg Flo to bring his vision to fruition, than I ever did with the past few staffs.

IMcKinney is a player that would fill a need. Who do you prefer?
Well considering Rowe is player the position that McKinney would be drafted for imo.
I dont see the range for him to play FS which Miami needs.Winfield jr is an interesting prospect and aswell as Dugger.Winfield I believe makes the most sense but that's me.Maybe Chinn.

1. I like trading up for Burrow
2. I like trading up for TUA
3. I like picking BPA at #5 and then trading up from #18 for QB
4. I like trading down a little to obtain another pick or 2 and then drafting a QB

1. I like trading up for Burrow
2. I like trading up for TUA
3. I like picking BPA at #5 and then trading up from #18 for QB
4. I like trading down a little to obtain another pick or 2 and then drafting a QB
I don't like trading up from 5, period.

I'm cool with BPA at 5, if that's what Flo believes in.

Trading down? Only for very good value in 2021 draft. We don't really need more mid round picks this year.

I would be on board packaging a 4th and 5th to get back a 3rd.

I don't like trading up from 5, period.

I'm cool with BPA at 5, if that's what Flo believes in.

Trading down? Only for very good value in 2021 draft. We don't really need more mid round picks this year.

I would be on board packaging a 4th and 5th to get back a 3rd.

I'm willing to trade down from 5... and then up from 18. Bear with me...

If we were looking at Wirfs or Bechton... then we could slide down a bit and still get them. ...and then swap whatever we picked up in the trade down to trade back up for the second player. Maybe end up with a 9 and a 13 instead of 5/18. Think about how many people think we'll miss on the Tackle we want at 18; this would slide us back up without costing us one of our second day picks.

Convoluted? Yes... but that's what you can do when you have more picks in the draft than anyone else. You move up and down, targeting the players who are falling... (like Tunsil).

Now... this goes out the window if you are all-in on Tua. Which if fine, if the front office is sure that's who they want.

But the year that the Press said Ross wanted Jackson... it later came out that he just wanted to trade down, and I think his instincts were good.

Yet Tua is the one who felt jaded during his interview With the Phins brass and Herbert got to spend extra time With Mia throwing 65 yards from the goal line during his pro day???

Who is getting choked with smoke here???

Guess we’ll find out won’t we?

If they do gamble on Tua’s durability? I hope he bucks the trend and become durable in the pros!

I'm willing to trade down from 5... and then up from 18. Bear with me...

If we were looking at Wirfs or Bechton... then we could slide down a bit and still get them. ...and then swap whatever we picked up in the trade down to trade back up for the second player. Maybe end up with a 9 and a 13 instead of 5/18. Think about how many people think we'll miss on the Tackle we want at 18; this would slide us back up without costing us one of our second day picks.

Convoluted? Yes... but that's what you can do when you have more picks in the draft than anyone else. You move up and down, targeting the players who are falling... (like Tunsil).

Now... this goes out the window if you are all-in on Tua. Which if fine, if the front office is sure that's who they want.

But the year that the Press said Ross wanted Jackson... it later came out that he just wanted to trade down, and I think his instincts were good.

Well said. Part of the value of having so many picks is that you can pick and choose what to do. If you REALLY love a player and think he has elite talent, then who cares about giving up picks if they believe the alternative is a good or average player?

We need playmakers. The wealth of picks will help us do that. If done right, this team will turn around quicker than most think.

Back
Top Bottom