2020 Runningback Rankings | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Runningback Rankings

It is certainly harder to find an outstanding WR than an outstanding RB.

I think both positions are over valued in some sense.

My philosophy is that if you have a strong OL then you do not need elite RB talent to have an effective running game.

And if you have a strong QB then you do not need elite WR to have an effective passing game.

The Patriots have shown this to be true for 2 decades.

I will concede that it is a lot easier to build a strong Ol than it is to find a great QB so there is that.

But my feelings on this are more about spending draft assets and cap space on the 2 positions than actually having elite talent there. If you can get them cheapish then I am all for it.

I just would not draft either very high or pay them too much unless I had a truly stacked team and that player would be the icing on the cake so to speak.

NE isn't the best example imo, because they had the best TE in NFL history, and they also had Welker or Edelman. So, if you have the most dominant TE to ever play, you don't need great receivers, but that's hard to count on.

This draft is deep. No need to take a RB in first round. I would take 2 backs. One in second or third round. One in the 4th or 5th round.

I would stay away from Taylor who fumbles too much. There is one RB that has no fumbles in his whole college career that is in that top 10. Name him,

This draft is deep. No need to take a RB in first round. I would take 2 backs. One in second or third round. One in the 4th or 5th round.

I would stay away from Taylor who fumbles too much. There is one RB that has no fumbles in his whole college career that is in that top 10. Name him,

I am working on this. 0 fumbles? OK

OK, I put in the work I am going with Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Actually rated over Taylor and Dobbins in a few places.
Not necessarily an asterisk but Taylor and Dobbins have a ton more touches. But still outstanding

I want to dismiss Adrian Killins of Central Florida because he's so small, but damn is he fast and quick. I keep picturing him circling out the backfield on pass routes matched up on some poor linebacker.

NE isn't the best example imo, because they had the best TE in NFL history, and they also had Welker or Edelman. So, if you have the most dominant TE to ever play, you don't need great receivers, but that's hard to count on.

True but Gronk was only there for part of it. They won 3 without him(and one of those they got him when he was hurt) and none when they had Moss.

You can always find an Edelman/Welker/Amendola type guy.

True but Gronk was only there for part of it. They won 3 without him(and one of those they got him when he was hurt) and none when they had Moss.

You can always find an Edelman/Welker/Amendola type guy.

It's true, but the league has changed a lot over the last couple decades, and those NE offenses were just good enough to win with a great D and HC.

If we sign Gurley, our desire to draft a RB in the first two days will evaporate.

I'm higher than most on Eno Benjamin and I know many here like the idea of Dillon.

If we sign Gurley, then we'll hunt for a RB in the 5th round or so and let Gaskin and Laird fight for one spot.

If we sign Gurley, our desire to draft a RB in the first two days will evaporate.

I'm higher than most on Eno Benjamin and I know many here like the idea of Dillon.

If we sign Gurley, then we'll hunt for a RB in the 5th round or so and let Gaskin and Laird fight for one spot.

if Gurley was a long term answer the Rams wouldn’t have cut him loose. His medical must be awful.

He certainly isn't a long-term answer... Nor can he be counted upon to be a bell cow back, and that's why he was released.

This does not mean that he can't be part of a committee for several years.

Sign him cheap and limit his touches... use him as the Pats have always used their backs. Then, when he is done, get another one.

He certainly isn't a long-term answer... Nor can he be counted upon to be a bell cow back, and that's why he was released.

This does not mean that he can't be part of a committee for several years.

Sign him cheap and limit his touches... use him as the Pats have always used their backs. Then, when he is done, get another one.

I doubt he comes cheap though bc he's still a name, released or not. Ego comes into play with guys who were elite in recent years and still young.

Back
Top Bottom