35. Salvon Ahmed* / Washington / 5'11", 197

36. J.J. Taylor* / Arizona / 5'5", 185

37. Scottie Phillips / Ole Miss / 5'8", 209

38. Benny Lemay / Charlotte / 5'8", 221

39. Corey Dauphine / Tulane / 6'0", 200

40. Darius Bradwell / Tulane / 6'1", 230

41. Ke'Mon Freeman / SMU / 5'11", 225

42. Xavier Jones / SMU / 5'11", 208

I steer clear from Jonathon Taylor. He benefits from a massive Wisconsin OL playing against a weak Big Ten (West side of the conference is pitiful) schedule and has issues with fumbling. I love Dobbins and would be very happy with him, Akers or CEH.

1. D'Andre Swift* / Georgia / 5'8", 212

2. Jonathan Taylor* / Wisconsin / 5'10", 226

3. J.K. Dobbins* / Ohio St. / 5'9", 209

4. Cam Akers* / Florida St. / 5'10", 217

5. Clyde Edwards-Helaire* / LSU / 5'7", 207

6. Joshua Kelley / UCLA / 5'11", 212

7. A.J. Dillon* / Boston College / 6'0", 247

8. Rico Dowdle / S. Carolina / 5'11", 213

9. James Robinson / Illinois St. / 5'9", 219

10. Lamichael Perine / Florida / 5'11", 216

11. Ke'Shawn Vaughn / Vanderbilt / 5'9", 214

12. Darrynton Evans* / Appalachian St. / 5'10", 203

13. Darius Anderson / TCU / 5'10", 208

14. Zack Moss / Utah / 5'9", 223

15. DeeJay Dallas* / Miami / 5'10", 217

16. Eno Benjamin* / Arizona St. / 5'9", 207

17. Artavis Pierce / Oregon St. / 5'10", 198

18. Raymond Calais / UL-Lafayette / 5'8", 188

19. Reggie Corbin / Illinois / 5'8", 199

20. Anthony McFarland** / Maryland / 5'8", 208

21. Patrick Taylor / Memphis / 6'1", 217

22. Tony Jones* / Notre Dame / 5'10", 220

23. Sewo Olonilua / TCU / 6'3", 232

24. Rodney Smith / Minnesota / 5'11", 210

25. Shannon Brooks / Minnesota / 6'0", 215

26. JaMycal Hasty / Baylor / 5'8", 205

27. LeVonte Bellamy / W. Michigan / 5'9", 192

28. Michael Warren* / Cincinnati / 5'9", 226

29. Tavien Feaster / S. Carolina / 5'11", 221

30. Marvin Kinsey / Colorado St. / 6'1", 206

31. Brian Herrien / Georgia / 5'11", 209

32. Jason Huntley / New Mexico St. / 5'8", 182

33. Gerold Bright / Utah St. / 5'10", 190

34. Cameron Scarlett / Stanford / 6'0", 219

35. Salvon Ahmed* / Washington / 5'11", 197

36. J.J. Taylor* / Arizona / 5'5", 185

37. Scottie Phillips / Ole Miss / 5'8", 209

38. Benny Lemay / Charlotte / 5'8", 221

39. Corey Dauphine / Tulane / 6'0", 200

40. Darius Bradwell / Tulane / 6'1", 230

41. Ke'Mon Freeman / SMU / 5'11", 225

42. Xavier Jones / SMU / 5'11", 208

Where do you see Dillion falling to in the draft, he a late 2nd at this point, did appear to be a bit stiff during some of the drills? Feel like he showed some decent athleticism for a big back like himself. Feel like Taylor may have had had the most impactful combine for draft stock feels to be a clear RB1 not that I would take him 1st but his production and workout will make someone fall in love. . Kelley definitely showed some quickness, and there is a lot of power packed into his frame, not some HS superstar who went to a big program but has put in the work, gotta appreciate kids like that.

Where do you see Dillion falling to in the draft, he a late 2nd at this point, did appear to be a bit stiff during some of the drills? Feel like he showed some decent athleticism for a big back like himself. Feel like Taylor may have had had the most impactful combine for draft stock feels to be a clear RB1. Kelley definitely showed some quickness, and there is a lot of power packed into his frame, not some HS superstar who went to a big program but has put in the work, gotta appreciate kids like that.
I could easily see Dillon sneaking into the second round.

Taylor looks fast in games, but his combine was very impressive. Maybe late first, early second round depending on where the run starts for backs.

I don't take any of these backs in the 1st round. If you hit and draft yourself a 1,500 yard stud - you end up having to pay him big money, which you don't want to do. If you get one, you ride the heck out of him on that first contract then let him go and draft another one. Rinse. Repeat. The value at RB is always with picks 45-90.

Taylor has had fumbling issues which I've noted have concerned me all along, but you can't ignore talent like that. Wisconsin's offensive is always overrated a little bit. This kid can play. A poster I think it may have been Ejay, noted one time how unlucky Jonathan Taylor seemed to be with fumbling because none of 'em were ever recovered by his own team. However, if you watch the film - his fumbling issued are always at the end of runs where he's finishing and still upright after the first tackler couldn't bring him down - all the help arrives and starts trying to strip the ball because he doesn't have it high and tight. So there's always 3 or 4 defenders around when he fumbles which is why it's usually always recovered by the defense.

His fumbling issues can be fixed. But you can't teach some of the talent he has. I listened to Ladanian Tomlinson and Terrell Davis talk about Tiki Barber's fumbling issues and how he corrected them and it was a good point. We've seen a lot of backs get it corrected. It will be corrected in the NFL by the RB coach. Keeping that ball high and tight at all times.

I don't take any of these backs in the 1st round. If you hit and draft yourself a 1,500 yard stud - you end up having to pay him big money, which you don't want to do. If you get one, you ride the heck out of him on that first contract then let him go and draft another one. Rinse. Repeat. The value at RB is always with picks 45-90.

Taylor has had fumbling issues which I've noted have concerned me all along, but you can't ignore talent like that. Wisconsin's offensive is always overrated a little bit. This kid can play. A poster I think it may have been Ejay, noted one time how unlucky Jonathan Taylor seemed to be with fumbling because none of 'em were ever recovered by his own team. However, if you watch the film - his fumbling issued are always at the end of runs where he's finishing and still upright after the first tackler couldn't bring him down - all the help arrives and starts trying to strip the ball because he doesn't have it high and tight. So there's always 3 or 4 defenders around when he fumbles which is why it's usually always recovered by the defense.

His fumbling issues can be fixed. But you can't teach some of the talent he has. I listened to Ladanian Tomlinson and Terrell Davis talk about Tiki Barber's fumbling issues and how he corrected them and it was a good point. We've seen a lot of backs get it corrected. It will be corrected in the NFL by the RB coach. Keeping that ball high and tight at all times.
Wash Rinse Repeat

I saw Cam Akers as a potential steal since he did not show what he can do behind FSU's terrible OL.

But his combine probably changes that.

I am not drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds just on general principles and I don't see one in this Draft that would change my mind.

IF RB is the best value at any of their picks( r 1-3) I hope they can trade down with a team that overvalues the position.

I saw Taylor a few times this year and, I believe, he fumbled each game I watched. I did go back and look at his highlights after the combine. There's no doubt he's very impressive, right up there with Swift IMO. If Miami can get him with that 2A pick, that's a win in my book.

I really like Dobbins and would be more than willing to take him at 39, if he is gone Taylor or Akers will do just fine. We need a running game to take some of the pressure off our QB, he has to have size and smarts to pick up blitz's. Dobbins ability to fake out deep secondary defenders while at full speed makes him special to me and a threat to score.

45-90 you may have very good value but it is hit and miss there to.

Dubbins, Swift, Taylor, Akers, CEH and Kelley....I'd be happy with any of them depending on where we get them of course.

2 of my favorite guys right now are Ke'Shawn Vaughn and Reggie Corbin. Vaughn just has outstanding vision and is great value for a potential 3 down back in the mid rounds and Reggie Corbin is just plain fun to watch, reminds me a bit of Sproles.

If the Fins don’t go RB early, I like Perine day 2 or 3.

Kelley and Dillon were the guys I was hoping would slip to like the 5th round. Reckon that ain't happening now. Maybe Darrynton Evans?

Back
Top Bottom