2020 Runningback Rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Runningback Rankings

My concern with Taylor is all the carries.

But nowadays teams don't expect a p[layer to stick with them for 10 years so the worry that he would not last long is less of a concern.

I like Dobbins and Swift more but don't want any of them in Rounds 1-2.

PLEASE wait until Round 3 at least!!!!!

I get what your saying but unless a really good player of need slips to round 2 I would love one of these higher end guys. I mean the best RB or a pedestrian player like Misi, Odrick, Harris, etc...? Hopefully these new front office adds help Grier out.

Akers was my sleeper but he went and showed off at the Combine.

Now we would be fortunate to see him on the board at #70.

I get what your saying but unless a really good player of need slips to round 2 I would love one of these higher end guys. I mean the best RB or a pedestrian player like Misi, Odrick, Harris, etc...? Hopefully these new front office adds help Grier out.
I agree. If the talent dictates, a first rounder for a running back can be a great pick. Wouldn't Miami fans be happy with Zeke Elliott?

I think the Dolphins are in a great position, with all their picks, to see where the run begins and get into the mix for either Swift (my favorite), Taylor, or Dobbins. Perhaps things change a little if they sign Gordon, which seems like a strong possibility.

I think after the way things unfolded with FA, if we can land our QB and an OT at 5 and 18, you opened the door for a short trade down at 26 to land that extra third for a RB. So we don’t have to use one of our 2nds for one.

I think after the way things unfolded with FA, if we can land our QB and an OT at 5 and 18, you opened the door for a short trade down at 26 to land that extra third for a RB. So we don’t have to use one of our 2nds for one.

What player will give us what Swift would at 26? Dobbins or Taylor at 39? Another OL? They are littered throughout the 2nd and 3rd round. I want a Corvette not a Prius. Just once I want a freaking playmaker! In all my time as a Dolphin fan we have had 1 elite RB, 0 elite WR’s, 0 elite TE’s and Marino. That is mind boggling. Hell we passed on Randy Moss! Enough! If a STUD is sitting there don’t flinch!

I agree. If the talent dictates, a first rounder for a running back can be a great pick. Wouldn't Miami fans be happy with Zeke Elliott?

I think the Dolphins are in a great position, with all their picks, to see where the run begins and get into the mix for either Swift (my favorite), Taylor, or Dobbins. Perhaps things change a little if they sign Gordon, which seems like a strong possibility.

No i would not be happy with Zeke Elliot.

Because 1. I would have spent the #4 overall pick on a goddamn running back and 2. I am now using a big chunk of my Cap on a goddam running back.

I can find a guy who is 88% as good as Zeke for 30% of what he makes on the 3rd day of the Draft.

Sure I might have to try a couple guys before I found one but I find one eventually.

Build a good Offensive Line and a solid back is more than enough.

I would never draft a RB in Round 1 unless there was a truly special back available. And I am talking Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk,, Ladanian Tomlinson type guys.

In fact there is not a RB active right now other than McCaffery and I would not take him in the top half of round 1.

7 of the top 30 rushers in the league last year were 1st rounders, that is SEVEN out of Thirty.

9 of the Top FIFTY and two of those were Josh Allen and Kyler Murray.

What player will give us what Swift would at 26? Dobbins or Taylor at 39? Another OL? They are littered throughout the 2nd and 3rd round. I want a Corvette not a Prius. Just once I want a freaking playmaker! In all my time as a Dolphin fan we have had 1 elite RB, 0 elite WR’s, 0 elite TE’s and Marino. That is mind boggling. Hell we passed on Randy Moss! Enough! If a STUD is sitting there don’t flinch!

How about these "playmakers"?

Henry, Chubb, Mixon, Cook, Bell, Hyde, Jones, Linsay, Ingram, Freeman, Kamara etc...?

You want any of those guys?

Not a 1st round pick in the bunch, and only a few 2nd rounders.

This over valuing of running backs is truly maddening.

No i would not be happy with Zeke Elliot.

Because 1. I would have spent the #4 overall pick on a goddamn running back and 2. I am now using a big chunk of my Cap on a goddam running back.

I can find a guy who is 88% as good as Zeke for 30% of what he makes on the 3rd day of the Draft.

Sure I might have to try a couple guys before I found one but I find one eventually.

Build a good Offensive Line and a solid back is more than enough.

I would never draft a RB in Round 1 unless there was a truly special back available. And I am talking Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk,, Ladanian Tomlinson type guys.

In fact there is not a RB active right now other than McCaffery and I would not take him in the top half of round 1.

7 of the top 30 rushers in the league last year were 1st rounders, that is SEVEN out of Thirty.

9 of the Top FIFTY and two of those were Josh Allen and Kyler Murray.
Number 4 is definitely high. I'm thinking maybe at #26 or with the team's first pick in the second round.

There is not a back in this Draft i would spend a #1 on.

I would go WR at 28 IF the Fins get their QB early.

Swift, Dobbins and Taylor are the caliber RB that is available every draft.

I possibly would have made an exception for Travis Etienne who I might have fallen in love with last year. ;)

How about these "playmakers"?

Henry, Chubb, Mixon, Cook, Bell, Hyde, Jones, Linsay, Ingram, Freeman, Kamara etc...?

You want any of those guys?

Not a 1st round pick in the bunch, and only a few 2nd rounders.

This over valuing of running backs is truly maddening.

You mean getting a stud LATE in the 1st AFTER we have already picked TWO players in front of him? Please tell me how many of those guys were drafted by us? Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins are closer to an Elliott or Barkley than a Hyde, Lindsay, Mixon, etc... but your not paying top 5 or top 10 for these guys.

Other than Chubb or Kamara that is a pedestrian list and are products of scheme or great blocking. Hell Chubb was the 1st pick of the 2nd round! Kind of hurts your argument doesn’t it? Kamari is the only other back worth a **** and he is paired with Brees and Thomas.

Nice try, while your at it how about seeing how many of these 10-14 mil OG were picked in the 4-5 rounds. A lot. Better yet I want another Jared Odrick instead of a D’Andre Swift. Sound good? 4 years of a Stud before the tread comes off or 4 years of eh.

Last edited:
So you would
There is not a back in this Draft i would spend a #1 on.

I would go WR at 28 IF the Fins get their QB early.

Swift, Dobbins and Taylor are the caliber RB that is available every draft.

I possibly would have made an exception for Travis Etienne who I might have fallen in love with last year. ;)

So you would take the 4th best WR in a draft over the best RB. One guy may get targeted 4-6 times a game and the other touches it 20+. Interesting, also it takes receivers 2-3 years to really get going but a RB literally hits the ground running.
Sorry but if Swift is sitting there along with say Jefferson of LSU I pray that is not the route we go with Parker and Williams on the roster. If there is something we can definitely get later it’s a WR in the deepest receiver draft in years.

Last edited:
There are two first round tailbacks in this class who both measured at combine as first rounders and produced in college like first rounders: Jonathan Taylor and AJ Dillon.

There are two first round tailbacks in this class who both measured at combine as first rounders and produced in college like first rounders: Jonathan Taylor and AJ Dillon.

You are saying Dobbins didn’t produce in college like a 1st rounder? His measurables are impressive. He is the strongest of the top tier backs and has explosion. Dillon? Meh, I mean he is a bruiser but doesn’t have the burst for me, just a pile mover. Taylor? Yeah he is a stud. I would love to get him.

Back
Top Bottom