2020 Runningback Rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Runningback Rankings

No one is going to want to use a Day 1 or Day 2 pick on an RB after free agency

You can take Corey Dauphine off the list. The NCAA just granted him a 6th year of eligibility.

Yeah he was granted a 6th year a few days after I made this thread. Just ignore him. It’ll be fine.

I am not drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds just on general principles
This, there are guys all down this board that can run through a hole and make a guy miss. I take Anthony McFarland in the 4th after setting up our OL. If he played at Ohio State he'd have had the same numbers as Dobbins.

I am not a fan of using a pick on Day 1 or Day 2 on an RB. I would prefer to sign one in FA and draft one on Day 3.

The guy i like is Darrynton Evans. Patient rusher with definite home run speed. Played weak comp but was just filthy against them.

Last edited:
I love Taylor and Dobbins but do not get the love with Swift. He has light tread on the tires though and that should count for something. His highlights are very pedestrian to me.
Swift’s vision, acceleration and pass catching ability set him apart in my eyes. Especially if we’re moving to a more wide open scheme. You could do some really fun things with him as a receiver.
I’m a UGA fan so I’m biased, but this is my favorite play from his time as a bulldog.

Akers and Dobbins will probably be the best values in terms of where you can get them imo.

IF Miami did not have some many holes on it's roster then I would feel more inclined to add a Swift or Dobbins early.

But RB's are a useless luxury without an offensive line and if you build a really strong OL you can have great success with B+ RB's. Look at Mostert in SF for example.

Not to mention the fact that RB's grow on trees and are not hard to find.

The Draft should be for acquiring hard to find, expensive on the FA market, talent.

Last edited:
Kelly was good at the Senior bowl.

Looks pretty good catching the ball too.

Tough runner, i assume his lack of breakaway speed knocks him down the charts.

Could be a late round/UDFA steal.

I steer clear from Jonathon Taylor. He benefits from a massive Wisconsin OL playing against a weak Big Ten (West side of the conference is pitiful) schedule and has issues with fumbling. I love Dobbins and would be very happy with him, Akers or CEH.
That side of the big ten is weak, but not defensively. They're pathetic offensively but there's some really good defenses there. If be much more concerned with his wear and tear then his competition.

My concern with Taylor is all the carries.

But nowadays teams don't expect a p[layer to stick with them for 10 years so the worry that he would not last long is less of a concern.

I like Dobbins and Swift more but don't want any of them in Rounds 1-2.

PLEASE wait until Round 3 at least!!!!!

My concern with Taylor is all the carries.

But nowadays teams don't expect a p[layer to stick with them for 10 years so the worry that he would not last long is less of a concern.

I like Dobbins and Swift more but don't want any of them in Rounds 1-2.

PLEASE wait until Round 3 at least!!!!!

Just based on numbers/workload i would normally be concerned....but i watched a lot of Taylor the last few years and he doesn't take a lot of big hits. Mileage is still mileage but i prefer a luxury sports car with only longer but less damaging highway miles over a less used jeep that was beat to hell off-road and has the injury history to prove it.

I was a big Taylor/Etienne fan throughout the year but the more i look at Dobbins the more i like him. His sophomore year soured me a bit and i didn't give him the attention he deserved.

I was all in on Etienne and am still upset he decided to stay at Clemson.

Back
Top Bottom